“Great beer, not-so-great food”
Review of The Pub

The Pub
Ranked #8 of 126 Restaurants in Beavercreek
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Pub offers a unique combination of British hospitality and American flair. Best known for our signature Fish-n-Chips, guests can also enjoy an assortment of appetizers, sandwiches, burgers and classic British comfort food. The beverage selection includes a wide variety of draught (draft), cask conditioned and handcrafted beers with selections from England, Ireland, Scotland, Europe and the USA. In addition there is a comprehensive list of single malt scotches, small batch and single barrel bourbons, wines and specialty cocktails. The authentic atmosphere and unique experience make The Pub a great place to dine, drink and gather.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a large, loud and active place. Probably not the ideal environment for a 5-year old, however we were visiting nearby and thought it would be OK. That's the key phrase, "OK."
The servers energetically welcomed us and immediately announced the specialty of the house was Fish and Chips. We ordered a few of these and when they arrived, they were pretty bad.

I've been to London more times than I've been to Beavercreek, Ohio - and I can honestly say if any restaurant or pub in London served fish and chips like these, they'd be forced to close. The product comes with a very, very thick batter enclosing a small piece of fish. Even when you take away this coating the fish wasn't up to par.

So, friends, my advice: stick to beer and burgers.

ThePubGroup, Guest Relations Manager at The Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we apologize for your experience. It sounds like our fish and chips was not served correctly and I have shared this with our general manager to address with our cooks to make sure they are following the recipe. We understand why you would be upset and thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can ensure this does not continue. Again, we apologize for your experience and thank you for the feedback so we can improve.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I really like the vibe of the place and hubby likes all of the different beers they have. Decor has lots of beautiful woods and beautiful glass. I have had a number of the items on the menue and they all have been good. Happy hour is a little less expensive if you are going for drinks. Its someplace we go occasionally because we love the pub atmosphere.

ThePubGroup, Guest Relations Manager at The Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thanks for the review Sherry! Glad you enjoy our vibe! Cheers!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was my first trip to the Pub. I liked the atmosphere and the service was good. The quality of the food was "average." I ordered the Fish and chips. When my meal came out I thought it looked like a very large piece of fish. I quickly discovered it was an average size piece of fish with a lot of breading. I ended up pulling off most of the breading because it was too much and overpowered the fish. The fries were ok - just your normal fries. I thought the price was way too much for the portion and the quality of the food. For my meal, a coke and a tip I paid $21. Probably won't go back.

ThePubGroup, Guest Relations Manager at The Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Glad you like our atmosphere and service. We apologize we did not impress with our fish and chips . I have shared this feedback with our team to consider. We really appreciate your review and thank you for taking the time to share.

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I read the last review that said unimpressed and I'm wondering if he went to the wrong place.
We got there during happy hour and had some beers, a few apps to start.... Pub Pretzels, beer battered onion rings and mushrooms bad buffalo bites were all exceptional. Great pub atmosphere and reasonably priced. If I was local we'd make this a weekly must. We proceeded to have the Welch dip pretzel sandwich and that was outstanding. Highly recommend this place.

ThePubGroup, Guest Relations Manager at The Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for the great review! Glad you enjoyed our apps and atmosphere. I see you are from Orlando. We also have a location there. Make sure to check us out! Cheers!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I really wanted to like this place...but I was really unimpressed. I visited The Pub with a large group of people - most of the people in my group had only drinks here, then went elsewhere for dinner afterwards.

I ordered the ham and cheese with Guinness onions on pretzel bun, but it looked more appetizing than it tasted. Unfortunately, the best thing about the sandwich was the pretzel bun. The sandwich was heavy and kind of greasy, so I am happy I was able to order a side salad instead of fries to lighten up the meal.

I would come back for the beer, but not the food.

ThePubGroup, Guest Relations Manager at The Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your review. I have reached out to you on Yelp about your experience. I hope we hear from you so we can work to improve. Thank you.