“COMFORTABLE AND CLEAN BUT.....”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Blue Ash
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is a smaller Hampton Inn but over all comfortable, clean, and great breakfasts. The staff was very nice and helpful too. The rooms could use some updating and we never did figure out what the thermostat on the wall was connected to. The air conditioner/heater was controlled in the unit itself. This is not a fancy hotel but overall a good for the price.

Room Tip: The entrance to the hotel is through the parking lot of another hotel. It's tricky but makes fo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotels approximately 20 evening this year. The last 3 times, my room had what the hotel staff referred to as stink bugs coming into the room from the air conditioner. I killed 6 of them, then saw more about an hour later. I went down to the lobby asking to be moved to another room. The clerks attitude was like.....what is the big deal....
Finally, he asked his manager if this was ok! Not one apology was extended. I have been an hilton honors member for years, however, I will be switching to another hotel chain.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Akbar A, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2014

Thank you so much for your recent review and to your loyalty to our brand. I am so sorry that you found some stink bugs during your stay with us. I can assure you that our main concern is for the health and safety of all our guests and I can assure you that we are currently working with our pest control provider to eliminate this issue. We are doing everything we can to make sure we take the necessary precautions so that none of our guests have to deal with this inconvenient issue. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Pros: As with most all Hampton Inns, comfortable beds, clean, and decent WIFI. Restaurants were nearby in a pretty quiet area. Hooray - there was a Power outlet on the bedside table – finally a solution to my greatest travel pet peeve!! (see photo). I'm giving them the benefit of a 4 instead of a 3 on this alone.
Cons: Worst TV system I’ve ever tried to use in a hotel. It had a screwy quirk that had some channels with a dash in them like 18-2 …and when you tried to tune using the remote if you punched in 2 it would count as two 2s… with a dash after it. So trying to tune to channel 200 was impossible because you hit 2 and a 0 you would given 22-0 which didn’t exist. Desk clerk was just as confused as I was. Fridge was so load and clunking that I unplugged it. TV and desk were separated by the fridge/microwave stand so impossible to see the TV while working at the desk.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I arrived at Hampton Inn Blue Ash Oh. Sat. 9/28. Greg, the front desk agent was very professional and helpful. Upon checking into the room, there were stink bugs in the room, which I could understand that these pests are out of the control of the Hotel. I took a shower and was standing in ankle deep water, because the tub was not draining. I also noticed someone had written a message on the mirror which appeared when the steam coated the mirror. Breakfast items were not replenished. I was trying to toast a bagel and the toaster kept popping the bagel up. I asked the attendant if something was wrong with the toaster and she just said she never used it. I went to the front desk and explained my concerns. Julie the front desk agent apologized. I started to walk away, and the asked for the 100% guarantee. She said because I was at the employee rate and paid cash, she could not do anything, I would have to call the Manager the next. day. This is not how the Hampton 100% guarantee works.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Raj S, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel. We very much appreciate your business.

Please accept my apologies for the concerns that you have raised in your review. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I assure you that it’s contrary to what our customers typically see from us. However, I can very much empathize with your situation and assure you that we will take your comments into consideration to improve our property.

I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that we value your business and will work hard to earn your trust once again.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed here for a business trip. My room (at the end of the hall on the second floor) was not great. I walked in and was hit in the face with a damp, moldy smell. It was not pleasant. The air conditioning unit looked like it had something growing on the vent. I found a dead spider in the bathroom. It was very small, granted, but when I'm in a hotel the last thing I want to be reminded of is bugs. The countertop in the bathroom was cracked and looked old. The tub had chips around the drain. The ceiling looked like it had dust or mold on it, it was hard to tell.

The design of the room was irritating. I like to sit at the desk with my laptop and have the TV on in the background, casually working and watching. In this room, the cabinet that holds the fridge and microwave sits in between the desk and the TV, so there is no way to see the TV around it without leaning far back. I ended up setting myself up in bed with the lap table instead.

On the good side, the wifi was free and worked very well. I slept really well in the bed, too, and the hotel was very quiet. The staff was friendly and checked us in quickly.

I did not raise any of these issues with management, so I can't say how they would have reacted and perhaps that's my fault, I could have asked for a new room. So I will admit that I did not speak up about these issues since I was only going to be there for one night and I hate to make a fuss over things. (I feel like I shouldn't have to.)

I normally love Hamptons but this one sadly left a lot to be desired. Maybe I just had a bad room. I will probably switch back to Hannaford for my next trip to the Cincinnati/Kenwood area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Raj S, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. Our guests comments, both positive and negative assist us in evaluating the service we provide and allow us to continually improve our performance. We are quite concerned whenever our guests are less than 100 percent satisfied with their stay and always try to make it right when a problem arises. Clearly your stay was not up to the standards we have set for ourselves, nor what our guests have come to expect.

I am disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations for your stay with us. In your review, you bring up some great points that we are currently looking into. In regards to your comments about the some of the maintenance issues you experienced in your room including the A/C unit---we're currently fixing these issue. In fact, our maintenance crew is working on addressing the concerns you brought up in your review.

Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This hotel was a little hard to find, but nice location and very quiet. Hotel was nice and the guy at the desk was very nice and cheerful! Bed was a little on the hard side, but some may like it like that. Complimentary breakfast wasn't bad either. Free park yourself parking and safe.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our first room smelled wet and musty, (room 227). We felt wet/damp just lying on the bed watching TV. When I called the front desk about the issue, they were completely understanding and instantly switched our room - and were just great about it! However, our next room was only less musty but still felt damp. They are in serious need of dehumidifiers!

Although the room was adequate, some grout was starting to chip away on the bathroom flooring and the shower was stained from rust or hard water.

Breakfast was good but for the price, there are better choices. That part of Cincinnati has an abundance of good hotels. A few weeks we had been thrilled with our stay at Hannaford Suites - Cincinnati near Kenwood. 1-800-997-5149 ! Unfortunately it was already completely booked this weekend.

Room Tip: Don't accept one that smells damp and musty!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Raj S, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for the feedback on your stay