“Poor management/ substandard”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Poor management/ substandard”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Here for two weeks and not looking forward to two more weeks. Hallways are filthy and asked management to vacuum, and three days later same filth is still there. Supplied eating and cooking utensils that were gunked up with stains and who knows what else, got barely an apology. Paid the price of a more upscale Town Place Suites and the guality is truely substandard. Would leave if we could find another hotel without getting killed on price.

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Reed Hartman, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Joe - We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the overall lack of cleanliness you have experienced. We will be working with our housekeeping staff to ensure our common areas are cleaned properly and that all of our kitchenware is meeting our standards.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at BLA@extendedstay.com. We hope that the remainder of your stay is more pleasant and that you will give us a chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hibbing, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Was just okay nothing too special. Was in town for hockey and this was close to arena. Room was clean however the halls and stairs were very dirty. The stair carpet was filthy need replaced not just cleaned. The staff was not very friendly or helpful. We had 3 in our room and the would not let us have more than 3 towels. Everyone knows ladies use 2 got to have one for the hair but no they could not give us one more towel. Breakfast well its really not. They had a couple prepackaged muffins and coffee they call it grab and go. Overall not the best. Not much in the area but lots a mile or so down the road.

Room Tip: wifi not that great
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide every guest with a "home away from home" experience, so we are very disappointed to hear that the common areas were not clean. We are reviewing your feedback with our housekeeping staff to make sure we are properly cleaning our hallways. We also apologize for the poor service you received. We will be retraining our front desk staff to ensure we are always providing quality service.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at BLA@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Tennessee
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Do not let them put you in room 125! This was a Priceline deal, but I still was a paying customer and believed I deserved a clean room but still this room was just flat out dirty! Unfortunately had paid upfront and didn't have $ in budget to eat the cost of another hotel which is why I am so furious that they allow people to stay here and will save all the long drawn out details on this review and just say that I will be sending a letter as well as my pictures to their corporate office!
Once I saw the room and how dingy and dirty it was I did go back to the front desk and ask to be moved. To which Ashley informed me after looking at several screens on her computer that they were all full. She then gave me this lame-duck excuse for being an extended stay that their rooms needed updated but it was hard to get into the rooms to update when people stayed for long periods of time. She did offer to have housekeeping come back through my room and clean again, to which I replied the house keeper obviously thought this was clean the first time I'm not going to make her come back a second time. It wasn't until I returned to my room that I started noticing what I did and started taking pictures.I then became infuriated that this was not a remodeling issue it was flat out not taking care of the room just pure neglect. Absolutely disgusting. I went over everything with the Bleach wipe not trusting any of the housekeeping cleaning, even the sofa ! Representing a brand I think their corporate office needs to know about it! I would never stay in this hotel even if they offered me a free stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Reed Hartman, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory. All the issues you described are unacceptable and I am truly sorry for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, I am retraining our housekeeping staff on the correct cleaning procedures. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I hope that you will contact me directly, at BLA@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
South Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Recently my girlfriend and I took her son to King's Island. We made reservations for two rooms through priceline (which priceline promptly screwed up) Upon arrival we learned that the reservation had the two rooms on different floors, while my girlfriend believed she had gotten two suites and that they would be next to each other if not adjoining. Priceline had in fact gotten us a suite and a regular room. Upon explaining our situation and desire for the two suites the clerk promptly found us two suites next to each other. The staff was quite friendly and fixed the error on priceline's behalf quickly and with a smile. The rooms were very nice with everything you could expect at this price point. It was clean, there was silverware in the drawers, dish detergent left, soap and towels in the bathroom, and coffee ready to make beside the coffee-maker. The layout of the hotel was sane and easy to navigate and the building was clean and well maintained throughout. The only flaw, and it is a small one, was that a light bulb was burned out on one of the bedside tables. I forgot to alert anyone to this, but I do believe it would have been taken care of with haste.

Room Tip: Pool is outdoor so its not open in the colder months. Grab And Go Breakfast is muffins, cereal bars...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Reed Hartman, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Brian - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for the issues you experienced upon checking in; however, I'm glad to hear that our staff was able to resolve the problem right away. As well, it's great to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and your room to be clean. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We needed a place to live after we sold our home and our new house was finished. The hotel was generally well kept, the breakfast area was clean and the free coffee was excellent. Always fresh fruit in the morning. The hotel seems to try to keep the place nice. The front desk staff is excellent. We had a local paper delivered to the hotel and the night staff would take the paper to my room and attach to the door handle. Rooms are dated but the price for an extended stay is right. Lots of food options close to the hotel.

Room Tip: The room walls are solid and quite but the floor in the room above are thin. I still recommend the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Reed Hartman, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Alan - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our clean hotel and our complimentary coffee. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with our great staff and our location. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 14 April 2014

we walked into the hotel and the first thing we saw was trash on the lobby floor, went a little further and the carpet in the hallways were dirty. so we still checked in because we thought maybe the room will be fine since we did pay 100 dollars for it. we walked in and it was just dirty! the tub, the carpet, and the bathroom floor. so we went back down and asked ben for another room and also asked why the room looked nothing like the pictures! so he gives us another room and this one was cleaner but when i was brushing my teeth i notice the water was going down the drain really slow so i take the stopper out and it was nasty! hair and yawky stuff was on the stopper and down the drain. so i take the stoper down to the desk and a young lady said she would take care of it but we never heard from her. i was very disappointed!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Reed Hartman, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the level of customer service and cleanliness in your room during your stay. I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Also, I will meet with the entire staff to review our guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly at, bla@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Friendly staff nice rooms very clean and quiet throughout the whole building only complaint the whole esd brand should give in and have a better breakfast like a waffle machine or real donuts and eggs. Overall very satified would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Reed Hartman, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Again, thanks for the feedback. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!