“Huge Disappointment”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Blue Ash
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Having never been to the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Blue Ash, Ohio, we fully expected a 3.5 star rated hotel. Our first issue was realized Sincas we turned on the bulky, small, and very OLD television. We had sound, but no picture. After calling the front desk, a young man brought us another very very old television that seemed to work. This was not the case. Within a few minutes, this television also lost its picture. As we'd turn the television on and off, we could get a picture back, but it would black out again within minutes. This was a great irritant. Since we had difficulty with the tv, my daughter tried your fitness center. There too, the theme seemed to be "old." The running machine rattled and shook so much that my daughter worried it might fall apart! There was just one cup of caffinated coffee provided us, so the two of us had to share the one cup! We were awakened by a knock on our door at 9am. A gentleman whose English was difficult to understand spoke to me through the door. I could not understand him, and as a female with my daughter, was nervous to open my door to him. I guessed that perhaps he wanted to clean my room, so told him we'd be checking out a 11. This was a great disturbance to us as we had stayed up late sharing time together, and had planned to sleep late before embarking on our travels. This man was joined by another gentleman, and the two men conversed very louldy for several minutes as they went door to door in their attempt to clean rooms. This made me so nervous that I watch through the peep-hole. My daughter and I were unable to fall back to sleep due to the loud talking of these two employees. Lastly, the drape over the closet door rather than a door simply looks cheap. This is not what I would expect in a 3.5 star hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel is more a 2.5 star than 3.5 star
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Momtveler
dannyohill, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2011

Dear Ms. Momtveler:
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. Please accept my sincere apologizes for any incovenience we may have caused you. We are in the process of changing to flat screen TVs and will have the project done by the end of 2011. We have a Manager On Duty 24 hours to help resolve any guest issues. That manager would have been more than happy to help you. I apologize for the noise in the corridors. We have taken measures to make sure this does not happen. For future reference, please use the "Do Not Disturb" signage to prevent anyone from disturbing you. We also have the Crowne Plaza signature "Quiet Zone" rooms for those guests who need or request them. I followed up on your concern about our tread mill and found that we did in fact have one that was in need of repair. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do have complimentary access for our guests to the Blue Ash Recreation Center which has more fitness equipment than our center. We offer complimentary transportation to and from the Blue Ash Recreation Center for our guests. I am sorry that our fabric closet drapes did not meet your expectations. These were installed in lieu of solid doors due to the fact that there is a fire sprinkler head in the closet which cannot be covered for fire safety reasons. Thank you again for your comments and we hope that we can serve you again in the furure. Regards - Danny Hill, General Manager

Reviewed 2 June 2011

Hotel was average but the breakfast area has a pool with 2 turtles and several koi fish. The turtles looked unhealthy (shells discolored) and they had no place to hide and there was a constantly running waterfall. It appeared they may be clorinating the water! I complained to the operations manager and she said she'd look into it but they really didn't know much about turtles. Called the General Manager to follow up and he seemed very disinterested, even when I suggested who he might call for advice. I'm not usually a complainer and I've never written a hotel review but I would urge other animal-lovers to ask about whether this situation has been resolved before they book a room here.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MissyP51
dannyohill, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2011

Dear Missy,
We take all our guests comments very seriously. The two turtles were on loan more than four (4) years ago by the owner of the "Plantscape Company" that maintains all of the live trees and foilage in the Atrium. She was able to visit the turtles twice monthly as she was working on our plants. She was happy to see them. The water in the pond is NOT and has never been chlorinated. The only chlorine in the pond is the same as our drinking water. We built an island in the pond specifically for the turtles to sun themselves. Our Atrium has four (4) large skylights and huge windows on all four sides. The turtles did not long for the sun.

Over the years, children have come to know the whereabaouts of the turtles and one of the first things they do after checking-in with their parents is to come down to the Atrium to see the turtles. I am sorry if my saying that "I would take care of the situation" seemed indifferent to you.
I did exactly what I said. The turtles are doing well and ejoying their new home with their owner. Although our guest are "SAD" that the turtles are gone.

Best regards,
Danny Hill

Reviewed 29 May 2011

We stayed at this hotel in 2009 and had a pretty bad visit. This hotel has improved dramatically. The room we had was fantastic - roomy, comfortable, quiet, and clean. Dave, the manager, was great - he upgraded us to the business/executive floor for free, even though we booked through priceline.com. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We just had our 25th Old Time Radio & Nostalgia convention at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
It was the second year we were there. The staff couldn't do enough to make both our stays there ones to remember, and we plan the come back next year. I would highly
recommend the Crowne Plaza to anyone who is planning to have any kind of event.

Room Tip: You will be satisfied with any of the rooms
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I was so impressed with Donna Weitlauf and her attitude of service to all guests at the Crowne Plaza. At first I thought it was just her but then began to notice all employees. She was incrediable and her staff followed suit. She was a delight and certainly deserves recognition for her service. She is an amazing assest to your company and you know she did everything with her heart. The service was impeccable and hope that you will in some way honor her. You have a gold mine in her, what an advertisement for a remarkable stay at the Crowne Plaza! I thank her and her staff for everything.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Great feedback from our overseas group on the quality of the rooms, the meeting room food and service and the restaurant food and seeting. Our group of 20 had a sucessful two days of meetings and the staff was a pleasure to work with.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 31 March 2011

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your comments concerning your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza. The comments have been passed along to all of our associates. Danny Hill - General Manager

Reviewed 9 February 2011

Just wanted to thank the Crowne Plaza for a very lovely experience. A colleague and I stayed there 02-04-11 through 02-06-11. The room with a king size bed, was really nice and overlooked the atrium. We ate dinner there on both Friday and Saturday night. Friday, we had just sandwiches because it was so late in the evening, and the meal was so good we decided to eat dinner there again on Saturday. Both dinner meals were wonderful. Great presentation and tasted wonderful. Steaks on Saturday night were tender and done perfectly! We were thrilled with the service and the food. .

Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning in the atrium was good too. Good presentation and the food was good. Both the waitress and the manager of the area were exceptional. They were very attentive and helpful.

What can I say about Mark, the bartender on Friday and Saturday? He was wonderful and nice and very attentive to our dirnks and the serving of our dinners. Kudos, Mark.

The gentlemen on duty at the front dest was very helpful, pleasant and also very attentive to our needs. You couldn't ask for better service. I'm sorry I was lax about getting his name and would personally thank him here for all his help in answering our questions.

The room, the staff (exceptional) and the hotel were really very nice and everything was clean and neat. The little ditty bag on the bed in the room is a nice touch. :O)

We were very pleased with our stay and would most definately plan on staying there again. It was a good experience and a pleasure. Thank you staff, for making our stay so nice and a pleasurable experience. We'll be back and we will definately recommend the Crowne Plaza on Pfeiffer Road to our friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 31 March 2011

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your comments concerning your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cincinnati. We have made your comments available for all of our associates to read and feel good about themselves. Thanks again from the staff of the Crowne Plaza. Danny Hill - General Manager