Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Kenwood Road
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Cincinnati, Ohio
“I always say here!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

You guys are amazing. I never have an issue and in fact, when I was having issues and couldn't check in on the day of my arrival, you were able to assist me and make sure my stay was amazing. Close the the gym and the grocery store and the freeways. I get to where I need to be in no more than 20 minutes. I'll never stay anywhere else when I'm in town!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just back from a weekend stay in Cincinnati April 2014. Picked up 2 rooms at the Extended Stay Kenwood in Blue Ash, for a great rate on priceline… The extended stay is geared toward business class clients & people who are good with self-service & limited amenities. The hotel is newer, it’s centrally located in industrial area & has a gas station next to it. Minutes to Kenwood mall area, deer park & close to Cincinnati or Kings Island. Check in & check out are fast, front desk was helpful, accommodating & friendly. Non-Smoking & Smoking rooms are available. The Rooms are compact(single full bed), clean, adequate, with small kitchenette, shower, free wifi & flat screen TV. The breakfast is adequate, grab & go, located in lobby area with, coffee, tea, fruit, oatmeal, muffins & breakfast bars. This is a great hotel for adults traveling without children or business traveler who need a short stay and easy access to the surrounding area listed above. Over the years, we have stayed at several other hotels at King Island exit & Kenwood, & this hotel is newer & cleaner then most. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Non-Smoking & Smoking rooms available upon availability & request
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed at this property for 10 days in between moving. Economical and easily accessible to good restaurants and free ways. Nice small kitchen is an big help for morning coffee and breakfast. the weekly rate deal is an good option if planning an trip longer than week.

Room Tip: Good restaurants within less than 5 mins walk
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Kenwood Road, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your room, especially the kitchen, and our grab-and-go breakfast. As well, it is great to know that you liked our hotel's location. We hope your move went smoothly!

Huntington, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were in the area to go to King's Island. We booked this hotel through Priceline. We should have paid the extra $5 to cancel, but we didn't think it would be that bad. Just a tip, always pay the extra five!

Anyway, short and sweet- this hotel is not cleaned well. They are not totally trashy and vile, just not up to standard. Example: our bathroom still had body hair lingering around the shower and commode. I just can't deal with that when you're paying for a clean place to sleep. Also our refrigerator had not even been looked at when cleaning. There was a huge amount of food left in there by the previous guest. I let the staff know and they put me in a new room.

The second room smelled awful, like a mixture of smoke, urine, and mildew. We turned the ac on and left hoping it will stop stinking when we are back.

Aside from these, the hotel isn't that great. The rooms are tiny and the hallway smells like burnt popcorn. Please do yourself a favor and skip over this hotel!

I took pics, I just gotta figure out how to post them on here! Stay tuned!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I booked my room through a third party website which said that I was getting a queen size bed. I called the front desk to confirm my reservation the next day and I was told that my current reservation was a smoking room with a full size bed. (Why is the default a smoking room) I told them that my reservation was for a queen bed and a non-smoking room and the front desk attendant told me that they could change my room to non-smoking but that a queen size bed was going to be an additional $10 per night. I again told them that the third party website stated that the hotel "provided a queen size bed that accommodates 2 adults" and the front desk attendant said that he couldn't change my room without an upgrade charge but I could try talking to the manager the next day during normal work hours. I called the next day and the manager was less courteous than the first person I talked to. He said that "yes, we do provide the queen size bed at an upgrade charge." Obviously both of them knew of the difference, because they both mentioned the fact the third party website stated a queen bed being provided and they both had a pre determined answer to tell their guests. I even talked to a third front desk attendant when I checked in who gave me the same spill about having to pay for the queen bed. I would have left but I couldn't get my money back since I booked through a third party site. When we got our room my wife found multiple body hairs on the floor in the bathroom and then we found that the mini fridge had 3 leftover food boxes in it. We did get the front desk to give us a new room but without us even mentioning anything, she said we can switch you to another room with a full size bed but not a queen without you paying an upgrade. Obviously they are very stingy about their queen size beds... When we got our new room, It had a slight smoke/mildew smell and then we found more body hair in the same corner of the bathroom. Atleast, the cleaning staff is consistent... At this point we didn't want to seem like "those people" and so we just kept the room and will try to enjoy our vacation.
Overall, they are just going to do everything they can to get more money instead of trying to satisfy their customers. Poor business plan, since at that rate, they won't have as many customers... I definitely won't be staying at this Extended Stay America ever again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Made reservations for my family and when we got there room was not ready they had no restrooms in the lobby which is more of a hallway when we finally got to our room it stunk bad like nasty food figured it would air out we left for the zoo when we got back still stunk went to give the kids a bath there was just a shower that was so dirty it was disgusting looks like it hasnt ever been cleaned. Also no ice machines in hotel. When leaving the guy said didnt you book for two nights I said yes he then asked if it was a cleanliness problem without me even saying something so that shows me its a common thing we went to a different hotel for our stay down the street.

• Stayed July 2013
Kent,Ohio USA
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The price was high for what was there. The place may have been clean but it was worn out from heavy usage; especially the shower. All I needed was a quiet place to sleep and the bed was comfortable. It is too bad that the bed wasn't a queen size . I arrived one night around midnight and there were all kinds of people looming around in the parking lot. There was no one at the desk after 11 and I wondered how safe the situation really was. I didn't mind the curry scented halls or the no frills but the quote that I heard the receptionist talking about to another customer was at least $30 cheaper than what I had to pay per night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Blue Ash - Kenwood Road, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. The situation you described regarding the bed being too small and that we were not able to upgrade you to a room with a bigger bed is truly regrettable. As well, I am sorry that our staff was not at the front desk to attend to your needs. Please know, staff is available from 7am - 11pm at the desk. From 11pm - 7am, there is a staff member on duty handling different responsibilities, but can always be reached by the phone in the lobby. Lastly, I am sorry for the discrepancy in billing between you and another guest. Our room rates are the same online; however, savings can be found through our promotions which are emailed on a weekly basis. In order to sign up, please go to our website and enter your email into the Suite Savings box.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly, at CBL@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.