All reviewspillow topfront deskindoor poolthe breakfast areanext morningnice place to staytwo nightsgreat customer servicewould stay againcomfortable bedsinterstatecincinnatifrigpluglaptop
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This hotel is very clean and in good repair. It is not ultra modern, which to me means the furniture is not too high or too low to sit in. The bed is very comfortable with a pillow top. I have to give a shout out to Vanessa the breakfast hostess. She is right there keeping the place clean, including the tables. She will help you by holding the flaps so you can get your hot food. She's very friendly and one morning she was singing softly. What a gem of an employee!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lifesabeach39
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I used points to reserve a room for two nights while in town for my 30th reunion from UD. I checked into this property after staying at another IHG property in the East-gate area. This property was definitely an upgrade from a room standpoint. My 3rd floor room was perfect. I must speak about the exceptional service from the front desk staff at check-in. I was running incredibly late for an appointment in Dayton and wanted to check in before 3pm. I arrived around 1 pm and the staff was in the middle of getting rooms assigned. Not only did they accommodate me checking in early, but upgraded me to a suite and told me to run to my appointment and they would handle getting my bags to my room, coming out to the parking lot to retrieve my bags. Horrible on my part to not have remembered to write down the names of the two ladies.
Although I was in and out a lot for the two days, all interactions with staff were very positive. I would definitely stay here again if n the area. There are dining options nearby, but a car is definitely needed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Located in Blue Ash on Creek Road (just W of I-71), the front desk is friendly, the room is clean, and the free breakfast is appreciated.

There is only one big flourescent light in the bathroom, over the bathroom sink. This makes it slightly dark in the shower area, especially when you draw the shower curtain to take a shower. I was surprised there was not another light in that area.

The hotel has installed inactivity sensors in the entry hallway and bathroom lights. So after a period of time, if the sensor doesn't detect any motion, the lights will turn themselves off. This is problematic if one likes to have at least some lighting when sleeping so that it is not pitch-dark. So a tip would be to bring your own night light to plug in; I had to bring the floor-standing lamp over to the bathroom.

One design flaw is the in-the-wall A/C unit. It blows its air DIRECTLY at the desk where you are sitting to either do work or use your laptop.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear oceanpalace,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help monitor how we meet our guests' comfort and satisfaction. I am pleased you were satisfied with the cleanliness of the room, the free breakfast, and our Front Desk service. Despite these, I apologize the lighting condition and air conditioning unit let down you stay. I have this information documented and it will be forwarded to the hotel management for evaluation, as work very hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Clean room and great customer service. Front desk made sure we knew to come to him with any problems, which we did not have any. Not right on the interstate but the value was worth the 5 minute drive. Highly recommend

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Clean, quiet, refrigerator, Nice breakfast selection with pancakes, biscuits sausage links and patties gravy yogurt keurig chocolate chip cookies at reception area indoor pool Mac mini computer and printer, Very friendly staff. Very comfortable beds. Plenty of places to plug in electronics. Automatic night lights

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business