“Under construction”

Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport - Brook Park
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brook Park
Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

This is a good location with good service and close to Hopkins Airport. There is a significant amount of construction which has left the common areas lacking carpet and sheet rock, also very large holes in the floors and ceiling. I would not bring my family until the work is complete

• Stayed: July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport - Brook Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Dear BigDaddy083,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding our location and good service. I am very sorry your stay was negatively affected by the construction works at our hotel. The construction has a targeted completion date of February 2013. We hope to welcome you back soon to our newly renovated hotel.

Again, thank you for your review and staying with us.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel to go to the IX center. It was conveniently located and easy to get to. The hotel was very clean and the staff was professional and helpful.

We got up late for the breakfast so I ran down quickly to see if it was closed. It was closing up, but the lady cleaning up got me out a fresh tray of cinnamin rolls as I got a cup of coffee for my wife and I. She gave me a tray to take them up to the room for my wife and I. Very helpful and kind, and much appreciated!

The room was clean and quiet. Beds comfortable and large flat screen TVs.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times when I've had business in Cleveland. It is now all non-smoking, which is good, but I have to think I got a prior smoking room. There was a cigarette burn on the carpet and the smell was such that I had to go get some spray myself. I went to the desk and they said they were full. The carpet was dirty. The bathroom needed work and I've posted a photo of the showerhead that needed cleaned. But, the room is nicely furnished with microwave, fridge and HD TV with lots of channels but it just wasn't very clean. I am hoping my post will pass on some constructive comments.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cs1
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for an anniversary getaway. I was concerned with its proximity to the airport, but only heard 1 plane the whole night we were there.
Work-out room had 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, 1 bike, and a weight machine.
Pool was open until 11, but very small. It was clean and there were about 12 people in the pool when we were there and there was enough room, however, if you want a big pool, this is not the place for you.
Breakfast was a typical Holiday In Express Continental breakfast. It was only available until 9:30. My husband and I ventured down at 9:21 and the hot food was already put away. By 9:28 everything was gone, the juice machine turned off, and not even a bagel was available. HOWEVER, my husband overheard the lady cleaning up state that she thought breakfast ended at 9, so this could have been a 1 time mistake by a new employee.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. We'd definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Get to breakfast early!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brisharbs
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We stayed here in the end of June. The room had a horrible cigarette smell, in fact the whole floor did. The service from employees was very grouchy. No smiles, put-off attitude, and upset demeanor. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelingFamily011
Reviewed 18 November 2010

we had reservations here near the I-X, which was a great location and w free shuttles. we looked at a room first and cancelled our reservations. we were shown a room by the highway and it was noisy as heck. the lady said, really? well, she couldn't hear anything, which my partially-deaf husband could not believe, since he heard it plainly. i hate it when they lie to you. it always leaves me skeptical. they said the other rooms were full-not so if the parking lot was any indication. fortunately, they have a same-day 6 pm cancellation policy without penalty. the bathroom had a very strange smell-well, not so strange, it smelled like someone had not flushed. if this is a cleaning liquid smell, they need to change the product stat! and the price,...well, we went across the street to the best western and got a room for $26 cheaper a night. there was a coupon in the ohio traveler's paper at a restroom stop along the highway that we had picked up and best western was in it. they also had free shuttle. we have stayed in lots of h.i. expresses and this was the first one that didn't meet our standards. sorry. can't recommend.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2010

The hotel was not very busy on the day we stayed there. Perhaps this was why we were upgraded to a room with a jacuzzi tub. The first room we were given completely clogged my sinuses within a half an hour. The front desk quickly assigned us a new room and things were fine. There was just something in that first room that was irritating my sinuses (mold, mildew, cat dander, cigarette smoke covered with heavy air freshner?). The new room was very comfortable with a safe for your valuables. The bathroom was very large and the shower had a good flow, although the shower head was just a little low for my liking. The bed was very comfortable and there were no sounds from the nearby airport. Breakfast in the morning was the usual Holiday Inn Express fare and since the hotel was not very full there was room in the breakfast room to sit. The breakfast staff was very attentive to things.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Airport
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
#7 of 11 in Middleburg Heights

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport - Brook Park? Share your experiences!