“Bed bugs galore”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Atlanta, Georgia
“Bed bugs galore”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Positives....Bob Evans is across the parking lot.

Cons...Bed bugs, bed bugs, bed bugs, bed bugs and bed bugs. We stayed in a room with double beds and both beds were infested with bed bugs. Our legs and arms look like a bad case of chicken pox before blistering. My husband is bald and he even has bites in his head. Our skin is burning from the bites itching so badly.

Tiny rooms....Spouse and myself and we had to turn sideways to pass each other and we are average size

Hallways....Carpets are musky.

Could go on but will stop. We will NEVER stay at that Crowns Plaza again.

5 Thank Denise J
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Denise J:
Would you please send me the room number. We want to investigate this matter immediately. Thank you-Danny Hill, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Mini fridge in room was moldy inside and old food from previous guest was not removed.
Carpeted baseboard in room was detached from wall, which resulted in my five year old stepping on and receiving a puncture from a loose staple.
Bathroom door would not shut completely and we were unable to lock it.
The free breakfast buffet lady tried to charge me to take a cup of coffee to my room.
On the morning of check-out, housekeeping let themselves in; once at 8:15 am and again at 9:30. They completely barged in on us.
Never again. Awful experience. Could not wait to get out of there.

3 Thank Jayme K
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Jayme K:
Thank you for letting us know that we failed you during your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati Blue Ash. Your comments will serve to help the management and staff learn where we can make improvements. The conditions you reported are totally unacceptable and thank you again for bring them to our attention. Regards - Danny Hill - General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Blue Ash hotels

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My family and I decided to take a weekend trip to Cincinnati. I searched on-line and found this hotel was the least expensive for the 4th of July holiday. As I began to read the comments that were left, I became very discouraged and was not sure if I should book the room. Against my better judgement, I booked the hotel room, deciding to just go for it.

A lot of the negative comments stated that the food was nasty, the hotel staff was not friendly, the sheets smelled like smoke, the hotel was not renovated, etc. I even took into consideration that the negative comments were left only a week before we were scheduled to attend.

Much to my surprise, this was the best trip of my life! And that is saying a lot because I have been to Hawaii.

I found the hotel to marvelous based on the items listed below:

*The suite was very clean, spacious and was accessible from two doors.
* The king size bed was great with wonderful pillows. The bedroom was HUGE!
* Housekeeping was extremely quick in addressing our needs. All of the staff was VERY friendly.
* The spa products were high quality.
* Right outside our door was the dining area and the pool-very convenient.
* The pool was surprisingly heated! What a major shocker. I was able to play with my kids for hours without freezing to death.
* The buffet was served daily and had a wealth of good food to select from.
* The entry way of the lobby is beautiful. They also have a little area that sells snacks. Which is open 24 hours.
* This may be a little silly to add. However, the water temperature gets really hot. You have to be careful because you can burn yourself. But I loved it! With two kids at home, It's rare to get hot water.

Overall, I am pleased to recommend this hotel for a stay-cation!

Room Tip: Get a suite on the first floor.
Dear 5111234567:
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati Blue Ash. We appreciate your frank comments as this helps us to give a better guest experience all around. Thank you again for all of your comments. Danny Hill -General Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I don't know if they gave me the smallest room in the hotel because I booked on hotwire, but it was unusually small. Beds were NOT doubles - large twins at best. Ceiling was low. Space was cramped. This could have been a converted closet. Staff was nice, though and place was clean. Just not a place to go if you have 2 adults and 2 small kids.

Room Tip: Tell them you DO NOT WANT room 126! Also, forego the expensive breakfast and walk 50 feet to Bob Ev...
Dear Tim V:
Please accept my sincere apologizes concerning your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati Blue Ash. All of our two double bedded rooms have full size double beds. I was pleased to learn that our staff was nice and that the place was clean. Thank you again. Danny Hill - General Manager
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We had no problems or major complaints but not sure this hotel matches other 3.5 star hotels we have been to previously. Fitness center left some to be desired. Room was spacious but no fridge or microwave.

Dear BearKr8:
Thank you for taking your time to comment about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati Blue Ash. I am sorry that our fitness center did not meet your expectations. We do have full privileges with the Blue Ash Recreation Center free of charge to our guests and we publish this fact in our guest service directory. Most full service hotels do not put microwaves and refrigerators in their rooms. We have a limited number that we provide upon request of the guest. Thank you again for your comments. Danny Hill - General Manager
Howell, Michigan
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel is physically odd. Perhaps it was a motel that was absorbed in a construction project...making a larger hotel. The pool and restaurant are in this large open courtyard type space, but now covered by a roof. In some places the building is 2 floors tall and in others it is 5 floors. Makes navigation somewhat confusing.

Our room is smallish. Very very uncomfortable and old beds. I hope ours was the worst in the establishment as I cannot imagine another more uncomfortable! The room overlooks the courtyard/pool but natural light comes in thru the skylights in the courtyard roof. We are also over a banquet room, where tonight there is a wedding, with music and a DJ. For us that means bass and muffled music and voices. We can look down on the buffet line and the part goers who are out in the court yard...while the hotel guest swim in the pool just beyond them. Again...odd. Oh...and no hot tub.

The staff are mostly pleasant, but not overly friendly or up beat. Our first morning we did not get out in time for housekeeping. Later that evening we needed to call for toilet tissue...they seemed a bit put out...but did bring some up. The second morning we made sure that housekeeping had time to come in, but we still got the minimum service. Our room looks like it needs a deep clean and some general maintenance. The walls look beaten and weathered and the toilet and drains are very slow. The tub is quite slippery and water filled while showering. The lamp shades next to the bed are torn. The refrigerator has no front feet so you have to push it back to open the door. In general...no upkeep and no TLC for some time. Room is dark even with all lights on...

Nice bath and body products! Real coffee mugs. Tea bags along with coffee in the room. Plenty of accessible outlets for phone and ipad charging. Nice makeup mirror in bath.

Room Tip: I did enjoy looking out over the pool and courtyard until today when the banquet facility is being u...
1 Thank Nicsmom101
Dear Nicsmom101:
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel. Your comments will help us improve our service, maintenance and quality of beds and furnishings. Thank you again for taking the time to write your comments. Regards - Danny Hill - General Manager
Gainesboro
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was there vending at the Steampunk Symposium and was more than at home with the comfortable beds, wonderful service, and the Templespa bath products (major score). The pool area is indoor with pleasant classical music piped in which I took advantage off on my last night. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Wendy B
Dear Wendy B:
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati Blue Ash. We hope to see you again at the next Steampunk Symposium. Regards - Danny Hill - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Ash
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati/Blue Ash
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - Northeast (Blue Ash)
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Northeast - Blue Ash
Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites
Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash? Share your experiences!