“Great hotel... Will go back!”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Blue Ash
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Loved this hotel, friendly & informative reception. Spacious interiors. Elaborately maintained rooms. And great sleep quality! The breakfast was a good hot & cold buffet spread. Good & afford-ably priced.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
dannyohill, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

Thank you for sharing this great feedback. We appreciate you taking a minute of your valuable time to do so. We look forward to your return visit!

Danny Hill

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash

Reviewed 25 August 2011

The stall is great and friendly Like they want you to enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you taking a minute of your valuable time to share this with us!

Danny Hill

Reviewed 20 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for the night and the hotel was awesome! Front Desk staff was outstanding! Always there to make sure there was anything they could do to help us. Lobby Lounge bartender was excellent. Very friendly and knew the city very well. Didn't eat the breakfast, but food smelled really good. The room was clean and well lit. Would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I enjoyed my stay this hotel! The location is great! Central location to lots of shopping, dining and to the Amusement Park "Kings Island". The hotel is in good condition! Rooms are very clean, spacious and has everything you would need. The hotel staff is very friendly, always willing to help us out with directions and such. If I were to visit Cincinnati again I would certainly stay at this hotel! I have only been there once and obviously don't know many other hotels in this area, however I was quite plased with my stay and would have no reason to look elsewhere. I would recommend this hotel for sure!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robrende
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I agree with the next most recent reviewer: we must have stayed at different hotels. I cannot believe this property received most of its ratings in the "excellent" category. The Plaza Hotel in New York, the Savoy in London, the Ritz in Paris are "excellent" hotels. This is a dump, something on the lines of a mid-1970's Best Western. It does have a business center and a breakfast on par with an Embassy Suites (which by the way, is down the road and I have stayed there several times and recommend that). The hallways are cinder block, the doors are old metal ones with several layers of paint, and the dead giveaway for its age and cheapness was the 1970's pseudo plastic "marble" shower. My clock radio was broken and I had to rely upon a wakeup call (to their credit, they did occur on time). Even if the radio had been operational, the directions were totally for a different model (there is no "buzzer" button) and were useless. I couldn't get into my room upon checking in at 10:30 PM because the "handles stick all the time". They called maintenance and made me WAIT at that hour rather than simply give me another room. The walls despite being cinder block in the hallway are paper thin and I could hear the barn animals, oops I mean people, next door coughing , clearing their noses, throats, etc. as if they were right in front of me. The bed and pillows were comfortable and after the slobs next door finally shut up and morons stopped calling down the hallways at midnight I was able to sleep well. The restaurant staff is very friendly and efficient. Crowne Plazas in the San Francisco area at least are quite nice, like Hiltons or Sheratons, but this is like they bought a Best Western and stuck their name on it. Gross. AVOID.

1  Thank Erica K
dannyohill, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Dear Erika K,
Please accept my most sincere apologies for your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Blue Ash.
Regards,
Danny O. Hill, General Manager

Reviewed 3 August 2011

I have to say I am amazed at all the glowing reviews for this property - and wonder if we stayed at the same place or were transported to a different dimension. I can't say the experience was truly poor, but after our stay, we certainly wouldn't stay here again.

I have had the fortune (good or bad) to have stayed in 7 hotels in the past 7 weeks, including 2 out of the US. Other than a hotel in Germany with no air conditioning during a 95 degree heat spell, the stay at the Crowne Plaza in Blue Ash ranks next to the bottom.

It's interesting that the other negative review I saw here was from someone who got a free room from the Crowne and their room and service were sub-par. Our room was also considered "free" although I purchased it at a charity auction for $150. We decided to simply give the kids a one-night mini-vacation at the Crowne: stay in a hotel room, enjoy the pool, eat room service - you know the drill if you have kids. So we booked the room for a Friday night late in July. Our reservation was guaranteed for 2 double beds since there were 4 of us.

When my wife got to check-in she was informed the room was a King-only, and there's nothing they could do about it, the hotel was (as always seems the case with room issues) booked full. No good faith gesture for this was made, such as maybe the kids could eat for free at breakfast (along with our two paid meals I had already purchased), or how about ... something? No, not even so much as a heartfelt sorry - just a take it or leave it attitude. We decided to make the best of it anyway.

The room location was directly in front of the elevator so of course it was noisy all night. Any other trip that might have bothered us but, no matter, this was just a fun overnight. The room itself however was very dated and felt dark and not altogether clean. The bathroom looked extremely unclean around the fixtures and toilet and the TV in the main, extremely small, room seemed to be an old circa 1990 crt with no external inputs - a seemingly common amenity these days and a must with kids so iPod movies can be played at bedtime.

The pool was very crowded, which you can't blame the hotel for, but the chlorine level was enough for me to make my skin feel prickly. The pool area, being in an atrium, was very dark and uninviting. The kids played, but it didn't feel like "fun at the pool."

Also, while we did have two adult breakfasts included, we honestly were so disappointed with our stay that we didn't eat at the Crowne - where we would have had to pay $10.95 each for the kids to pick at a few bites of food. Bob Evans right out front is a much better alternative.

Upon checkout, we expressed our disappointment at the Front Desk again, with only a one word reply - a seemingly insincere "Sorry." Maybe that reflects that more than just our family wasn't thrilled with their stay.

Again, there's nothing here that would make me say this was terrible, so I would feel uncomfortable rating it a 1 or even a 2 - although I might rate it that way if the stay were longer than just one night - this is a Crowne Plaza after all. And compared to everywhere else we've stayed recently this was just, well, sub-par and not somewhere we would ever want to stay again.

On the plus side - these are all obviously "Adult" complaints. The kids got their overnight, a pool , and room service - so they still thought it was fun.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
IHGCare, IHGCare at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Dear nedlyj,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Cincinnati area.
^LS IHGCare

Reviewed 19 July 2011

This was the site for my 45th class reunion. What an absolute perfect place it turned out to be. The staff were all very friendly and professional. I truly felt that they they were invested in our reunion being a success. The food was outstanding, much better than I expected for such an outing. Although I didn't stay there myself I heard nothing but positive remarks from those who did. The location is perfect, easy in, easy out, plenty of attractions close by. I would highly recommend the Crowne Plaza in Blue Ash.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank WarrenD171
dannyohill, Owner at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Dear WarrenhD71,
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Blue Ash. I am pleased to hear that the staff made your attendance at your 45th class reunion a good and memorable one. Thanks again - Danny Hill, General Manager-Partner