Comfort Inn
Southgate Hotel(Cambridge)
Excellent 5/5
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfront deskaward winninga long day's driveroom was immaculately cleansmall dogmy home away from homelemon waterexcellent place to staytour busyogurtthe hotel managerstay there againbreakfast optionsroad tripcracker barreleastern ohiothe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Was traveling thru ohio and need a place to stay for the night. Most hotels in cambridge only had 2 win beds in the rooms. Stopped by Comfort Inn and they had a room with 2 queens. Rooms were clean and the ppl were very freindly. The hotel had a great breakfast, which is a plus when you have 2 adults and 3 kids with you. The only downside is that the hot tub was broke, however, the pool was open till midnight. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2011

This hotel has the worst customer service front desk agents. Trying to get any help is impossible. Even from the GM at the hotel who did not want to come in to handle the situation.
Think your going to a place that follows the Ohio Law on smoking wrong this hotel totally violates this law. The front desk agent was even smoking in the hallway outside the office. I have been in the travel bussiness for along time please follow my advise you don't want to stay here. If you want something nice in the area stay at the Baymont Hotel a block town the street. They are a nice clean hotel with a pool and great great customer service.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2010

My friend & I were doing a girlfriend's getaway, and this hotel was convenient to The Wilds, John Glenn home, a nostalgic trip back to her alma mater Muskingum College, Boyd's Crystal Art Glass, some antique stores, and the Fri. farmers' market, so we found plenty to do.

The room decor is a bit dated cranberry & dark green, and our bedspread was showing wear. We were pleased to find that the sink was outside the bathroom, as this makes it easier for 2 women getting ready. It was convenient to have the microwave and fridge. One day it appeared as though our room wasn't vacuumed, since the crumbs from the previous night's snack were still on the carpet. The beds were comfortable, and other than some thumps in the hall and above, the hotel wasn't noisy, but of course this varies with the clientele.

The continental breakfast inluded all the items usual to Comfort, plus a warm pot of sausage gravy. We returned to the hotel on Weds.afternoon just as they were setting up the manager's complimentary weekly reception. The spread of wrap sandwiches, finger veg, chips, cheese dip, pop & beer was sufficient to call a light meal since we'd had our main meal of the day earlier.

Overall we were pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I travelled to Cambridge for weekend work. The hotel is exceptional for the price (around $90/night). The room was spacious and clean. The bathrooms the same. No real frills as it's a Comfort inn. The exercise room has a couple of bikes, no real weights to speak of. I'd say the location is not so great but there really isn't much to do in Cambridge period. It is located very close to the major highway so I guess that's a plus. There is also a Ruby Tuesdays across the street that is convenient for dinner (not much else in this town)

The only complaint that I had is that the front desk clerk seemed to have no idea on how to help me schedule a fed ex pick up for the day I was leaving. I could have done it myself but I really did not have enough confidence in him to leave my package there.

Overall a very nice, quiet stay with no frills.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Our Farm Bureau group stayed here while vacationing in the Cambridge area. Rooms were clean and comfortable, staff were very accommodating and friendly. Enjoyed the Inn and the stay. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends