“Not as good as usual”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Blue Ash
“Not as good as usual”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Hello, I recently stayed at your Blue Ash, OH property for 4 nights. On the second night, I was woken at 3 AM by a clanking in the wall. It went on all night and then I was unable to get back to sleep. I'm traveling back to Cincinnati this week and decided to try another hotel, but I hope it'll be fixed, because I like the quiet & service at the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

wingatecinci, Public Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati/Blue Ash, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our property. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Blue Ash
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Overall our stay was nice, we was upgrade to a King Suite- which is roomy. However we did have some cleaning issues. The sofa bed's sheets was dirty and the bath tub was not to clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback. I am disappointed to hear that our facilities did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team. We regularly make improvements to our service as a result of the valuable feedback we receive from our guests.
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We made reservations for a weekend trip several months back. The reservation was specifically made for three adults, single room, two beds required. We were late getting on the road, so we called around 6PM to ensure that they knew we were coming in late and would hold our reservation. We arrived at 8PM.

I walk in and the guy at the desk had trouble finding my reservation. Not too unusual as my last name and it's spelling isn't common. He knew at that point that it was in some way connected to a business as I’d given him my company name when he had trouble finding mine. I've stayed there a number of times when in the area for business as well. He finally finds it (under my name), and I ask if it has two beds. He says no, they’re out of those. I told him we have three people, so one bed isn’t going to cut it and the reservation was specifically made for three people, two beds. He pokes away at the computer for a few minutes and says he may have a room for us, but he has to go see if it’s been cleaned. He’s away for maybe 7-10 minutes or so, during which time I’m envisioning him trying to clean up a used room real quick to get us in. When he comes back down, he says it’s clean and we’re good to go. I emphatically asked him if it was actually clean and ready and that a quicky tidy-up wouldn’t be acceptable, giving him a chance to come clean (pardon the pun) on it. He says it’s all good. We go up and it looks like it was barely used, but one bed is fine and the sheets on the other one had obviously just been thrown in place and had not been replaced since the last person had used it. Sheets weren't tucked in, no crisp lines at the folds. I go marching back downstairs, said as much, told him I was pissed and that the room wasn’t acceptable. He seemed somewhat flustered and embarrassed, but didn’t admit to doing it of course. He ended up putting us in two suites and we had to split up. Different floors even. I’m still steamed about it. I don’t even mind the fact that he had to split us up. That was a minor annoyance. I’m pissed as all hell about his attempt to put us in a room where the sheets hadn’t been changed when he could’ve just put us in the two suites to begin with though. I would’ve even been OK making do with one suite as it looked like the sofas in those were pullout beds. Those are never very comfortable, but at least we all would’ve had a bed. By the time I saw that though, I was pissed enough that I wasn’t about to try it and give up the second room for them!

So, if you're going to stay here, beware if they have trouble finding you a room. At least one of the employees here has no problem putting people in rooms that haven't been properly cleaned and the sheets haven't been made in. On the bright side, this is the first time I've had any issues here and I've probably stayed here at least half a dozen times before. I'm sorely disappointed by this event though, and torn on whether I'll return for subsequent business visits or not. While I would expect the chances of it reoccurring are relatively slim unless similarly busy and needing more specific room requirements than I usually do, I hesitate to reward such lousy, unhealthy behavior with repeat business. It's otherwise been an excellent hotel to stay at.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
wingatecinci, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati/Blue Ash, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your response. I am investigating the problems that you encountered with the staff. Only clean rooms that have been inspected by the Head Housekeeper are available for rent. It has always been our top priority to offer clean and comfortable rooms. I sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered and am hopeful that you will allow us another opportunity,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Ash
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - Northeast (Blue Ash)
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash
Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#11 of 18 in Blue Ash

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati/Blue Ash? Share your experiences!