“Extraordinary-highly recommend”
Review of Berlin Resort

Berlin Resort
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have stayed on two separate occasions in an Executive Suite overlooking the fire pits, once while visiting Amish country with a friend and once with my sister. We truly enjoyed the hotel. The rooms were oversized and very clean. On both occasions, the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The surrounding view was fantastic. Location was perfect. We also enjoyed the fish pond and gazebo. The fitness center has everything you need. And the pool area and hot tub are very nice. I definitely plan to stay again, and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. Please check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: My personal preference is the Executive Suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
BHSinnkeeper, General Manager at Berlin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for choosing Berlin Resort and for taking the time to review our hotel, your feedback helps us in improving for the future. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Executive Suite! We do our best to make it the most pleasurable experience for our guests, including keeping the grounds looking visually appealing. We look forward to serving you again in the future, thank you again for your wonderful review!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

After a day filled with shopping and sampling all the Amish fare, we were quite happy to relax and put our feet up for the night. This hotel was a welcome retreat at the day's end and sort of put me in mind of a Hampton Inn (with much nicer surroundings, I might add) nestled in the Amish Country. The beds were probably average in comfort, however, I'm a bit of a snob for super-soft, cushioned, extra-foam-padded mattresses. The breakfast was - especially the waffle bar - a nice touch to the complementary breakfast, although it took quite a while to get to the end of the line for the (2) available waffle irons on a Sunday morning. Although cleanliness was good to excellent, I think we may stay elsewhere the next time around just because this hotel was not what I would consider to be a must-stay location.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review our Resort. We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed the area! We are actually still working on our breakfast area to improve it, including have different flavors of waffles with other toppings and more irons. Very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, we wish you best travels in your future trips to Amish Country!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Our room was basic and standard as one would expect from an online deal, but it was clean and offered all we required although there was no balcony and only a small window overlooking their inner courtyard which was very pretty. Make sure you have maps of the city before you arrive at the Lido - you can get a water boat direct from the airport using the Alilaguna water bus service (Blue Line) which stops at Piazza SM Elisabetta on the Lido.

Room Tip: super nice neat and clean rooms like it
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We truly appreciate feedback as it helps us make improvements for the future. I think there might have been a little confusion, we are located in Berlin, Ohio.. it sounds like you got to visit Berlin in Germany! I hope you enjoyed your trip, if you are ever in the area please look us up!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Found the hotel on the GPS after midnight. Wow was the first reaction and thought it would be very expensive. Went inside & everything was spotless, and the price was great for the value. Rooms were very large, beds were comfortable, staff was courteous, rooms were very clean as well. Shower pressure was awesome. Zero complaints on this one. Breakfast was average, but I see that is going to be upgraded. We are headed back this weekend to try out a suite!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sammy739
BHSinnkeeper, General Manager at Berlin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! We truly appreciate your feedback as it will help us in making improvements for the future. I am so happy you enjoyed the hotel and your room. As you said we are working on expanding our breakfast, and that should be accomplished before spring. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel, we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Second time in an executive suite! WOW! Illuminated wood sunken ceiling with chandelier. Fireplace in corner. 2-person jacuzzi. Walk in stone tiled shower. Large room. 50-60" TV. Just pass on the breakfast although the sitting area is upgraded, the food is not. If you like powdered eggs and microwaved preheated sausage, you're in luck. Also---odd no in room coffee maker..

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the fancy room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaneWilder
BHSinnkeeper, General Manager at Berlin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! We are so happy that you've enjoyed your stay in the Executive Suite. I absolutely love how the ceilings are done in there. As you may have noticed the hotel is making many changes, with that we are also planning on expanding breakfast selection. It is in the works and should be done within the next few months. We will offer sausage gravy & biscuits, breakfast burritos, omelets and a few other items. Again, thank you for your review, we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

The hotel is in a nice location with beautiful views. They have great amenities like a theater (very comfy seats), indoor pool and hot tub, wifi, etc. So those are the positive things. The room could use renovating. The beds were okay but I didn't care for the thin linens. The carpets smell musty especially in the ballroom. Also all of the top portions of the outlets in the room wouldn't hold a plug. I caught a peek in the suites and I guess they spent all their money in those rooms as they look quite nice and updated! You could visibly feel the nicer carpet walking down the hallway to those rooms. Breakfast was awful - except for the fresh baked bread. They served powdered eggs and instant oatmeal in packets (which seemed quite odd to me in Amish country) and your typical breads, sausage, yogurt, etc. Most of the staff I encountered were kind and helpful - a couple acted like they couldn't be bothered to look up from their computer. All in all, I wouldn't stay here again unless they renovated and had a nicer breakfast (especially on Sunday when nothing else is open).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank jolena28
BHSinnkeeper, General Manager at Berlin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your feedback is very valuable to us! I apologize that you had problems with our outlets, I have reported the issue to our maintenance department. Our suites were an add on a few years back so they are much newer than the regular rooms. We offer a variety of things for breakfast such as waffles, toast, sausage, yogurt, cinnamon rolls, hot and cold cereal and bagels. We are still expanding on our breakfast to add sausage gravy & biscuits, omelets and burritos. Thanks again for your feedback!

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent the weekend in amish country and stayed at the Berlin hotel and suites. Great value, clean, updated. Our only complaint was having a room close to the main road. My husband had difficulty sleeping with the riad noise and the noisy refrigerator. Even with this minor issue, we booked a room for New Year's Eve.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank belee1011
BHSinnkeeper, General Manager at Berlin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, your feedback helps us improve things or let's us know we are doing something right. I apologize that you had noise keeping you up during the night, for New Year's Eve we will make sure you are in a quiet room! Thank you for your business and we will look forward to seeing you again here soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
Berlin Grande Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dover
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Millersburg

Been to Berlin Resort? Share your experiences!