“Spacious, well designed suites but aging”

TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Blue Ash
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Concord, North Carolina
“Spacious, well designed suites but aging”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We rented a 2-bedroom suite which was a wonderful choice given the configuration of our group (1 adult, 1 teen, 1 teen's friend). The friend stayed on the sofa bed in the living room, my son had the bedroom, and I had the master bedroom. There is one bedroom, kitchen, living area shared by all. The hotel has a very small outdoor pool, a small exercise room, a small shop, and a breakfast area. The breakfast was okay but there wasn't much if any hot food. The rooms were the selling point as it is difficult to find a two-bedroom suite which, in some cases, really makes the difference and can save money versus renting two rooms. The unit was aging, however, with visible signs of wear and tear on the doors, cabinets, etc. **The bureaus were not clean and had visible dirt/hairt in them. It was apparent they hadn't been wiped down. Everything else appeared reasonably clean. If you stay one week/discount as we did, then you don't receive daily maid service...but they will give you fresh towels upon request. We found it comfortable for the excellent rate that we received...and it is convenient to many attractions.

Room Tip: I would pick a room on the third floor as if you are on a lower floor you can hear people above you...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Our Two Bedroom Suites are very popular.
TownePlace Suites Brand Standard for complimentary breakfast is a modified Cold Continental Breakfast. This property has opted for the optional hot choices and provide both Instant Oatmeal and two flavors of fresh hot Waffles along with Juice, Coffee, Tea, Granola Bars, Muffins, Fresh Fruit, 6 flavors of cereal, Hard Boiled Eggs, 3 kinds of Bagels, English Muffins, and Two types of Yogurt and Milk.
I am sorry that it did not meet your expectations.
Cleaning service in Extended Stay properties are based on your length of stay. We treat your Suite as your home and schedule cleaning accordingly. Under 5 nights you get refreshes daily, basically towels replaced, trash removed, bed made but not changed, dishes started in your dishwasher, and amenities replaced by request. Longer stays get 1 full clean a week, and several refreshes. The staff is always available to assist or replenish needed supplies at any time during your stay at our brand. We also are happy to schedule your service or extra services if needed.
I apologize for the neglect on the attention to your dresser. It has been addressed with the housekeeping staff in a meeting. I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and hope that you will try us again in the future.
We appreciate your business,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had a 2 bedroom with one bath for one night. The door jam into the building, across from the office, was sloppily painted with no masking having been done. The room itself had two screws stripped out of the bathroom door, lowest hinge. The door would not shut until I pulled the loose screws free of the hinge. The 3rd screw was entirely missing. The toilet paper holder was ripped loose from the wall on one end, I'm guessing caused by someone pushing down on the paper holder to get up. The microwave door had to be "coaxed" open as it would not open when pressing the door open button. These are all simple things to be corrected, but shows evidence of inattentive housekeeping and management.

The breakfast...thankfully McDonalds is next door. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of two Mexican restaurants, a Japanese restaurant and a Ruby Tuesday. So that is good. The property is quietly located.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hello. Please know that our guest’s satisfaction is our number one priority and I am very sorry to hear that we didn't live up to your expectations during your recent stay.

We truly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the opportunity to improve for the future. I will discuss your concerns about your door & microwave with the hotel with our staff, as this is not the typical stay we like our guests to experience. Again, thanks so much for your feedback!

If your travels bring you through Blue Ash, in the future we hope you will give us another chance.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Wow!

TPS you really let me down. As an associate for this Brand, admittedly I had high expectations, even then there are certain Marriott standards that I don't think my experience was reflective of. 95 rooms at this property and only 1 pack-n-play.....seriously?

Thinking back we should have passed on the pack-n-play after experiencing this properties approach to housekeeping.

We had 2 two bedroom suites and both had issues, one was just bad and the other, well they should not feel bad about offering us a full refund.

The attached pictures tell a good bit of the story. I should also point out that I paid market rate for these rooms so I feel entitled to my harsh review of this property.

