“Easy travel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
boulder, United States
“Easy travel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We found this hotel to be convenient, and very clean with comfortable beds. The staff was helpful and friendly. There was a good restaurant located right next door with quite a few other good ones in the immediate area. I'd definitely would stay their again when I'm in Cleveland.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jearamy K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Ronald B:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent experience with us! I am pleased to see that you had an enjoyable experience and found the property to be conveniently located with friendly staff. Our team takes great pride in our service as it is our goal to be your first choice in lodging whenever your travels bring you to the greater Cleveland area. Thank you again; we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Jearamy Klinger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Milwaukee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I left this hotel after being refused a room approximately an hour ago; I have had some time to reflect upon my experience and would like to relate what happened to the TripAdvisor community who might consider staying at this hotel when searching the Beachwood Ohio listings.

Let me begin be saying that I had reserved a room two days ago on the internet, specifically requesting two queen beds as my wife and I were traveling with our son. When I went to check-in the front desk clerk punched my name in the computer and, without explanation, turned around and approached her supervisor, a moody and rather arrogant clerk named Brandon Hall. After some whispering (without looking at me or in any way acknowledging my presence), Hall abruptly looked up from his computer screen and stated that "the king room I had reserved was available." I explained that a double queen room had been reserved and Hall immediately went on the offensive, telling me that I had reserved a king room, and that was "exactly what I would be receiving". I returned to my vehicle and retrieved my iPhone to verify that my reservation was indeed for a double queen room. I showed the email to Hall who was not fazed by the emailed confirmation--he told me he did not like my attitude, and that I should leave the hotel.

I again expressed concern that this room was not what I had reserved and calmly asked if a suite was available. Hall then told me he did not like the way I had approached him and became very agitated, raising his voice so other guests in the lobby could hear. I told Hall to lower his voice and he demanded that I leave the hotel, that he could have made some adjustments but, because of my attitude I would, under no circumstances receive a room. He then said he would call the police and proceeded to dial 911. I left at this point, realizing that Brandon Hall obviously suffers from an emotional problem, and that it was unlikely that he would return to a normal state of mind allowing me to salvage any reservation.

The Hampton Inn needs to screen their employees. This man does not belong in a position where he has to come in contact with the public or rely on his non-existent public relations skills. By promoting him to supervisor management has shown the Peter Principle in action--Brandon Hall has risen to the level of his incompetence.

By the way, this experience will be related to the district and regional Hilton managers, and it will have a chilling effect on future plans to choose a Hilton property when booking the national conventions and meetings (read 450 plus room nights per year) I am actively involved in planning.

Stayed June 2014
7 Thank Frozencustard
Jearamy K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Frozencustard:

First and foremost, I would like to again extend my apologies for your recent experience at our property. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring the experience to our attention as well as for speaking with me about the experience. As discussed I will be sure to address the situation accordingly to ensure there will not be any similar occurrences in the future.

Please know that we understand that our guests have a choice when it comes to lodging and we take great pride in providing excellent overall service to ensure that each of our guests want to return. We currently rank in the top 13% of entire Hampton brand, thus I can assure you that this is not a reflection of how we operate our business.

While I can certainly understand your frustration I do hope that you continue to consider using Hilton properties and more specific the Hampton brand in the future for your lodging needs.

Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Exceeded expectations. Great location right off expressway, easy drive to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. courteous staff, good value. Convenient to various dining locations. We will return on next visit to Cleveland area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank dennis716
Jearamy K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear dennis716:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Cleveland! I am very pleased to see that overall we exceeded you expectations and that you found us to be conveniently located. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Erie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Hotel is beautiful and the staff was fantastic.. They were not only friendly but helpful as well ! We had a rather large group that had come to stay here for my friends Wedding. and we all had a great experience! I would definitely stay here again!!!! Thanks again, Nancy Placidi

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Nancy P:

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a wonderful review of your recent experience with us! We were honored to be the host hotel for the out of town wedding guests and I am pleased to see that everyone had a great time. Thank you again; we hope to see you again soon!

Sandusky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We always worry about staying at a hotel when we do travel but this hotel actually changed us. Cleanliness is always an issue for us and again this hotel made us want to come back very soon. The wife was doing the laundry when we returned home and she was shocked when she was washing our new white socks we both wore in the room and the bottoms were still like new white, no dirt! Can't get much cleaner than that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Patrick D:

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay with us! Also, thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent experience with us. I am honored that we passed the "white sock" test!!! Please know that I have already taken the liberty to share your comments with the entire team. Thank you again, we look forward to the opportunity to host you and your family again soon!

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a couple of times now for business. Great location with nice restaurants within walking distance.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is typical Hampton which is a compliment. I would definitely recommend this location to anyone.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear valvestem:

Thank you for the kind review of your experiences at our property. Please know that we certainly appreciate the loyalty to our property during your business travels and please do not hesitate to contact me personally if there is ever anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you again; we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is well located for any east Cleveland visit, well maintained and staff are friendly. Having breakfast available is quite convenient. Hamptons are known for their beds and linens; this was no exception. We didn't get to use the pool/exercise facilites this time due to time constraints, but have used it before. Would stay here again when we next return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear kcdinpa:

Thank you for your continued patronage to our hotel! We are well aware that there are many hotel options when choosing a place to stay; it is our mission to continue to be your first choice. We look forward to seeing you again soon!