“Solid Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Boardman
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were driving thru and needed to find a room for the night as it was late so when we saw the sign for a Holiday Inn we stopped. We were given a room right across from the elevator which often can be noisy but perhaps due to the late hour that wasn't a problem. We got a good night's sleep in a clean room and were pleasantly surprised in the morning to find that the hotel had a pool, fitness center, business center, and full service restaurant. There was complimentary tea and coffee in the lobby. Prices in the restaurant were very reasonable. The service was pleasant and efficient and the breakfast was ample. Although this hotel was a little pricier than some it represents everything a Holiday Inn should be.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank chr_8
HolidayInnBoardman, Manager at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

We are very glad you liked our hotel. A lot has changed in the hotel industry over the years but " a good nights sleep in a clean room " is still one of the most important things. I hope we were very friendly and accomodating, also.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Spent April 27- May 1, 2014, the room was clean, staff courteous, and meeting room comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised as the restaurant prices were competitive, food excellent. The manager there gets it as the place was busy not only with travelers but with local patrons. Often hotel restaurant prices are not reasonable nor full so Kudo's to this Holiday Inn.
We enjoyed our stay there and would go back.

Room Tip: Not really, we were on the third floor, it was quiet and easy access to the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnBoardman, Manager at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you very much for the nice comments. They are great to hear. We are very proud of our restaurant. We have a a lot of staff members that have been with us a long time including our executive chef ( over 20 years) and our sous chef (over 10 years). We promise we will continue to work hard. So that we can be the best full service hotel that we can be.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Many time conference hotels are geared toward the business side of the operation and rooms are fairly basic. However, after a week here for business I can honestly say the bed is as comfortable as home, the walls are well insulated from noise, and the king rooms have a separate living area which enhances the comfort. The front desk staff without exception provided excellent information about the surrounding area. The pool area was spotless and meticulously cared for. The location is close to every possible type of business and service a traveler might need. Keep this location in mind for future travel arrangements!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnBoardman, Manager at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you very much for the good comments. Hospitality can be very demanding and that is why it is so very rewarding to get nice feedback. Thankfully, we do often hear good things from our guest and treat it as a gift each time we do.We will share these nice comments with our entire staff as it is very important for them to hear what our guests feel about our service.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We came in for a dance competition. It was very close to the venue and close to lots of great restaurants and shopping. thanks for the great stay. Kids had a nice time in the hot tub n pool. Only con was the elevators are extremely slow.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela H
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a good full service HI. Maybe it's grounds and lobby are beginning to look a little tired but it is well kept, clean and the rooms are updated and clean. While traveling for business, I typically do not stay at full service but this is very convenient so it is my first choice.

If you travel overnight often enough you learn hotel bars can become a problem if you are not careful. But I got back to the hotel earlier than expected and stopped in. Appeared to be all travelers, no locals. Quick service and you can bring your beverage of choice up to your room if you like. Good all the way around.

One thing I would hope ALL Hotels would learn, is to have easy access to electrical outlets by the bed. My phone is also my alarm clock but too often you have to dig behind the night stand and figure out which plug to pull to plug in your phone.

Full service so no free breakfast but they have coffee available immediately off the elevator until 9:00 am. Note, 9 means 9, by 9:05 it was gone.

Parking is limited by the front entrance but plenty by the rear entrance.

Staff is excellent, pleasant efficient everything you would want.

IMO, they are a little overpriced for the area but have never disappointed me.

Room Tip: Well built. On the 3rd floor facing the street I had a quite night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank NewEnglandSalesGuy
HolidayInnBoardman, Manager at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us. I'm glad that you feel we are a good hotel option. We are the only full service hotel in the market. We enjoy being full service and are proud of our restaurant, lounge, meeting space and are glad that we can offer things the other hotels can't. We also have a great pool, fitness room and business center. Of course, full service is only good if you are delivering great service and that is definitely our goal.

New England Sales Guy, electrical outlets are on our radar and that will be done later in the year as part of an indoor renovation. Also hope that the coffee being taken down at 9am didn't cause any problems for you. If it ever does, you can always let us know and we would be happy to get you coffee.

Wish I could be with you on the Sox, Patriots and the Celtics, but I can't. Please ask for me, if you stay with us again, I would enjoy meeting you.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We live in Indiana and my husband travels a ton for work. He stayed here for over a week while working in a nearby town. While I cannot comment on the rooms, I can comment on the excellent staff! Birthdays are big in our family and unfortunately this year my husband was working in Youngstown over his birthday. I wanted to do what I could to help him feel loved and appreciated on his birthday even though he was away from home. I called the Holiday Inn in Boardman and explained the situation and made a request that he and his crew members wake up to a wonderful birthday breakfast before they head out to work. The thing is... they leave at 5am. With room service and the restaurant not open at that time I wasn't sure what could be done. I asked if a pastry tray could be made ahead of time and brought out for them to pick up before they left and the staff was happy to oblige.
I sent my husband a "good morning/happy birthday" text at 4:30am and told him to go to the lobby before he left for the job. He sent a response thanking me immensely for the wonderful pastry tray and said that they were the best pastries he had ever tasted and that it was a huge hit with him and his fellow crew members.

So thank you Heather, Kristen, John, Sherri, and all of the staff at the Boardman Holiday Inn!!!!!!
You helped make my husband's birthday extra special for both he and I : )

• Stayed: February 2014
HolidayInnBoardman, Manager at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. We are happy we could help make his birthday special while being away from home! We promise to share your comments with the team as a job well done.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Hotel was on the old side and you could see the wear and tear. The slowest elevators. Pool and hot tub were very nice. Bar was fine. Staff was business friendly but did not go out of there way. Reduce price by $30 per night and it would be a good value.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnBoardman, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us and I am glad that you like our pool and the hot tub. On the other hand, I am very sorry that there were areas that we did not deliver. We do want to go out of our way to provide great service and you are right to expect it. Thank you very much for the feedback. I promise that we will use this information to the fullest to improve our product.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boardman
Best Western Plus Boardman Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Boardman
Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman
Hampton Inn & Suites Youngstown - Canfield
Residence Inn Youngstown Boardman/Poland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area

Been to Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South? Share your experiences!