“Great Stay for Little money”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Buckeye Lake
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

It is shocking to me to read all of the reviews of this hotel. I came in late(around midnight) Thursday evening after a Long drive. I got an awesome rate for the night, and the King room I got was outstanding. The blankets and pillows were incredibly comfortable, and there was a mini-fridge. I was so impressed with the rate and hospitality of the clerk, (I believe his name was Ted) I went ahead and got the room for two more nights. Will stay here in the following years that I visit, for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We came here at 3:30 a.m. after our room at the Red Roof Inn fell through. Although the beds were made, and the towels looked clean, the room smelled of cigarettes. There were not any mattress covers on the mattresses. The blanket under the top blanket was hard and gross. There were stains on the floor. A stain on the bed. There were cigarrette holes in the sheets. The shower was old and stained. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smberte
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Good for a night or 2 if you don't need/want a lot of amenities.

Fairly quiet, even with the freeway close by (easy access to the freeway). Staff was friendly.

They did not have much for breakfast - toast, donut holes, OJ, coffee. All of it was kind of crammed in by the front desk even though they had a nice dining nook with plenty of room right off the lobby.

We had difficulty with the free wifi especially during "peak use" hours.

The shower had good pressure but the water never really got hot (lukewarm at best) even though it came out of the sink nice and hot.

I've had issues with housekeeping ignoring the Do Not Disturb sign on the door at other places - no one bothered us here which was very nice.

There are a few restaurants within a couple miles but nothing surprising (mostly pizza & fast food).

Buckeye Lake is a short drive, we didn't stay long but it seemed like a nice little lake.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Stayed here with family while passing through. If you want a comfortable room and little else, this is your place. The room was recently remodeled and nice. Exterior corridors are not my preference, but thats the way it is set up. The breakfast was a huge disappointment, the rate was cheap. And McDonalds is right next door. I think this hotel will get better.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We arrived and was unable to connect to their WiFi in room used it in the office the woman said no one else complained but we could not connect from 5 different devices. She explained what was going to be put out at breakfast. The next morning my children expected cereal as she said. Then she told us oh no we don't do that. Worst part is no hot water anywhere. New owners have not upgraded. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank n2froggie
Reviewed 9 November 2011

i have read and re read the reviews. and i have to admit i was sceptic, however i am on a budget. i stayed in the jacuzzi suite, and it was a great room. it has a kitchenette, a full couch, a chair a huge king sized bed. i didnt notice any noises, and the staff was friendly and professional. the new owners are turning it around, please give it another chance.

Room Tip: if you are looking for luxury rent the suite. they gave it to me for 3nights regular rate the 4th ni...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chelsea B
Reviewed 28 August 2011

cheap priced hotel and it looks that way- needs work and also overcharged me by 2 days, and if i didn't check my bank statement then they would've got add'l days out of me...........DON'T BOTHER IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO.......

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Superbird540

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge

Address: 10800 Hebron Rd, I-70 & State Route 79, Buckeye Lake, OH 43008-7712 (Formerly Super 8 Buckeye Lake)
Region: United States > Ohio > Buckeye Lake
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Buckeye Lake
Price Range: £43 - £64 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Econo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.