“Cleveland Hampton”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brooklyn
Carlisle, United States
“Cleveland Hampton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Staff was very welcoming and friendly. My granddaughter wanted a banana and they were all browning. The staff went as far as to find her a perfect banana. Made us feel very welcome. We were very disappointed to learn that the following week the hotel was booked as we had to return for a funeral.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you very much for the positive feedback on your most recent stay. I am glad to hear you loved the hotel. We strive for excellent customer service in all of our staff members and a great product. I hope you will come back and visit us again soon. Again thank you for the great review and we will see you soon.

Chris Ellis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
wheeling, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hampton has it's short comings like the small rooms, older rooms but the staff is so friendly that they more than make up for it. And the complimentary breakfast is well worth it. Great items to select from and very tasty. They passed out crayons for the kids and give 5 star service. I would recommend for something away from downtown cleveland.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, 30 July 2014

New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

ALL of the staff were sincerely very friendly and helpful. The hotel is well managed, clean, and the staff are very helpful and resolve issues quickly and seamlessly. I had a problem connecting to the internet, which ended up being a network issue. The front desk identified this problem quickly and had me talking with a very efficient IT person within minutes.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, 29 July 2014

Oklahoma City, OK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The mattresses at this place are dreadful. This is an ORIGINAL Hampton which means it been around and they evidently haven't purchased new mattresses since they built the place. Popcorn ceiling...that tells you how old it is. Beware if you're looking for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that there were some issues that you were not completely satisfied with. I thank you for your feedback as it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our hospitality so that others do not share your experience. Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Owensboro, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My son and I stayed at this Hampton location on Wednesday (7/16/14) arriving late evening. Normally I inspect the room before bringing in our belongings and settling in but on this occasion we were so exhausted after an 8 hour drive that we went to dinner instead of settling in the room. After dinner we returned to the room where my son went straight to sleep, I took a bath and went to bed myself. I had not even been in bed for 30 minutes before I started feeling something crawling on my ankles and biting me. I immediately got out of the bed and turned on the lights and found juvenile bed bugs crawling on the duvet, sheets and pillows. When I moved the bed skirt, not only did I find various stages of bed bugs (from nymph to adult), but there was a small child's toy (some sort of little green sword that looked like it lit up) and peanuts along the bottom of the bed closest to the bathroom.

I made sure my son and I both showered and shook out our clothing before we headed down stairs to report the bugs to the front desk. The reaction I received was very "ho-hum" and unapologetic, other than to offer to reimburse me. When I explained the room was booked on HHonors reward points, the front desk assistant (no idea what her name was as she had her shirt covering her tag) scowled her face the told me "She will have to do that when she gets in."

My husband has spoken with a Vickie, who insinuated I was lying about the bugs by stating the pest patrol they brought in can not find any evidence of them. Unfortunately for Vickie and the pest patrol, I took pictures. In the pictures you will see that there are various stages of growth, from larvae to adult. According to http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2105.html it can take up to 21 days for one to go from hatching to adult, so there is no way this hotel, or it's staff, did not know it had a problem. Clearly the problem has been there for quite a while.

6 Thank Jody D
Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation

Brooklyn, OH, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was a typical Hampton Inn on the older side and everything was fine with the except of a noisy airconditioner and being able to hear the people in the next room talking when I turned off the airconditioner.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you very much for the positive feedback on your most recent stay. I am glad to hear you loved the hotel. Although I was sorry to hear you had a noisy A.C. unit. We strive for excellent customer service in all of our staff members and a great product. I hope you will come back and visit us again soon. Again thank you for the great review and we will see you soon.

elkridge, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was looking for a hotel to rest after driving for about 8 hrs in slow traffic due to the weather, I saw the sign, and got off highway and was glad to know that a room was available. this is the third time in all my travels to be able to find the Hampton open and accommodating even late nite this location is nice because its right outside of the city,and parking was available too .I will be coming back to this Hampton again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, 3 July 2014

Chris Ellis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North
Cleveland Airport Marriott
Cleveland Airport Marriott
#15 of 38 in Cleveland
BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites Cleveland
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland...
#1 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd? Share your experiences!