“Great new lobby design but rooms just adequate”

Courtyard Cincinnati Blue Ash
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
World citizen
“Great new lobby design but rooms just adequate”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The lobby design and functionality was a real surprise. I've stayed in other nearby suite-hotels previiously but this hotel was not only significantly less expensive, the lobby was modernist and includes a sub-level with good work areas, a degree of privacy, and an expanse of large windows letting the sun stream in. A very nice place to hang out for hotel in this price category.

The room looks nice and was clean. But all seating was worn out and uncomfortable. The desk chair was way too low to be functional at the desk height. I suspect the chair was meant to be adjustable but that function didn't appear to work. The small couch was hard as a rock, badly designed (almost no angle to the back) and worn out. It showed hard use as the cusions were beat down and angled to the middle. The bed was very comfortable. The flat screen t.v. is positioned to the couch and if you want to watch from bed, you need to turn your head 90 degrees, (a big problem for me with a few disc issues in my neck)or try to lay at an extreme angle half off the bed. Not a well thought out room design.

As for cleaning, we were notified on check in that there were only be light cleaning on Thanksgiving, which was fine. But the day after, my 3rd day, my linens were not changed. Turns out I was supposed to find and read the card on the night stand explaining that we are to place the card on a pillow if we want clean bedding. So it seems the default is now to have to ask. That's bogus in my opinion.

Room Tip: I had requested a quiet room in my reservation but was given one closest to the lobby and next to th...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Skarzan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Greay consistent courtyard product with new style lobby. Bed was great and room design was functional. Free parking is great and for only $88 this was a steal in the suburbs.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank mcclungp
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Perfect place with a great price. The suites are newly renovated and match up to the upscale hotels. Staff is very pleasant and cordial. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anybody visiting Cincinnati on business or pleasure. It is just 20 minutes drive from downtown and the price beats the drive.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank csrikanth1
Advance, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel during my granddaughter's tests at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. It was convenient to the interstate that went right to the hospital exit. It was about 20 minutes away. One exit past the exit for the hotel there is shopping and plenty of places to eat. The staff was very polite. The pool was cold, the hot tub was too hot and we never did arrive at the right time to find the breakfast that was supposed to be provided. One morning we were told it didn't start until 8:00 the next morning it was at 7:00 and ended at 9:00. Every morning we tried a different time and were told it had either not started or had already ended. In the week we were there I never did see it and got all kinds of answers as to why. I don't think it exists. They have a Starbucks in the lobby which was nice but too expensive to eat at every morning. We rec'd a free upgrade to a suite when the staff found out we needed a refrigerator and microwave. Over all it was a good place and was very clean. Just don't expect breakfast or to swim much.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Formyjoy
Pittsford (town), New York
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed here for a family trip to Kings Island. It was a little out of the way for Kings Island, but we got a good rate and wanted a decent hotel without tons of little kids. (We have young adults ages 13 - 22) .

The bed was the best part. It is a memory foam mattress and they actually sell them through their website! We are considering buying one from them to insure we get the same bed!

The only problem was no breakfast and food in the cafe was really expensive. Their is no where close to walk except for dinner --TGIF and Firehouse Grill.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Shirley V
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This is a typical Courtyard with a couple of issues I ran into.

The hotel is a 2-floor square. There is only one elevator and it is in the far right corner from the main entrance. It took me a while to find it. Since it was on the opposite ends from the lobby and my room, I ended up using the stairs. I am assuming, if you have a problem using stairs they will put you on the 1st floor.

The second issue seems to be more common. the suites are connected by a locked door. I could hear everything my neighbors were doing, including semi-loud TV, conversations and *other* sounds. Going to sleep around 10 was a challenge. I am assuming I had little privacy since they could hear everything I was doing as well.

The internet was pretty good, when it worked. One night the wireless was down, but Ethernet was still working well.

Other than that, the staff is very nice and the suite was very clean.

Room Tip: 1st floor or close to the elevator (far right corner from the lobby).
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank dw0rk1n
Ohio
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The hotel was well-maintained, clean, and quiet. But honestly, it's possibly the sofest bed I've ever had in a hotel. I like a bit firmer mattress, and I only spent a few hours sleeping (too much celebrating for me), but I wish it had been firmer. We used a conference room for a social, and I enjoyed being able to get a custom coffee. However, please be advised that even though its a "starbucks" in the lobby, the staff is not really starbucks trained and they don't really know how to make a fancy coffee without following a set of written instructions. The front desk staff was very friendly, and parking was plentiful. The location is very convenient to the freeway. We did not try any of the food in the lobby area, but it looked nice.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family