“comfortable stay”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
A TripAdvisor Member
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The hotel is nice, staff are friendly....just ask for a back room if road noise bothers you....nice pool....breakfast nook is nice, the breakfast food was nice....rooms are clean and comfortable with nice bedding

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
marjoriebucci, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Cambridge! Thank you also for taking your time to write such a nice letter!

We do hope that you come back and stay with us again.

Happy Holidays!

marjorie bucci

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Cambridge

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We had a pleasant stay at this Hampton. It was located in an area that was a nice stopping point for us. I would recommend this hotel, although it was a bit more expensive than I would have estimated for its location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
marjoriebucci, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Hi!

Thank you for taking your time to write sucy a nice review. We appreciate it! I am sorry that you felt our rate was high! For this area of Southeastern Ohio, it really is low! Our area had been blessed with a steady stream of soldout nights, and most of the hotels in this area charge much more than we do, or about the same rate for less quality!

We hope that you have a wonderful holiday season, and a fantastic new year!

Kindest Regards,

marjorie bucci

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Having stayed at the Cambridge Hampton Inn on numerous occasions, I found my most recent stay on Nov. 27th to be of the same quality and enjoyment. A recent upgrade of their breakfast/lounge area has been a big plus. The room was clean, and the pool area was the same with plenty of towels available. My family and I stay at this Hampton Inn about every 4 to 6 months.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
marjoriebucci, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

We hope that we can continue to see you and your family enjoying the Hampton Inn Cambridge! We love having you here!

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel was great! We needed a rest during our travels and this hotel delivered. It was a bit pricey at first but after we saw the room and everything that went with our accommodations we couldn't be prouder.

I use this hotel experience as a baseline for all my five star reviews!

Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Cambridge! Thank you also for taking your time to write such a kind and complimentary review! i can't think of a nicer thing to say than you are still talking about the quality of your stay a year later!

A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The staff were very helpful in recommending a restaurant and the motel was very clean. Lots of places to eat in the area for not being close to a major city. Comfortable beds and clean bathrooms. I would stay here again if necessary and I recommend the Greek Restaurant just over the hill.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

My partner and I stayed at Hampton Inn last night for an early morning meeting.We arrived later than expected. We expected the dull, dreary, vampire type of midnight staff. What we were greeted with was the exact opposite. The two ladies working the front desk last night were cheerful, helpful, and kind. My partner is the type of person to ask a million questions about nothing and they answered each and every one with enthusiasm. When we finally made it to our room, I noticed I had forgotten my cell phone charger. I had resolved to go to some local store in the morning to get a new charger. As I was showering my partner called the front desk to find the closest store and explained what I needed. They told him he didn't need to as they have a box of cables and cords left by previous guests. They stated that they have a policy of keeping forgotten items for 3 months in case someone calls to claim their items. They offer FedEx shipping of the lost and found items (at the owner's expense). If after 3 months no one has claimed the item, they will either get rid of it or keep it in a box for future guests. So I went down to the front desk and they had the box out, sorting the cables so I could find the one I needed with ease. After joking for a few minutes, I returned to my room. That's when I discovered the bed...This thing was amazing! We had a double queen room. Normally I sleep on a tempurpedic with memory foam pillows. I am certain the beds they have are not memory foam but I'll tell you, I melted into it and was asleep in no time. It was probably the most comfortable I had been in a hotel in a long time.

The only downside to the room we had was the lack of exhaust fan in the bathroom. I am a smoker and my partner is not. I chose to smoke in the bathroom to reduce the overall offending odors. I would have preferred an exhaust fan to help clear the smoke. I would have normally given them a 4 star rating because of this but the fact that they saved my wallet and trip with the charging cable, I gave them the full 5 stars.

We did not order room service or check out the local restaurants. This hotel is located right off I-70 West in Cambridge so the majority of "restaurants" are in fact fast food.

We stayed on the 4th floor which had vending machines and ice right by the elevator. I imagine they have all the smoking rooms in the area I was in however I couldn't tell. Even when we walked into the room, we had a hard time figuring out if we had actually received a smoking room. The only tell tale sign was the ashtrays with matchbooks in them.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Have stayed at this location many times,rooms are always clean and comfortable, staff always very helpful and friendly.We always stay here when business or pleasure takes us to Cambridge. Great hotel to visit for a midwinter get away,and a visit to downtown Cambridge which only about 5 minutes away. The court house light show in Nov and Dec is wonderful, Dickens character on main st interesting also. Visit Cambridge Ohio and stay at the Hampton