“Very Clean hotel good choice in the Queen City Metro”

Residence Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Sylvania, Ohio
“Very Clean hotel good choice in the Queen City Metro”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We decided to stay very last minute after a long day of touring small towns in Western Ohio. Upon our arrival we found the check in process to be very easy even while listening to another guest complain about every little thing before they had even checked in. Never stops to amaze me how some people are so quick to complain or ask for things before seeing or experiences anything. We found the room to be extremely clean almost as if it had never been used before. Found the kitchen to be fully stocked so much so I felt bad we were only staying the one night. Very quiet did not see or hear another person the entire time going back and forth to our room. In the morning we went to the gate house to find it very crowded but orderly even with many small children in the area. Breakfast selections were good alitte more seating would have been nice but it worked for a busy summer Sunday morning. Certainly would stay here again if in the area not the closest to downtown but not too far away either. Ended up going to the Art Museum and several Bridal shops which made for a nice end to our impromptu weekend.

Room Tip: Request a room on the end of the one of the buildings for optimal quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AAA_David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Streetsboro, Ohio
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I'm a really critical person, so when I travel, I tend to look for the worst in things. But for the most part, I loved staying here.

The check-in was easy, the employees were nice. They offer complimentary coffee in the lobby all day, which was great. The pool/hot tub area is beautiful, large, and quiet. It's next to a patio area with a huge grill you can use and cushioned lawn furniture.

The room was great! Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room area, and a full kitchen stocked with dishes. They even have a grocery service that will do your shopping for you. It's very welcoming and clean. Our unit had three flat-screen TVs with cable, HBO, tons of music channels and local channels. You also get free parking, free internet, and free breakfast every morning (free dinner on Mondays/Tuesdays/Wednesdays as well). Our room was $200/night, so I think it's an awesome value.

There were some problems.. while we were eating dinner, we noticed a pretty large black spider crawling up one of the drapes. Gross! But we killed it and went about our evening. We were on the ground floor (that might add to the spider issue), and discovered that we could hear every single thing that the people upstairs were saying, along with every step they took. That was obnoxious. The beds were comfortable enough but the pillows were almost too soft- your head would sink completely through the pillow in about ten minutes.

Overall, I still liked it. The night passed and I took a shower the next morning. As I'm drying my hair at the sink, I look down and see another HUGE black spider crawling up the wall right next to me! I decide to be brave and grabbed a towel on the floor to kill it- and another one crawled out from under the towel! It put a damper on my stay. To say the least.

When we told the employee about our spider situation when we checked out, she was very apologetic and took $10 per spider off of our bill. She also assured us that the room would be sprayed that same day.

I would stay here again because I liked a LOT of things about it- but I would stay on the second floor.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Sukola, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
We really appreciate you taking the time to fill out this review and I sincerely apologize for the issues you had with spiders. Although we pride ourselves on maintaining a good, pro-active pest elimination program, occasional some of those critters defy the odds and make it through to the room. I'm so sorry it affected your stay but I'm happy to hear that overall you were pleased with the accomodations and staff service. Hopefully we will see you back soon.

Thanks again!
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We were only visiting for 1 night, but had a lovely stay. Room was large, clean and quiet. The dinner offered was delicious and the two people working during the dinner were incredibly kind and helpful. We will visit again next time we are in the area!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Erin H
Michigan
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed one night enroute to Kentucky and found everything to be very clean and pleasing. The rooms were large and kitchen was stocked with all utensils you'd need. We only wish we were staying longer to enjoy the property and wish that the folks in the next unit had a little more courtesy as they were loud with door slamming all night. Got good deal with AAA rate and easy freeway access.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Nice and comfortable for extended stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. Nice pool area. The room is comfortable, quiet, and the kitchen makes you competely self sufficient if you do not want to eat out. The management organizes cookouts on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays - pretty good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Bluffton, Indiana
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Only stayed 2 nights but would definitely try Residence Inn again. Walked in to a very clean, comfortable room. We were on the second floor on parking lot side so it was quiet, only bad part was walking up the stairs. Not so bad for us but our friends have trouble with the steps. Didn't realize the room included kitchen appliances, even had a dishwasher (not me). Sat on the patio in the evening with our friends and enjoyed wine and snacks even a fire in the firepit. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was nicer than most hotels but the dining room wasn't very big. I had to walk around several table to get to the coffee because the chairs were so close together.

Room Tip: Might be noisy on pool side.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
bangalore
Reviewed 15 May 2013

As a business traveler to Cincinnati, I booked this hotel as it was close to my work space. Nice, spacious, comfortable and homely. The breakfast served is really good, including the waffle and potato cakes. Rooms are nice. Only two things that may trouble some (not me of course), is you have to haul heavy suitcases on wooden stairs, and getting to the dining area would be a challenge in winter. Apart from that, it is really great to stay in a place so much comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Sukola, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Take care