“Perfect for a small reunion”
Review of Zinck's Inn

Zinck's Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Berlin
Westerville, OH
“Perfect for a small reunion”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We recently returned from a short trip to Berlin where we we met my wife's two brothers and their wives for a brief reunion. One brother and wife had been out of the country for a couple of years and this was our first chance to get together. The Inn was exactly as I envisioned it from the reviews on TripAdvisor. The rooms were clean, reasonably appointed, roomy and more than adequate for our stay. The lobby offered a perfect gathering place for us to snack (including the coffee and cookies provided), talk and laugh (my wife brought a silly word game over which we laughed enough to likely scare the other guests away). The lobby offered plenty of seating, a decent view and a warm fireplace. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The included breakfast was quite good - fairly standard expanded continental fare, but all fresh and plentiful. If I have a complaint (and I don't think it qualifies as that), it would be the arrangement for breakfast was a bit crowded. I am not sure how it could be avoided, but maybe a separate table in the lobby area or some other solution could be found to relieve some of the congestion. The hotel seemed to have a fair number of rooms filled, but it certainly was not a peak time - I would guess that would really add to the breakfast snarl. However, that is a very minor issue and the 24 hour availability of coffee more than made up for it. This is not a four star resort, but it is certainly serviceable, convenient to the local Amish attractions and more than fairly priced - especially at this time of year when the second day rate was half the first. Really a true bargain. I think in this case the rating for families is for mature families - I did not see any activities for young children and expect that once the novelty of the horse drawn transportation passing by wears off, little ones would be a bit bored. Overall a great choice for our group's purpose.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top side - no view, but two doors allowing access to cars - very convenient.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mforkner
ZincksInn, Public Relations Manager at Zinck's Inn, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you very much for your recent visit to Ohio's Amish Country and for choosing to stay at Zinck's Inn! We really appreciate the wonderful review. We pride ourselves on offering exceptionally clean rooms and A+ customer service and appreciate you complimenting us on both. If you're ever back in the area, we would love to welcome you back to Zinck's Inn! Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Pinckney, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed here for four nights at a quilt retreat. The rooms are basic but clean. We had a room in the back with a view of rolling pastures and away from the road noise. Daily breakfast was very adequate and early evening coffee and cookies a nice treat. There is a deck off of the dining room and weather permitting you can sit out there for breakfast. Do be prepared for possible flies. You are in a small town surrounded with pastures and cows. You would have to be stupid to think there wouldn't be some flies. Lots of traffic on the road during fall colors and lots of shopping if you are into that. I stay here every year but this is my first review for this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
ZincksInn, Manager at Zinck's Inn, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We really enjoyed having your group here and appreciate your kind words about our facility. We are really glad you enjoyed our breakfast and evening snack of cookies, chips, and popcorn. We hope to see you and your group again soon!
Jackson
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Was there on October 14-18 and had a great time. The weather wasn't good but we enjoyed it. Have stayed at Lodging on the Square and Carriage house and all have been great. Hope to come back in February. Went to see Half Stitch and it was wonderful along with all the food we ate while we were there. Met a lot from our area. Can't wait to come back. Thanks to everyone.

Room Tip: Clean, quiet and just great
ZincksInn, Manager at Zinck's Inn, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and review of Zinck's Inn! We appreciate our repeat guests very much. I am also glad to hear you enjoyed the Half-Stitched musical in Sugarcreek. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in February!
Little Hocking, Ohio
Reviewed 18 October 2013

First time we stayed here but we will be back. The rooms are spacious and very clean. There were snacks set out for us in the evening. There was a small fridge. There was a continental breakfast but we wanted to go to a buffet at one of the restaurants but it looked like it was a nice spread.

1 Thank sharon45742
Glen Easton, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We recently stayed there , me my auntie and mum . Our room was on bottom floor ... We arrived to a bed that was down hill towards head board ... I not being a complainer I tried to sleep in it .... Then the flys ... We got up went shopping , we I came back I called it to there attention about the bed , and the flys .. We went to an amish home to eat .. Which was awesome do it ! When we returned there was an awful stench , I thought it was something dead but we figured it out every time the toilet flushed up stairs we got it ... No rooms to change us to ... Had to deal .... They charged my card when I checked ... 297.00 two nights , I told the assistant manager that I wasn't satisfied with the room .. She told me we are in the country about the flys .. I live in a more rural area than that and my flies can't get in closed doors ... And the bed she said you shoulda told us the first night I said I don't like to complain , but this is ridiculous ... The reason I got 1 st floor was because I booked on line ... What! Not every happy ... Will sleep in my Tahoe before I stay there again ....

Room Tip: Ask for second floor if you have to stay there !
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
ZincksInn, Manager at Zinck's Inn, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
I was informed of your complaints when you called our front desk around 8 PM on the second night of your stay. I told her to go to the room and see what the complaints were. When she called me back, she stated that she could not see where the bed was leaning. We have had hundreds of guests stay in that room before your visit and many after. None complained of the bed leaning downhill. She did say that there were flies in the room, but also mentioned that you were entering and exiting the room to smoke. On the particular evening that you were staying if you recall it was cold and damp so when the door is opening and closing the flies tend to seek refuge in a warm, dry location. My front desk staff said the only smell she could smell was from the smoking along with the dampness, which created a musty smell. I can assure you it had nothing to do with any toilets flushing. All the lines are inspected and sealed.

Even after you were entirely rude to both my night front desk girl and my assistant manager the next morning and your complaints were unmerited, we still refunded you half of your stay. I felt this was more than fair since you stayed one complete night before making us aware of the issue.

I believe we have both reached the conclusion that Zinck's Family of Inns is not the place for you to stay. I do appreciate the compliment about the dinner in the Amish home. I believe we are the only hotel in Ohio's Amish Country that offers this service.
Louisiana
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay here in the beautiful Amish country. It is always so nice in the area and the staff at Zinck's are always very helpful. The mornings begin with a nice Amish lady, Ms. Mary seeing to the breakfast items that are usually locally baked Amish breads etc. The view from dining room is very inviting and you can even sit out on deck if you like. We have stayed here many times and always look forward to returning!

Room Tip: Rooms facing back of Motel have best views from rooms.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Zinck's Inn was the perfect place to stay with the goal of introducing an out of state friend to the Amish community. It is central to the many small towns that we wanted to visit. The staff is always very friendly , the rooms are simple and clean. The included breakfast has many options. The view from the back side of the hotel displays the beautiful farm countryside. The gathering area is comfortable for meeting with friends in the evening in a homey setting as well as several small tables and chairs. The shelves are stocked with games, the fireplace is inviting, and simple snacks are provided during the evening hours. Ask about dinner at an Amish home that can be arranged by Jonas, their sweet hospitality man who grew up Amish. Jonas will kindly answer your questions about the Amish and Mennonite way of life in Holmes County.

Room Tip: There are rooms that can be accessed from the outside and also rooms that you enter from the inside...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank travelingnana47
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
Berlin Resort
#2 of 4 in Millersburg
Holmes with a View
Holmes with a View
#4 of 4 in Millersburg

Been to Zinck's Inn? Share your experiences!