Colonel Taylor Inn B&B
US$100
US$92
US$106
Hotels.com
Quality Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$85
Agoda.com
US$68
TripAdvisor
All reviewsold victorianrose roomone nightcommon areascarolmansionfireplaceguests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 December 2010

The Colonel Taylor Mansion has been beautifully restored with incredible attention to every detail. The wood work is gorgeous and the rooms are elegant. We felt honored at the chance to stay in this magnificent home. The rooms are spacious with private baths, the beds are very comfortable and and Jim and Patricia besides being very welcoming hosts, serve an awesome breakfast!

We stayed just one night to celebrate Mom's birthday after enjoying a day visiting the Dicken's Christmas Village in Cambridge. But I look forward to a chance to stay at this B&B again anytime of the year.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank M J
Reviewed 7 December 2008

We visited Cambridge to see the Dickens Village display. It snowed all day, Cambridge was lovely, and the whole Victorian Christmas theme was beautifully topped off with a stay at the Colonel Taylor Inn. Everywhere your eyes land you appreciate the care and attention to detail that Patricia and Jim Irvin put into their home. The house is absolutely gorgeous, even more so dressed for the holidays with incredible decorations. The food and service was the very best, Patricia and Jim are excellent hosts, the room was very, very nice and wonderfully comfortable on a snowy night with the fireplace adding to the atmosphere. Our stay at this B & B couldn't have been any better! Terrific!!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KB424
Reviewed 1 September 2008

On June 20th I left NY walking across america for children with cancer. In July I had reached Ohio, at Cambridge my wife was calling around to find me a place to sleep for a night( She was in NJ!). She told me she found a B&B that would give me a nights stay as a donation to my cause. How much did I like it? It's Where I'm taking my wife for our 20th anniversary this Oct. 24th, 2008!!!

The people were fantastic, The House; One of the most beautiful I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot! I can't wait for my wife to find this unexpected wonderfulness as I did!

The bathroom had a fireplace!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank prestonbarden
Reviewed 26 August 2008

We stayed at this beautiful B & B for one night in July. It's located in a pretty residential area a half-mile or so from downtown Cambridge. It has ample off street parking, unlike many B & B's we've visited in residential areas. The house is pretty on the outside, but the highlight is the interior with its masterful Victorian woodworking. It's truly a house museum. Our room was spacious and comfortable, and the breakfast was gourmet (well above average for a B & B, and we've stayed at 50+ B & B's).

With advance notice, the owners will cook a gourmet dinner for you, and I would recommend this, as there don't seem to be any eclectic, high quality places to eat in Cambridge. The hospitality here was very good---in fact, when I left a pair of shoes there, the owner shipped them to my house, and wouldn't accept a reimbursement of the shipping cost.

Cambridge is near the intersection of I-77 and !-70, so this B & B makes a nice stay if you're just passing through (not a whole lot to do in Cambridge per se).

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank lchjr
Reviewed 7 April 2008

We stayed at this beautiful B&B during the Christmas Holidays. Our hosts, Jim & Patricia Irvin are wonderful attentive innkeepers. The Victorian home was decked out for the season. This would be an incedible place to stay any time of the year.
We had family in the area and we did not want to stay in a hotel. The breakfast each morning was fabulous. Next time we visit the family, we will be staying there.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family