“Howard Johnson”

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I feel this is one of, actually, for me, the worst experience in a hotel for me! so, first we asked for a double bed room, we got a 1 bed hotel. We had to go back and ask for a two bed room again. The man at the desk was very nice, and honest. I don't see why he should be working there, he was too good for that job. He led us down a scary dark hallway because it was "under construction" we get in our room, it seemed nice at first site, but look closer. He told us, if you are a woman alone, you might not want to go down a curtain staircase. That seemed weird to me. We look at the beds, they have stains on them,gross. Luckily, I brought blankets from our ride to the hotel for the plane ride. I could not sleep in the beds, let alone touch the inside of the beds. We ordered towels for showers, we got them after a long wait because they forgot, they had mysterious orange spots. Couldn't take showers because the shower looked gross to me. The plug ins on the walls didn't have the cover on them, the WiFi didn't work, and the carpets were patchy. worst night ever. We got a shuttle to the airport, because we were dropping my grandmother off. And we called after we dropped her off and they wouldn't pick up the phone. And finally,they picked up and came and got us. The man in the shuttle said " well see you when u pick up your grandmother " sure. Never again. Worst experience.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I am typically not fussy about rooms as long as they are clean and safe. The place was old, filthy, smelled and far beyond repair. It had the poorest excuse for a shower. Besides no water pressure, the shower head pointed straight down to the drain, so you have to bend over to get wet. I did not feel safe here after I successfully used my room key to access the hall and then it did not work to open my room. Seems they thought I had checked out, even though my stuff was in there and the bed was not made and towels were used. SO the room was not cleaned, no fresh towels, etc. The only thing this place has going for it is the location. They would have to level the place and start over to make it acceptable. Do not stay here!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Small box much to say...Facility under construction. The door locks did not work 6 seperate trips to office to attempt to fix. Queen size bed a farce. No towels available in room at 7 pm. Internet not working. Desk clerk did not seem all that concerned about any of above issues or those of the other 4 guests in lobby with problems. Asked to speak to manager, clerk refused to contact manager.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brook Park
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport - Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport -...
#5 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
#2 of 2 in Fairview Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Beachwood
Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport - Brook Park

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!