“Excellent customer service”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Blue Ash
Reviewed 19 April 2013

What made me rate this Holiday Inn Express was the customer services. They were very accomodating to our needs. They made sure we had everything we needed to accomodate a broken foot and still make a king sized bed available to us. The complimentary Wi-Fi is really great and the room was also clean and neat. The breakfast was your typical Holiday Inn Express meal. The cinnamon rolls are awesome but the rest of the selections are just okay. It does give you enough to give you energy to start your day. We would not hesitate to stay at this Holiday Inn Express again when we are in Cincinnati.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Daniel P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Beachtravel56,

First off I want to thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Blue Ash. I myself and we the entire staff really is pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We truly do try and make a good impression on each and every customer and we are glad that you noticed.

Also I want to thank you for your wonderful response, it really made our day. We hope if you are ever in the area again that you do decide to stay with us. We did just resurface our pool and are now offering a different to go option for breakfast.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything. Once again thank you.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

The ventilation systems must be connected because we could smell cigarette smoke coming through the bathroom vent. Called the front desk who just said, "we will make a note." The room was average and showing its age. The room was not all that clean. The hotel is showing its age. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PAmomroadtripper
Daniel P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Pamomroadtripper,

First off I want to thank you for staying with us, we do appreciate each and every single customer that stays with us. That being said we take smoking in our non smoking hotel very serious and have serious charges for people who do this offence. As well we apologize that you experienced an issue and would me more than happy if we could make it up to you on a future stay. Please contact me directly and I would be happy to help you.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

I stay in a lot of Holiday Inn properties and this is one of the nicer properties that I have been to in some time. Not the nicest but it holds its own.
The property has been recently remodeled so the rooms have all of the newer "goodies" in them such as flat panels, USB charging stations, etc.
The property is located out in a commercial / industrial part of town so it is a little out of the way if you are looking for nightlife, etc.
There are a few dining options within walking distance such as Applebees and a BW3 app. half a mile away but you will need a car if you want to visit any of the must hit joints in the Blue Ash / Montgomery area such as the Montgomery Inn or Blue Ash Chili.
The staff was friendly, the room was clean, I enjoyed my stay and will not hesitate to book here again when in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Wildcat1987,

First of thank you for the wonderful recommendation you gave for our hotel. We do truly appreciate it. I al also glad you had a wonderful visit while you were here in Blue Ash, we do hope you come back and visit us. Once again thank you and please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to book another stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Our family stayed at the Holiday Inn Express because we were already in Blue Ash for another event. We selected this hotel because it had the indoor pool for the kids. The pool had too much chlorine/chemicals. The kids swam less than an hour and we were done.

The workout facility was small, but what you would expect. Very clean.

The breakfast was stocked and warm.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer C
Daniel P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Jennifer,

First I want to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Blue Ash Ohio. Also I want to apologize that we did not wow you with your stay. We try very hard to make things perfect at our hotel for each and every guest.

I also want to let you know that the Chlorine level in the Pool has been taken care of, and were sorry you couldn't enjoy it the way most of our guests do. As well we are a smaller hotel so our fitness room might not be the biggest. But we do proud ourselves in making sure that we keep our facility as clean as possible and going that extra mile for each and every guest. So come back give us another shot, enjoy the Hot Breakfast we offer in the morning as well as our wonderful staff.

Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel and I do hope you come back and give us another shot. Feel free to contact me directly at the hotel and I would be happy to assist you.

Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

Hotel room was very clean, had fridge and microwave. Kids liked the indoor pool- small but still drained some built up energy from the kids. Free breakfast but very disappointing- whatever food is put out at 6am is it til 9:30am. They do not refill they breakfast bar.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank bugsmommy03
Daniel P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Bugsmommy02

First off I want to thank you for staying at out hotel. We hope you come back if you are ever in the area. I am glad you liked the place, and at the same time we are going to do out best to make breakfast a better experience for everyone. We do offer a full hot breakfast, eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy. As well as danish, muffins, cereal for those who do not like the hot breakfast in the morning

We appreciate you taking notice in the cleanliness of our hotel we do take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and do daily projects to make things better for future guest and keep them clean and up kept.

Thanks so much for your comments we do take them serious and we hope you come back and see us.

Daniel P

Reviewed 1 October 2012

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The room was clean when we arrived. The next day we went out to spend the day shopping. We arrived back at the hotel after 8pm. We were very upset when we entered our room. The beds were unmade, trash was not emptied and the bathroom had not been cleaned ( a pile of wet towels remained on the floor). The person at the front desk offered concessions for this "oversight." However, we would have preferred to have had a clean room.

In addition, we requested a room for people w/disabilities. It is good thing that my disabilty allows for mobilty w/out the use of a wheelchair b/c if I was in a chair I would not have been able to bathe/shower. The bathroom had a tub which is impossibe to get in if you are in a wheelchair. The tub enclousure did not have any grab bars which made it unsafe for me. I doubt this is what the ADA means by accessible.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Randi N

First off I want to start off with thanking you for staying at our Hotel. We do appreciate your business and try our best to meet all standards for IHG branding and to satisfy all our guest no matter the issue. That also being said I specifically do remember you situation because I was the one that handled it.

Regarding the ADA standards we do meet all criteria with ADA and we are very proud of that. If something is not to your specific liking we will do whatever we can specifically to accommodate your needs. We also do have 2 specific types of handicap room, one with a roll in shower and one without. Please just make sure you specify next visit.

One thing i want to remind people is that unfortunately our housekeeping is only in the hotel from morning till afternoon so if you have a DND sign on your door and leave the room later in the afternoon most likely you will not get service because our housekeeper would be gone for the day. That being said Randi N we did give comp you a new room for your inconvenience and let you keep your old room so you and your sister could sleep in separate rooms.

Like I said no matter the issue we do try to take care of all issues I was happy to help you on this specific issue and I hope you do come back an give us another chance.

Thank you so much for staying with us and please give us another chance if you are in the area.

Daniel P

Reviewed 30 July 2012

The (female) front desk attendant had the worst attitude, when I asked a simple question about the Blue Ash city. I can’t take anymore-bad customer service and refuse to waste my money. So, I will not stay at any Holiday Inn Hotel in any city, I will pay extra for good service. Finally, the entire night I was not comfortable in the room and they over charged use for NO reason! Save your money!

Room Tip: Stay in a clean hotel!