“Avoid Avoid Avoid!!!!!! "The good, The Great, and Why You'd Avoid"”

Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport - Brook Park
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brook Park
Reviewed 28 July 2012

The title says it all. There is no saving grace about this hotel. Even at places that are atrocious, I can come up with a good, and sometimes something that is great, not here though.

The Good- Absolutely nothing

The Great - Absolutely nothing!

Why You'd Avoid - The staff was not only not pleasant, they were downright rude. The staff was disheveled, not a single smile, and were actually mean to me and my wife. The buliding - while I understand, now, that they are under construction, the place looks like a roach motel inside and out. It is covered in a blue tarp, dust and a horrid lemon smell throughout the front area is present. As a platinum priority club member I am used to friendly greetings, gift baskets of snacks and other trinkets, and a certain level of service. Here I got a bottle of water as my gift basket. woo hoo! The elevator was out of service, which the staff didn't realize, The building was old, oh, and did I mention this was the wrost hotel staff EVER! I called after spending 5 minutes in the lobby and cancled my reservations and used an online site to get a 4 star hotel in downtown cleveland for almost $30.00 LESS THAN the horrid horrid Holiday innn express. Yes they have free breakfast, but you couldnt pay me to eat in that disgusting excuse for a hotel! Holiday Inn express should be embarressed to even have their name associated with such a place!

If you found this review helpful please click the little "yes" this was helpful tab so I know my words were put to good use and I saved someone the agony of having to experience this for themself.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blewjaye
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport - Brook Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear blewjaye,

Thank you for being a Platinum Priority Club member and for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 26 July 2012

The room was clean. Since the hotel is under renovation part of the roof is missing. We heard a tarp whipping in the wind all night. The air conditioner in our room couldn't cool the room and It was too warm and muggy to sleep. We heard another person complain about the same thing. The workers started pulling wires overhead about 7:30am and the hammering started about 9:30. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We have not had any problems with the staff. Our only problem was we did not know there is renovation going on in the hotel, so when we saw a tarp over the roof and a crane in the driveway it scared us,
The first room we were in had a smoke smell but like I said the staff was really great and changed our rooms and this one is wonderful.

Room Tip: Like I said the hotel is under construction so the restruant is not great but they make everything w...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

This is a good location with good service and close to Hopkins Airport. There is a significant amount of construction which has left the common areas lacking carpet and sheet rock, also very large holes in the floors and ceiling. I would not bring my family until the work is complete

• Stayed: July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport - Brook Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Dear BigDaddy083,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding our location and good service. I am very sorry your stay was negatively affected by the construction works at our hotel. The construction has a targeted completion date of February 2013. We hope to welcome you back soon to our newly renovated hotel.

Again, thank you for your review and staying with us.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel to go to the IX center. It was conveniently located and easy to get to. The hotel was very clean and the staff was professional and helpful.

We got up late for the breakfast so I ran down quickly to see if it was closed. It was closing up, but the lady cleaning up got me out a fresh tray of cinnamin rolls as I got a cup of coffee for my wife and I. She gave me a tray to take them up to the room for my wife and I. Very helpful and kind, and much appreciated!

The room was clean and quiet. Beds comfortable and large flat screen TVs.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times when I've had business in Cleveland. It is now all non-smoking, which is good, but I have to think I got a prior smoking room. There was a cigarette burn on the carpet and the smell was such that I had to go get some spray myself. I went to the desk and they said they were full. The carpet was dirty. The bathroom needed work and I've posted a photo of the showerhead that needed cleaned. But, the room is nicely furnished with microwave, fridge and HD TV with lots of channels but it just wasn't very clean. I am hoping my post will pass on some constructive comments.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cs1
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for an anniversary getaway. I was concerned with its proximity to the airport, but only heard 1 plane the whole night we were there.
Work-out room had 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, 1 bike, and a weight machine.
Pool was open until 11, but very small. It was clean and there were about 12 people in the pool when we were there and there was enough room, however, if you want a big pool, this is not the place for you.
Breakfast was a typical Holiday In Express Continental breakfast. It was only available until 9:30. My husband and I ventured down at 9:21 and the hot food was already put away. By 9:28 everything was gone, the juice machine turned off, and not even a bagel was available. HOWEVER, my husband overheard the lady cleaning up state that she thought breakfast ended at 9, so this could have been a 1 time mistake by a new employee.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. We'd definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Get to breakfast early!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Cleveland Airport
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport
La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport - Brook Park? Share your experiences!