Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel staff was very much in tune as to needs of guests. Many of the guests are associated with the local University Hospital System. They also offer rates for people
attending medical facilities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that our staff provided you with quality service.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

At about a $100 a night I am completed disappointed. This is the worst ESA I have ever stayed at. You have to go to the front desk if you want standard things like a coffee maker, dishes, silverware. These items should already be placed in the rooms. I have never heard of a hotel doing this. Then, when I called down to the front desk, the person answered the phone unprofessionally. If I recall correctly, she answered with "what?" or "yes?" Not a proper greeting. When I checked in, there was only one front desk agent and many people waiting in line. Not sure why management would understaff; the lady clearly needed help. My room was not properly cleaned; still trash in the bin from previous guest. The lack of service can be attributed to this alone. For what is offered at this hotel, you are better off saving some money and staying at a super 8 or cheaper hotel in the $50 range. Also, the cable channels that are offered are minimal. Again, either spend your money somewhere else for the same price or save some money and stay in a cheaper hotel which wouldn't make you feel cheated about the money you spent. The only positive thing that I can say about this hotel is that the coffee in the lobby is good.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lade587
Reviewed 1 August 2014

A very well-run hotel in a convenient location. I enjoyed having a kitchen with a microwave and a full refrigerator. The provided breakfast included coffee, cocoa, oranges, apples, several kinds of muffins, and instant oatmeal. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ShopGirlCalifornia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I checked at desk. She gave me room 303 (handicap accessible). Took my wheelchair confined wife to third floor, opened door from smoke filled hall, and immediately notice a " used" bed, towels on bathroom floor. Called front desk to report it, she says come back down for reassignment. Get downstairs, she states she doesn't have another assessable room. She calls the north hotel for us, they have no rooms available. I was hot, she egged me to call corporate about this issue, " she is tired of being confronted by angry customers for this same exact problem." So at 7:30 pm I'm calling around trying to find another assessable room. Fortunately, the Hampton inn right behind the extended stay has a room open. I took it quickly, but paid three times the cost. The room and staff were excellent.
Extended has lost me as a repeat customer, regardless of savings.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terry H
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I recently had to stay here for business. I stayed for roughly 2 months. It needs to be updated, better linens also. I probably would not stay here again. It was the worst hotel I've stayed in but definitely not the best. The rooms, and kitchenettes really need updated and newer appliances.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Sirthor1881
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I’m disappointed to learn that our overall accommodations did not meet your expectations. Please know, your feedback is very important to us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, cbh@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Lipstick stains on comforter-hairs in the sheets & the ironing board. Coffee mug glued to cabinet with residue-heating coils on stovetop will probably start a fire. Wifi wasn't working that day. No proper snow removal or clear sidewalks-entrance doors aren't automatic so have fun bashing all you're carrying into doors while trying not to slip on snow/ice. Witnessed visitor get coffee in the lobby & proceed to puke it up outside-came back to try a different coffee but did it again. School bus picks up girl every AM & blocks parking spots-with snow mounds & school bus traffic is blocked & made me late for work twice.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Brienne C
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Medium range ammenities w/ hall noise @ night GREAT STAFF. Clean basic room - - needs more tv channels - kitchen had 1 fork / 2 knives / 1 pot for scrambled eggs in the morning because no breakfast offered. Kitchen supplies need to be checked regularly and replenished.. rooms NEED a SMALL DISHWASHER - cleaning dishes in a small sink w/ little packets of dish soap - - NOT GOOD. Coffee maker looked like it had been purchased at a garage sale. But other than that - - - the stay was middle of the road at best with a feeling of " why did't I stay out doing something - -anything " rather than come back to the room w/ nothing to do except sleep Clean - Bare Sleep Room - - - not a WOW EXPERIENCE. Sorry ESA - - but if you fix these items you"ll have a ROCKIN' HOTEL - - - but right now - - NOT SO MUCH.

Room Tip: If all you need is a sleep room - - you'll be fine.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family