“Worst Place I've Ever Stayed”

Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Reed Hartman
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Blue Ash
Reviewed 7 August 2008

Where do I start? Due to a family crisis, my husband and I checked into this property. We stayed here because every other hotel in the area was booked up due to a tennis tournament.
Our stay lasted 8 nights. We have stayed in hundreds of hotels all over the U.S. and the world. With doubt, this place is the worst place we've ever stayed. The front desk staff was rude and very unhelpful. They acted as if they were doing us a favor by waiting on us. The room was filthy. The phone never worked, the wireless connection never worked. This hotel does not offer daily housekeeping in the cost of the room stay. It can be purchased for $4.99. When we asked the front desk for room service, they reported that we would not be able to get it everyday, although we told them we were willing to pay it everyday. After our fourth night, we asked for a room cleanup, but were told the maid service "didn't put it on their calendar". We basically had to resort to bringing our own wet towels to the front desk to exchange them for a couple of clean ones. Although we were told breakfast would be offered every morning, basically a carafe of coffee was available and nothing more.
The management of Homestead Suites should be ashamed of this property. If they cannot run a hotel in a better fashion, they should close it down. If you are looking for a place to stay in Blue Ash, Ohio, look elsewhere, if you want a clean hotel with a professional and helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
HomesteadSuites, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Reed Hartman, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2009

Thank you for staying at Homestead, and I would like to apologize about your stay with us. When Homestead went under new management in 2008, Trip Advisor was the first sight I reviewed for comments from our guest. Reading comments has given me an understanding in what areas need improvement. We have made improvements to the front desk, housekeeping, and maintenance departments. I can assure you that the problems that you have experienced have been corrected and staff has been re-trained so that the guest are their top priority! I hope that you will return to Homestead Studio Suites again in the future and give us another try!

Reviewed 22 October 2007

Ok, the outside of the hotel is not bad looking so I was optimistic upon check in...I was staying an extended amount of time and it was booked due to family emergency. It was myself and my 4 year old....The first room I was given was extremely dirty, the floors sticky in spots, the shower was stained...(in fact I could not even bear to give my 4 year old a bath in it)....the walls had stains on them and the kitchen area had dirt and stains on the fridge and I rewashed any dish or utensil I might have used...the next morning, I requested another room...I was given another room, and at first glance it appeared in better shape, however I was rushing about trying to get out of the hotel to go to the hospital, so I accepted the other room. Well upon returning to the hotel later that night, there was a flyer on the door stating the water was going to be turned off for 3 or 4 hours the next day...no mention of when..when i called the front desk, the guy says I think 5pm the next night....it just didn't sound right, so I waited till the next morning and called at 8am and she told me it was going down at 9am....good thing I had called and was ready to get showered...Oh and I forgot to mention there were burn holes on the sheets, kinda weird since this is a non-smoking room, and what kind of maid would put those kind of sheets on the bed...thank goodness I had our own blanket! Eventually I could not stand this place and found a relative that would let us stay the additional nights....

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Since your stay in 2007, Homestead Studio Suites has changed management. We have been working hard to turn the hotel back to a great hotel with clean rooms, helpful and courteous staff, and upgraded amenities. I hope that you will give Homestead Studio Suites another chance in the future!

Reviewed 24 May 2007

Hotel was filthy. Internet access only works with wireless and some businesses do not use wireless. Closets & light fixtures broken. Super low water pressure and only warm water. Spill in my cupboards of drinks, coffee & food from other guests. Walls super thin & can hear everything, Matresses worn and springs sticking in your back. Appliances dirty. Cheap should not mean staying in poor accomodations. it was still $70 per night plus the extra 4.95 for internet access. Not recommended at all. stay anywhere else but here if you can. Managers do not speak with customers with complains and staff are all very young kids. The front desk was nice, but they are young and not really who I needed to talk to to fix the problems. Not professional set up. Yuck. Skip it trust me, there are plenty of better places around the corner & across the street to stay at for less than $10.00 more a night.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bbcathexis
Reviewed 29 March 2006

Thought the Homestead Blue Ash was very nice. Room was clean, decent size, and best of all cheap. Bathroom was clean, nice shower pressure, etc. The location is convinient for those on the way to Paramount King's Island. There are a couple of restaurants around, including an Applebee's. There is also a Wal-Mart and some other stuff about 10 minutes down the road. The only complaint is the giant cockroach we saw wandering around. Wasn't enough to damper our stay, and in fact we'll be staying here again in June, 2006.

• Stayed: May 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 May 2005

Great area but front desk staff not very friendly and informed me that internet services were going to be an additional 3.99. Many other competitors offer it free. Too many other hotels out there for the money. Disappointed.....

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Avon, IN
Reviewed 12 July 2004

Stayed at this hotel on Saturday, July 10, 2004 for 1 night. Reserved through Priceline for $40 bid - totaled approx. $50 with fees/taxes. Supposed to get studio suite (with 1 queen bed) but ended up with upgrade to deluxe studio suite (#317 across from elevator) with 1 queen bed and sofa bed. Comfortable bed and kitchen had dishwasher, microwave, 2 burner stovetop, full size fridge w/icemaker, sink and dishes/cutlery. The hotel supplies coffee, and dishwasher detergent. Did not notice any noise from elevator or hallway. Quiet location.

Overall, nice hotel for overnight or extended stay. Staff was courteous, room was clean and location of hotel in business park was very nice. Attractive lobby and breakfast area. Easy access to 71 and 275. Hotel offers free breakfast (continental?) Monday-Friday, so we didn't partake since we were there on the weekend. They also have pantry/market where guests can buy frozen food, groceries, etc. Didn't check it out, but nice to know it's there. They also have an outdoor pool - didn't use, but glanced at it when pulling in parking lot - looked nice enough. Parking lot was well-lit and lots of spots available.

Only a few minutes from Kings Island!

Only issues: 1) No pillows on bed when we walked in and only 3 sets of towels (needed 1 more since we had 2 adults, 2 kids). I looked in dresser and found 1 pillow. Went to front desk when we returned in evening and requested 3 additional pillows and extra towel. Staff member very friendly and gave me towel and promised to bring up pillows shortly. As promised, she arrived with 3 brand new pillows. Noticed that towels were somewhat thin, but not horrible. 2) The air conditioner unit: We noticed it wasn't cooling right when we returned in evening, so I adjusted controls and it stopped working. Messed with controls and it started working - room was perfectly cool. 3) No Kleenex in room. Not horrible, but usually hotels have some in room.

Not bad for around $50 - lowest rate I found online was $74.99 plus tax for same room type, so I was happy.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member