“Currently being renovated.....air conditioning not working well”

Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport - Brook Park
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brook Park
Columbus, Ohio
“Currently being renovated.....air conditioning not working well”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The room was clean. Since the hotel is under renovation part of the roof is missing. We heard a tarp whipping in the wind all night. The air conditioner in our room couldn't cool the room and It was too warm and muggy to sleep. We heard another person complain about the same thing. The workers started pulling wires overhead about 7:30am and the hammering started about 9:30. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We have not had any problems with the staff. Our only problem was we did not know there is renovation going on in the hotel, so when we saw a tarp over the roof and a crane in the driveway it scared us,
The first room we were in had a smoke smell but like I said the staff was really great and changed our rooms and this one is wonderful.

Room Tip: Like I said the hotel is under construction so the restruant is not great but they make everything w...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

This is a good location with good service and close to Hopkins Airport. There is a significant amount of construction which has left the common areas lacking carpet and sheet rock, also very large holes in the floors and ceiling. I would not bring my family until the work is complete

• Stayed July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport - Brook Park, responded to this review, 29 July 2012
Dear BigDaddy083,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding our location and good service. I am very sorry your stay was negatively affected by the construction works at our hotel. The construction has a targeted completion date of February 2013. We hope to welcome you back soon to our newly renovated hotel.

Again, thank you for your review and staying with us.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sistersville, West Virginia
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel to go to the IX center. It was conveniently located and easy to get to. The hotel was very clean and the staff was professional and helpful.

We got up late for the breakfast so I ran down quickly to see if it was closed. It was closing up, but the lady cleaning up got me out a fresh tray of cinnamin rolls as I got a cup of coffee for my wife and I. She gave me a tray to take them up to the room for my wife and I. Very helpful and kind, and much appreciated!

The room was clean and quiet. Beds comfortable and large flat screen TVs.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times when I've had business in Cleveland. It is now all non-smoking, which is good, but I have to think I got a prior smoking room. There was a cigarette burn on the carpet and the smell was such that I had to go get some spray myself. I went to the desk and they said they were full. The carpet was dirty. The bathroom needed work and I've posted a photo of the showerhead that needed cleaned. But, the room is nicely furnished with microwave, fridge and HD TV with lots of channels but it just wasn't very clean. I am hoping my post will pass on some constructive comments.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank cs1
smithville, oh
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for an anniversary getaway. I was concerned with its proximity to the airport, but only heard 1 plane the whole night we were there.
Work-out room had 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, 1 bike, and a weight machine.
Pool was open until 11, but very small. It was clean and there were about 12 people in the pool when we were there and there was enough room, however, if you want a big pool, this is not the place for you.
Breakfast was a typical Holiday In Express Continental breakfast. It was only available until 9:30. My husband and I ventured down at 9:21 and the hot food was already put away. By 9:28 everything was gone, the juice machine turned off, and not even a bagel was available. HOWEVER, my husband overheard the lady cleaning up state that she thought breakfast ended at 9, so this could have been a 1 time mistake by a new employee.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. We'd definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Get to breakfast early!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brisharbs
Auburn Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We stayed here in the end of June. The room had a horrible cigarette smell, in fact the whole floor did. The service from employees was very grouchy. No smiles, put-off attitude, and upset demeanor. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelingFamily011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brook Park
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Best Western Airport Inn & Suites Cleveland
Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel
La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland...
#1 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport - Brook Park? Share your experiences!