Marriott should strongly consider a surprise audit. It makes me furious that there are customers out there, that may have the impression from a stay at this TownePlace Suites, this is what can be expected of the TPS Brand and that is just false. The TownePlace Brand is a fresh, wonderful and relatively new and addition to the Marriott lineup and offers you great value for the money. This property however should be avoided if at all possible.

We have reached out to management and as of this posting no response.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail. I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service that our guests expect. The experience you share in this review be communicated to the staff & our management team immediately. Again, thank you so much for sharing your feedback about our hotel and I am sorry we fell short of your expectations during your visit.
Middleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 July 2014

A key area for improvement is the business centre, which consists of one desktop computer and a printer. While the printer is reliable for printing out emails or web pages, the computers absolute lack of Microsoft Office software is disappointing and inconvenient. Because Microsoft Word, for example, is not available, one cannot download, view, and edit a Word attachment, never mind creating one from scratch.

The availability of a desktop with such software is absolutely essential for guests, especially those who are staying for extended periods of time. A guest who is relocating to the area, for example, may need to print out a revision to a purchase contract, print out a resume for an interview, write an explanation for their mortgage application, to name just a few situations.

Some of the exterior areas of the hotel are showing signs of wear and neglect. For example, one of the shutters in the back of the hotel is out of place, and some of the stripping in the stairwells need to be replaced. Though not directly impacting the comfort of one's stay, it is a reflection of a somewhat lack of diligence toward ongoing maintenance and repair of issues, no matter how small.

It is unfortunate that the two bedroom units do not also have two bathrooms, as do such units at the Residence Inn. This should be taken into account should such a large unit be desired.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main building, especially in the winter, so that you need not go outside to get...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
We am very sorry that we fell short of your expatiations during your visit. We can assure you that your comments have been reviewed by our management and will be discussed with the staff immediately.

We can understand the importance of having access to office products on the computer, I find out about having those programs installed. Although, the business center you encountered in Blue Ash is slightly different then what you may be used to it will be the same at each TownePlace Suites you visit around the country. TownePlace Suites as a brand were designed to be slightly different in several aspects than Residence Inn.

We are always looking for ways to improve our property and comments like yours help us identify areas that need improvements. Again, thank you for taking your time to share feedback with us.
North Olmsted, Ohio
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel staff was pleasant. Room was small, shower curtain was dirty. They did change it when asked. Room was by pool very noisy people having get together under window. Made several calls too office did not help. Beds were not comfortable. Mattress cover was very thin and did not fit. Mattress felt hard without cushion. Will not stay there again.

Stayed June 2014
Hello, thanks for taking your time to share you opinion with us. Please know that our guest’s satisfaction is our number one priority and I am very sorry to hear that we didn’t live up to your expectations during your recent stay.

We truly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the opportunity to improve for the future. I will discuss your concerns about your room & noise levels with the hotel with our staff, as this is not the typical stay we like our guests to experience.

We truly appreciate your business and I would appreciate it if you could give us another opportunity the next time your travels bring you through Blue Ash. Thank you again for sharing your comments
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Each visit I walk away thinking how awesome the team is at the TownePlace Suites in Blue Ash. I stay at this location every time I am in town. I also recommend it to everyone that works for my company. Jennifer and the team always make me feel very comfortable and welcomed. When so far away from home, walking in and having the team greet me personally is a great feeling. The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Area is safe and lots of choices to eat close by. Mexican Restaurant walking distance is fabulous. I travel a lot and stay at a lot of different places and this is one of my favorites. Try it you will like it :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thanks so much for your review! It's our pleasure to host you and your team each time they are in Blue Ash. I will pass along your kind words to our staff and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We used points to stay here. Staff was very helpful and courteous. Standard breakfast. More gluten free options would have been great. Room was nice, tub could have used some deep cleaning in caulk lines. Bed was comfy and the layout was excellent with tall ceilings. Would be great for a longer stay, too. Kitchen had an oven! Overall would recommend. Pets allowed up to 40 lbs. No help for us with a gentle giant saint bernard :-)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are so glad that you enjoyed your most recent stay! I will surely pass your feedback about breakfast along to our staff, the next time your travels bring you through Blue Ash we look forward to seeing you again!!