“Perfect”

Frainçais
“Perfect”
Reviewed 10 October 2009

This hotel is perfect.
I regret, however, that there is no price reduction when staying more than 2 or 3 nights!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ohio
Reviewed 24 December 2008

We enjoyed our experience at The Red Maple Inn. I booked a corner room with fireplace as a surprise for my boyfriend. When we pulled up with found a very nice small hotel with country charm. It is listed as a B&B and I would say it seems to be a very private hotel rather than a "house" styled B&B. This appealed to us as we often like to feel alone together rather than visit with other guests, which is why we hesitate to go to traditional B&Bs with a shared breakfast table. Red Maple allows us the privacy we like, but also has a personal feeling.

The staff was excellent, the rooms were clean and nice. We were able to open the windows which was really a nice touch to get fresh air into the room. The fireplace gave off intense heat! The city of Burton is very charming and we were so excited to see how close the Red Maple is, walking distance to little antique stores and unique shops. A perfect place for a fall trip in Amish Country.

The only setback we found is that in comparison to other places we have stayed we found we got more for the price at other locations. Red Maple is a tad more expensive than I would prefer for what they offer. But if you're looking for a place to stay in Burton this is definately the place, you won't be disappointed! We had no other complaints about this location!

We will visit again.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed 23 June 2008

My husband took me to this Inn as a surprise, and what a surprise it was! I loved every minute. The staff was friendly, the room was beautiful, and the view from our balcony was breathtaking. We had a corner room w/fireplace and balcony, which I recommend. We enjoyed the game room in the basement, which we had all to ourselves. We played pool and ping-pong for a good 2 hours! We also enjoyed the wine and appetizers. I loved that there was fresh coffee at all times; even 9:30 in the evening. Breakfast was great with real maple syrup and the thickest bacon I have ever had. I highly recommend this for a romantic get-away. I also recommend the Bass Lake Tavern in Chardon for dinner. Wonderful food!

• Liked — The room was beautiful, and the staff was great.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank StacyMMc
ohio
Reviewed 29 May 2008

We arrived on Sat the 17th. There were cookies after we checked in. In the room we had the wonderful candy that someone said they missed. We attended the wine and cheese at 5. There were also warm meatballs. There are 17 rooms so it is almost like a small hotel. Our room was perfect. It looked like it had been redecorated. Our breakfast was very nice. It was scrambled eggs(which are not my favorite) but the bacon was thick and very good. There was fresh fruit and breads. The view from the breakfast room is beautiful and relaxing.

• Liked — quiet and beautiful
  • Disliked — the weather could have been better
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gloseashore
salem, ohio
Reviewed 22 March 2007

This is such wonderful place to stay! I cannot say enough how clean the room was, very comfortable beds and even chocolates in the room to enjoy too! And you can't beat the wonderful jacuzzi tub...there's one in every room:) A great way to end a long day! Everything was just wonderful..The staff was so pleasant, and the breakfast that was included was great too. I can't believe how nice everything was and I definitely feel I received more than my money's worth. I will recommend the Red Maple to everyone...it's superbly clean, quiet, comfortable, quaint and once again...for the price, you can't beat what you get...its great. Enjoy! I am looking forward to returning soon.

• Liked — all the extra details that make you feel like you are in a really great place
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank mgru
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burton
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Best Western Park Hotel

Been to Red Maple Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!