“Not Good”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Buckeye Lake
Dallas, Texas
“Not Good”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed here after a long drive and many other hotels were full between Columbus and Zainesville. Upon check in, I asked the front desk guy if the area was safe as I saw people in the parking lot, he assured me it was. When we got to the room ( about 11:30pm), the light in the bathroom was so dim, you couldn't even hardly see, The tub looked dirty and very thin towels. The mattresses were very old and the hotel in general was very outdated. I had to call 3 times to have them set up the WIFI, which never worked. I ended up getting up at 4:00am and telling my kids to pack their things and we were leaving because I couldn't stand the room or smell any longer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 508loris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fenton, Missouri
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Room 214 If my family and I were not completely exhausted at 1:15 a.m. and driving for hours on our way home from vacation with our 2 children we would have went back down to the office and left. Our room had a very foul smell to it and was very dirty. The carpet had stains ALL over it and the border at the baseboard was falling off. I had to get our blankets from the car to place on the beds because I felt that worried about theirs. I can't believe this hotel has any association with a major chain. Even with our AAA discount I feel robbed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Stl1Tony101

Travellers are raving about these Buckeye Lake hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 23 September 2013

ick, ick, ick - I won't stay at this hotel again even if it's free. I itched all weekend long (stayed three nights). The mattress on the bed was absolutely flat, the towel worn, the carpet on the floor nasty & unvacuumed (I wore socks the entire stay). There was nastiness accumulated in the corners of the bathroom floor. The room next to me had fleas - I heard the occupant ranting to the desk clerk.
This hotel is very outdated and really needs to be redone - cracks in the sink, nasty shower.
I paid $59/night thru Priceline.com - When I went to check in the desk person was giving deals. The person ahead of me got $45/night - the person behind me $49/night WHAT????
There was an event in the area so I couldn't get another room anywhere.
Listen to TripAdvisor reviews - I should have.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank genmarie2011
Marcellus, Michigan
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is absolutely among one of the worst Lodges we have ever stayed in. It was so smelly and all around BAD! We stayed 2 nights and went to the Mopar Nationals. First night we had 2 towels, the second night they made 1 of our beds and left the other one unmade. The clerk ask me if we had clothes on the bed and we did not because I always check and make sure my husband or kids do not leave anything on the beds. Also the second night we had 1 towel and half roll of tissue paper in the bathroom. The room smelled like DIRTY feet. We paid $289 for 2 nights which we did not mind if the rooms had only been half way clean! Beware... I think this hotel is run by foreigners and is nasty!! If it had been clean I wouldn't care who runs it but it was one of the WORST!! Our clothes smelled so bad it was horrible. I don't know what room these positive reviews stayed in but it definitely was not room 209! The continental breakfast was a joke, donut holes and toast!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! :-(
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kolly2013
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I made this reservation through priceline.com After driving all day from Eastern Pennsylvania, we are tired. The room is clean, smells fresh, not in the least bit stale. Towels are nice and white and new. There are mattress covers on the beds, 2 doubles. The blanket is old, but looks clean. WI FI is free, but I use my own hot spot because it is secure, unlike the motels. Man at the desk was courteous and told me there is a beautiful lake a half mile down the road. All I know is if you have driven all day on the Turnpike with discourteous and aggressive drivers, this place is just fine. No trucks, quiet, clean, and I will sleep well before hitting that dog eat dog road again tomorrow to Missouri.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

It is shocking to me to read all of the reviews of this hotel. I came in late(around midnight) Thursday evening after a Long drive. I got an awesome rate for the night, and the King room I got was outstanding. The blankets and pillows were incredibly comfortable, and there was a mini-fridge. I was so impressed with the rate and hospitality of the clerk, (I believe his name was Ted) I went ahead and got the room for two more nights. Will stay here in the following years that I visit, for sure.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We came here at 3:30 a.m. after our room at the Red Roof Inn fell through. Although the beds were made, and the towels looked clean, the room smelled of cigarettes. There were not any mattress covers on the mattresses. The blanket under the top blanket was hard and gross. There were stains on the floor. A stain on the bed. There were cigarrette holes in the sheets. The shower was old and stained. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
#1 of 3 in Pickerington
Holiday Inn Express Newark-Heath

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!