“friendly and clean!”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
los angeles
“friendly and clean!”
Reviewed 27 June 2008

This was an excellent example of a well-run Hampton Inn.
Check in was easy, and the cookies were great, room was clean and location easy to find. In the morning, my husband, who is disabled, was helped by a nice woman working the breakfast area who made sure he got everything he needed. We got easy directions to the wildlife conservation experience place called "The Wilds" (www.thewilds.org ---highly recommended for everyone!) and enjoyed our stay. We had a fridge and microwave in our room, free breakfast, free parking, free internet, and used the clean laundry room by buying a small box of Tide for $2.00 from the little convienience store they have there. A nice place!

• Liked — clean, well-run
  • Disliked — passed by the entrance at first--no direct signage
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hanlgt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Carver, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 February 2008

Stayed here last week while on business. This was my second stay at this hotel I stayed here a year ago when the hotel was brand new.
They keep this property up very well. The rooms were clean and the lobby was clean. This is a very good Hampton Inn and I would stay here again when in the area.

• Liked — Clean and well maintained
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
Cedarville, WV
Reviewed 14 October 2007

Got there late and had to leave early. Registration was quick and painless. Got situated in the room and needed some items and the night manager knew exactly where to go. I'd ordered flowers from a local florist to be delivered and placed in the room, as a surprise and they were there, just like the hotel had agreed. The king-sized bed was VERY comfortable and I had an excellent night's sleep. Had to leave early and didn't get to sample the breakfast but it looked great. Needed directions to a local attraction (The Wilds which was also great!) and the night manager was very helpful in providing directions. Lisa, the night manager was very helpful and her help allowed us to get to our event on time. Way to go , Lisa! I have other business in Cambridge in the future and I will certainly stay there.

• Liked — pleasant, helpful staff
  • Disliked — My stay was too short.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SkipCedarville_WV
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 24 September 2007

You can see the hotel from the highway but once you wind your way up the hill to it, you are far away from the highway and the rather drab town. We were heading home to Virginia from Chicago and this was a perfect halfway point. Very cheerful and friendly staff who really seemed to care about the guests. They gave me excellent directions to a decent Chinese restaurant, worried about my going out in a blinding rainstorm. And the chocolate chip cookies on the counter were warm, fresh from the oven! It really felt cozy and safe.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank RdTripMom
LouPooch
Reviewed 7 August 2007

Like all Hamptons, you can't beat the free breakfast. The rooms were clean but the rooms were small. The price was fair and the location was great (across the street from a T stop).

• Liked — free breakfast
  • Disliked — small bathroom
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LouPooch
Netherlands
Reviewed 3 August 2007

This Hampton is situated on a sort of hill and is very close by the Highway. We could see it but we found it also somewhat difficult to find the entrance (you have to use the entrance with the sign for the Super 8). We didn’t book in advance and I walked in to ask for a room. There were 3 women behind the desk and they were all very friendly and welcoming. They still had a room available and I checked in.

It was a very hot day and I sat next to our luggage waiting for my husband who parked the car. One of the front desk employees brought me a glass of ice-cold water, very thoughtful and very appreciated. She also said that freshly baked cookies would be ready soon. There was coffee and tea available in the lobby (and of course in the room as well).

Our room was great, with the top-quality bed and sheets, a good comfortable chair, a work desk with chair and a microwave and refrigerator.

The business center is a separate room and can be opened with the room key; it has two computers free for use. There is also a small suite shop and a quest laundry.

The breakfast was very good, it was busy but everything was well stocked with many items to choose from. For instance a good fruit salad and very tasty hot items. There was a nice woman working there, the only item that was missing were green tea bags. She apologized and said that they were ordered. Some time later when we left, she came to me and presented me some green tea bags. They had just come in and she remembered me asking. I think this is great class and all that costumer service what I encountered in those two days combined with good quality rooms and the nice breakfast makes this Hampton a great hotel.

• Liked — The service and attention of the staff is outstanding
  • Disliked — Nothing, it was an enjoyable stay
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BA-traveler
Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2007

We stayed at this hotel twice in 2007. Once on Memorial Day weekend and the other in June on the way to NJ.

This is a great hotel: very friendly staff, clean rooms, nice decorations and aesthetics, comfortable seating in the breakfast room, good breakfast, nice pool, etc.

The beds are extremely comfortable and the pillows are excellent. The showers have good pressure and the bathrooms are clean.

We brought a bike up with us on Memorial Day weekend and they allowed us to store it behind the front desk area.

I used the treadmill and it was good, I liked that the TV was loud and I didn’t have to use earphones. We also used the business center and the computers.

Our only complaint, and it is minor, is that the gym is not 24 hour. Also, it is easy to miss the turn INTO the hotel. They share the same entrance as the Super 8 and the Hampton Inn does not mark the entrance. However, these are very minor complaints.

• Liked — Comfortable beds, comfortable showers, lots of lighting, location, nice showers
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family