“Clean, but smoky.”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bellville
Binghamton, New York
“Clean, but smoky.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

While we didn't pay much for this room, so I didn't expect much... I would hesitate to stay here again.

The earlier reviews about a smoky smell / chemical smell were accurate. The chemical smell is a "Febreeze" type air freshener trying to cover the smoke. Other than the smell, my room was clean.

Plus side: Cheap and clean
Minus side: Smelled of stale smoke, mattress was thin and too soft. Gave me a backache.

Room Tip: If you are allergic to smoke, ask to check out the room before you pay.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fountain Hill PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

The rooms are less than "adequate" Chairs with stains, mildew in shower area... then items were taken from our suitcase when we were out and about. Did a police report, nothing solved. Asked to see their "security camera" to see who may have gone into the room. ANSWER: we don't have any" Asked to see a record of who entered my room thru their card key system. ANSWER: "we don't have that kind of technology" SO.. NO SECURITY and ROOMS NEED CLEANING. I would say stay somewhere else! Also were told by the police force that others have had prescription meds taken from rooms, so beware of what you leave behind!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Bellville hotels

Kemp, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

Don't get me wrong the room was adequate with all the amenities a little small, but it was just for one night. Used a coupon so adequate for the price. BUT when I checked in that night there was a smell in the lobby, which is about a 10X12 room with the front desk and the rest is a couple of tables and the breakfast area, smell was not so bad that night. When I went to have breakfast and check out I got sick as soon as I walked in the door, could barely stand it long enough to check out much less eat! I hate this but it was the clerk's body odor. If you are going to work in a customer service position you really should wash! Plus we were in the first room on the first floor right next to a utility closet or back door or something that they were in and out of all night, woke us several times.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellville
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center Bellville
#6 of 15 in Mansfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71
Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario
Towne Place Suites Mansfield

Been to Mid Ohio Inn? Share your experiences!