“Sunday Family Visit”

Hooley House
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Visited on a Sunday night with a large group of family and friends. Overall it was a nice sports bar, a little more fancier than a BW3. Lots of TVs and sports items on the wall and it is was quite noisy as you might expect.

The menu was pretty extensive ranging from burgers, salads, wings, pizza and all types of sandwiches. They also have around 6 different mac-n-cheese bake dishes which looked and tasted very good. My wife had the chicken BBQ and she really liked it. I had a BBQ chicken wrap and it was good but a little small and light on the BBQ sauce. I also had their onion rings which were good but about average.

Our server was good and very polite and it seemed they had plenty of help. Our food was delivered in a quick manner without any problems. They had a large outdoor patio which seemed to be very popular when we were there. We enjoyed our visit and definitely return again someday.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Mac-n-cheese bakes are decadent. Had the corned beef and my co-worker had the taco bake. Second best mac-n-cheese I've ever had. Creamy and super cheesy! Would go back for if in the area again. Upscale sport's bar feel with lots of t.v's and decent drink prices.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

good sports bar, live entertainment, patio with fireplace. great macaroni bakes with a variety of mix ins. Nice selection of beer

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Nice sports bar.....normal sports bar prices. Lots of good things on the menu. I got a mushroom burger....and while it was a very good sandwich, I was slightly disappointed. (Ground Round....you have spoiled me....come back !!!!) I feel, they just need to use a high quality of beef. Everything else was fine. Hostess was friendly with lots of smiles as was our waitress. Food came very quickly. We were there for lunch before the lunch rush. Nice on the inside.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Got seated right away only to never get acknowledged - never saw a server for approx. 15 minutes but another couple was seated next to us and got their drink order taken immediately. We walked out and the funny thing was the hostess didn't even thank us for coming in or bid us a good night.