“Nice Oasis”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The staff were very helpful in recommending a restaurant and the motel was very clean. Lots of places to eat in the area for not being close to a major city. Comfortable beds and clean bathrooms. I would stay here again if necessary and I recommend the Greek Restaurant just over the hill.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
marjoriebucci, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Cambridge! Thank you also for taking your time to write such a kind and complimentary review!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Cambridge

Reviewed 22 November 2013

My partner and I stayed at Hampton Inn last night for an early morning meeting.We arrived later than expected. We expected the dull, dreary, vampire type of midnight staff. What we were greeted with was the exact opposite. The two ladies working the front desk last night were cheerful, helpful, and kind. My partner is the type of person to ask a million questions about nothing and they answered each and every one with enthusiasm. When we finally made it to our room, I noticed I had forgotten my cell phone charger. I had resolved to go to some local store in the morning to get a new charger. As I was showering my partner called the front desk to find the closest store and explained what I needed. They told him he didn't need to as they have a box of cables and cords left by previous guests. They stated that they have a policy of keeping forgotten items for 3 months in case someone calls to claim their items. They offer FedEx shipping of the lost and found items (at the owner's expense). If after 3 months no one has claimed the item, they will either get rid of it or keep it in a box for future guests. So I went down to the front desk and they had the box out, sorting the cables so I could find the one I needed with ease. After joking for a few minutes, I returned to my room. That's when I discovered the bed...This thing was amazing! We had a double queen room. Normally I sleep on a tempurpedic with memory foam pillows. I am certain the beds they have are not memory foam but I'll tell you, I melted into it and was asleep in no time. It was probably the most comfortable I had been in a hotel in a long time.

The only downside to the room we had was the lack of exhaust fan in the bathroom. I am a smoker and my partner is not. I chose to smoke in the bathroom to reduce the overall offending odors. I would have preferred an exhaust fan to help clear the smoke. I would have normally given them a 4 star rating because of this but the fact that they saved my wallet and trip with the charging cable, I gave them the full 5 stars.

We did not order room service or check out the local restaurants. This hotel is located right off I-70 West in Cambridge so the majority of "restaurants" are in fact fast food.

We stayed on the 4th floor which had vending machines and ice right by the elevator. I imagine they have all the smoking rooms in the area I was in however I couldn't tell. Even when we walked into the room, we had a hard time figuring out if we had actually received a smoking room. The only tell tale sign was the ashtrays with matchbooks in them.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

We hope that we can continue to see you and your family enjoying the Hampton Inn Cambridge! We love having you here!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Have stayed at this location many times,rooms are always clean and comfortable, staff always very helpful and friendly.We always stay here when business or pleasure takes us to Cambridge. Great hotel to visit for a midwinter get away,and a visit to downtown Cambridge which only about 5 minutes away. The court house light show in Nov and Dec is wonderful, Dickens character on main st interesting also. Visit Cambridge Ohio and stay at the Hampton

Reviewed 13 November 2013

After an unfortunate stay in a substandard hotel the night before, we were relieved to check in to the Hampton in Cambridge, Ohio on a recent trip. This is a top end hotel in the mid range category where you don't get many amenities (no room service, no pillow menu, no spa) but the price is right and the accommodations are clean and comfy.

I am not a huge fan of free lobby breakfasts but this one was displayed nicely and had many categories of breakfast snacks. The lobby is modern and attractive with a friendly desk staff.

Hwy 70 can be depressing and tedious. This is a nice break for the traveler.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
marjoriebucci, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Cambridge. Thank you also for taking your time to write such a nice letter!

We are getting ready to roll out new breakfast items including fresh cut fruit! We will have freshly cut cantaloupe, pineapple, and mango! Our turkey links, cheese omelets, scrambles eggs, hard boiled eggs are all getting a fat reduction! We are also getting "2 bite" danish and other items that look and sound very appealing!

We do hope that you come back and stay with us again soon. We love having you here!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hapton Inn Cambridge

Reviewed 12 November 2013

When traveling to Ohio, take advantage of a stay at the Cambridge Hampton, you will not regret it. Wonderful place, service, room,and staff. Lobby is perfect to gather with friends, have the wonderrul breakfast. Thanks

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Cambridge. Thank you also for taking your time to write such a complimentary review!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The Hampton Inn in Cambridge, OH was very clean, modern and cozy. We stayed in our room one night playing cards and eating pizza with friends and had plenty of space to do this. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the area!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
marjoriebucci, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Week-end Getaway,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Cambridge! Thank you also for taking your time to write such a wonderful review! We are so glad that you could relax and enjoy your friends in your guest room.

We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon! We love having you here!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

We were driving from Md to Mo and happened onto this Hampton Inn! This place was clean. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was fantastic ! It was large the bed was really comfortable. We have to go back to Md. Again shortly and will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Cambridge. Thank you also for taking your time to write such a nice review!

Happy thanksgiving!