“Very Good. I am giving it a B+”

Courtyard Cincinnati Blue Ash
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Houston, TX
“Very Good. I am giving it a B+”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

First, the staff here is wonderful. Everyone is welcoming, warm, and accommodating. A lot of high end hotels could learn from this staff. They are great. I also liked my breakfast. Like all Courtyards, it isn't complimentary, but it is really good. I would much prefer a good breakfast, to a free bagel and powdered eggs. I also really enjoyed being able to get a glass of wine after I checked in. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The mattress is super and the wireless internet is strong. There is a great work desk. The gym is super as well.

The hotel, although freshly remodeled, is older. The furniture is new and up to date, but the layout itself is a little rambly. I didn't mind. However, the cleaning wasn't quite up to expectations. When I arrived, dirty dishes were strung out across the lobby cafe on empty tables. The staff clearly had time to address and it is unclear to me why they did not. My glasses in the room smelled of mold, even though there was a plastic covering indicating they were "sparkling clean." I suspected they were cleaned with a moldy towel. I simply used the Styrofoam coffee cup, so this wasn't a deal killer but it was annoying.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this place. However, the nearby competition is strong. There is a close by Embassy Suites, Crowne Plaza and Hilton Garden Inn. Because of the cleaning issues, albeit small, I would probably check those places out before returning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My wife and I stayed during the Macy's music festival. And I have to say we could not have been more pleased. Our room was clean and the hotel was very well maintained. The staff was top notch and the cost wasn't bad either. We will be back. My stay was in July 2012

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Welland, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This hotel was great. From the time we walked in, we were very impressed.

The staff was amazing (we were leaving at 4am and paid for breakfast, so they got us a little to go bag with some breakfast food in it, which was above and beyond what they needed to do).

The rooms were clean and the beds were incredibly comfortable....even the pillows (I find hotel pillows are normally awful, but these were great). We had the room beside the pool with a balcony leading to the courtyard and we never heard anything all night! The courtyard has a firepit that we sat around for an hour or so, which was a really nice amenity....I have never seen a hotel with anything like this.

Clean hotel. Friendly staff. Great amenities.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Shelley167
rick k, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
My associates and I are very glad you had a very enjoyable stay. Your positive comments regarding the associates meant a lot to them, and I am very happy they were able to prepare you some breakfast before you left at 4:00 am. Thank you for staying with us, and hope to see you in on your next visit to Cincinnati.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Not your normal Courtyard. This was a fixed up run down something or another! The hallways smelled musty and smoke. Rooms are not quiet. You heard every knock on the doors and noise from other rooms. People were not considerate being it was after 1 when they stopped jumping from room to room. Other then that, bed was comfy. Usual and necessities were there. However, I will never stay at that one again. Sorry

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
I am very sorry you had an unfavorable experience during your recent stay at my hotel. Unfortunately we had some guests in the hotel that did not respect our other guests, and our non-smoking policy; the guests were asked to leave the hotel. Your experience was shared with all my associates, especially with those that work the over-night shifts; additional training was also conducted for them to better approach this guest. Thank you for choosing Marriott hotels during your travels.
toledo,oh
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Spent two nights at this hotel for a family party. I can't believe there is only ONE elevator in this whole very large and spread out hotel.AND it is as far from the front lobby as you can get. I think there are only 5 or 6 rooms without a balcony, and of course I got one of them. There was hair on our bathroom floor, and our sink had a very slow drain. The bed was VERY comfortable, and the pillows were wonderful, but the TV was positioned on the dresser, to the side of the bed, making it uncomfortable to lie in bed and watch IT. Our room rate included a LIMITED FREE BREAKFAST. Thank goodness, because a fruit cup and muffin with a small coffee was nearly $10. And you had to wait to be served, so the breakfast line was very long, since there were 3 large family groups there. A pack of 4 pepto bismol tablets was $3.45. Not really impressed with this one.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony if you like them. Elevator is in the far west corner of the hotel, as far away fro...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
rick k, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and letting us know about your experience. Courtyard is always looking at new opportunities to provide an enjoyable stay. Our challenge at the property is the sole elevator, and I will review with my associates that they should offer to take our guest’s luggage upstairs. Upon the next renovation, the location of the television is being reviewed and possibly be relocated; rooms with two beds do have the television at the foot of the bed, and is more visible from the bed. Thank you, again.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Nice typical suburban Courtyard by Marriott. Rooms are renovated and clean, so are the public areas. The walls are on the thin side as I could clearly hear my neighbors, was not a big deal since they quieted down after 10pm.

I am not a fan of their HVAC system as the "fan" setting was almost silent and it was not possible to run the heat or A/C while in "fan" setting. This meant that all night long, the system would click on and off, unless it was just completely turned off or on fan mode. I am sure this is not a big deal for most people. For people like me who like the sound of a continuous fan running while they sleep, it is a big deal and for that reason I may choose another hotel when in the area again.

All of the staff was friendly and the servers in the Bistro are very hard working and fast!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time to post your comments; I am sorry to hear that you did not receive a restful sleep. Each of guest room heating/cooling units do have fans to provide the "white noise" effect; I am sorry we did not have the opportunity to make the change this time; hopefully in the future, we will be happy to assist you. Thank you for the positive comments.
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This hotel was in a very quiet location. Rooms were clean. Ten minutes from kings island , not to much around the area but a few restaurants . The price was excellent. There is no free coffee or breakfast, there is bistro inside hotel . They have a nice indoor pool and hot tub. Very nice beds and pillows.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
rick k, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
I am glad to hear you had a relaxing stay this past week, and were able to enjoy our comfortable rooms along with our new beds. Hope you able to enjoy a Starbucks coffee from the Bistro. Thank you for taking time to post your experience, and hope to see you on your next visit to Cincinnati.