“Delta Blue BBQ”
Review of Delta Blue BBQ

Delta Blue BBQ
Ranked #20 of 53 Restaurants in Berea
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I wanted to be in between very good and average so I rated very good. Actually they are seafood as well and I will apologize in advance for not trying either. I was in the area looking for a perch dinner (and while I always chastise my wife for doing this) after seeing the menu (wall mounted) I had to go for the chicken paprikash as I have a fondness/weakness for it. It is the sour cream version (my favorite). The restaurant has about five high top tables for seating. The menu did appear adequate and on this day offered walleye, ocean perch, panko grouper, shrimp something, BBQ ribs, pulled pork and much more. Entrees included two sides (good selection). I was offered noodles with my paprikash (I would have made or preferred dumplings :)). Food came quickly in a to-go container. I sat at one of the high top tables. The chicken over noodles was good. My serving was a leg and thigh with coleslaw and a cornbread muffin (I think). The coleslaw was good. The muffin was dead cold. I was pretty hungry (hungarian - get it?) and it was filling. I could have gone for seconds if I was at home. Total for the meal was $8.15 and I bought a 16 oz. pop for $1.50. I didn't see any facilities. There is a display case in the restaurant that they fill with lunch buffet/cafeteria dishes. Friendly server on that day.
I gave the very good rating due to the taste of the dish and the price. I would not expect any atmosphere or consider taking a date here.

1  Thank M J

Reviewed 17 December 2013

One of my co-workers told me about this place so I just got back from eating lunch there. It's a hole in the wall type of place in a small, run down strip mall but nice and clean. the kind of place you might see on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives on FoddTV Network. Daily lunch specials of different cuisines at fantastic prices. Everything from gyros, meatloaf, to ribs, fried chicken, paprikash and seafood. I had the 3 peice catfish with 2 sides and cornbread for $6.50. The catfish was moist and the batter was perfectly fried, crunchy and seasoned. The mac & cheese and rice & beans were fantastic as was the little corn bread biscuit. Only 5 small 2-top tables adorn the place which does a nice take-out business. I'lll be going back real soon, can't wait to try something else on the menu.

1  Thank Solo2112
Reviewed 1 October 2013

i cant say enough good things about this little place.great service,great prices,AMAZING food.custom menu of all homemade food.bbq chicken,fish,ribs,and gyros round out the dinner items.side dishes are really what makes this place special.side change daily and include-home made coleslaw,creole rice pilaf,black beans and rice,cabbage,mac and cheese,creamed spinach,collard greens,black eyed peas,cornbread stuffing,corn muffins,tuscan pasta,and many more.this is a hidden gem in Berea and I would recommend anyone to stop by for an unforgettable meal.i patronize the restaurant regularly and will continue to do so.

3  Thank dennis t

Been to Delta Blue BBQ? Share your experiences!