“Reviewed last year ”

Hampton Inn Cambridge
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here several times since my last review of this property.
Simply put, they do a lot things right here.
It is a higher priced stay but it's the area, supply and demand. This is not the hotels fault.
I think the room rate and the lack of personality by another desk clerk that normally sets the tone and expectations to the highest levels.
Not the case this stay, Steven checked me in fast and friendly (nice job).
This was the first time I have ever been recognized as a Diamond HH member at this the property (offer of perks).
I have received the letter on the bed before but the interaction at check in sets the tone for the stay.
My rooms have always been clean and comfortable. Never once have I had a issue with cleanliness here.
The property is right off the exit and there is also plenty of chain restaurants situated around it.
There is a lot of hotel construction in the area including a IHG property. The rates in the area should drop slightly very soon.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
marjoriebucci, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Again, thank you for such a nice review, and contacting me personally.

marjorie

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Nice hotel, but a little pricey compared to other brand name hotels we all know, but it definitely has the Hampton consisteny that I am used to. I know I can count on that anytime. About five minutes from downtown Cambridge.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
marjoriebucci, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you again for the nice letter.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

One of the more clean and tidy Hamptons I have stayed at in the past. Still has a somewhat new feel to it. Front office staff is wonderful, and the little shop near the lobby is great for snacks or a small meal if needed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
marjoriebucci, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Cambridge! Thank you for writing such a nice review!

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I recently stayed here overnight while on a business trip. The hotel is super clean, very quiet and has a great complimentary breakfast. There are restaurants within close proximity and getting to the interstate only takes a few turns. I would definitely stay here again. The complimentary breakfast seemed to be a big hit, there were quite a few people taking advantage of it. Fruit, yogurt, pastries, mini omelets, canadian bacon---a very good selection.
I have stayed in other Hampton Inns but this seemed to be one of the nicer ones--very friendly staff, very well maintained building.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
marjoriebucci, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Cambridge. Thank you also for taking your time to write such a wonderful review!

We have a great team here and it is wonderful when they get recognized for doing such a great job!

We hope you come back and stay with us again, soon! We love having you here!

Hampton Inn Cambridge

Reviewed 4 January 2014

State and city room and other taxes, especially city taxes are outrageous. Room rate is high compared to other Hampton Inns we have stayed in. If you can, avoid Cambridge as the city is out to gouge visitors with ridiculous taxes.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
marjoriebucci, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Cambridge! Thank you also for taking your time to complete such a nice review!

We are sorry about the tax rate which I did fight to no avail.

Our rates are lower than any Hampton on I-70 from Zanesville to Washington, PA, and we are the newest by years! Locally all the propeerties, again, decades older, charge from 109.00-124.99.

We do hope that you come back and stay with us again! We love having you here!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is my second time staying at this Hampton. Both times were for business. The first time, I was just at Silver status, now I'm at Diamond status. However, the way I was treated today, I might as well have been the salt stuck to the bottom of somebody's snow boots.

I was not acknowledged as a Diamond member, even after I told that to the clerk. I was just given my keys with a "here you go...next..." attitude. I asked if I could have my complimentary bottle of water and it was given to me. No goodie bag, no thank you for staying with us, no nothing.

I had come in with a big group of people and it was a little rowdy during the check-in process, so I went down after an hour or so to get a cup of tea and ask what the protocol was for Diamond members and whether they get a goodie bag or what. The clerk explained that yes, that usually does happen when the afternoon staff is getting the keys together for the reserved guests, they look up each reservation's rewards preferences and notate that on the keys so that the clerk can give the appropriate reward. I said that the way my reservation was made, the person making the reservation did not give my HHonors Reward number so the afternoon staff didn't prepare my reward for me.

Awkward silence...

At this point a clerk, with a clue, would have said, "I'm terribly sorry you didn't get your reward. Let me look up your account." and proceed to take care of me and treat me as a welcomed guest. She just looked at me with a deer in the headlights look. I wasn't about to beg for the mini chocolate bar or bag of popcorn. These people clearly had no idea what to do so I just walked away. She said, "I'm sorry, ma'am, I don't know what you're saying." I told her to never mind the issue, I'd just take care of it with this review. Hopefully, there is a manager with a clue who can train their staff on how to treat ALL guest (rewards members or not) as VALUED guests.

Now, understand, I am a traveling consultant...I am a road warrior. I am on the road 75-80% of the time. The only perk to these hard earned days and miles is sometimes an upgraded room or free bottle of water. Since October 1st, I have spent a total of 9 weeks at a Hilton property. Eight of those weeks were at my regular Hampton Inn in Mason, OH. When I go there, they greet me with a big smile and enthusiasm. I am treated as a valued guest, acknowledged for being a loyal member, given my little treat bag and asked if I'd like a wake-up call in the morning. I'm not asking for something I haven't earned. Hilton came up with the rewards program, I'm just using it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Laurice H

Hello,

Thank you for staying at the hampton Inn Cambridge! Thank you also for being a loyal Hhonors member.

I am so sorry that you got off on the wrong foot with Tiffany at check-in. You are 100% correct with the protocol and treatment of all guests, and a special nod to our diamond members.

Tiffany did leave a two page note expressing the incident. Since the reservation wasn't under your name, the most important thing that they wanted to do was make sure your room was under your name, that it was changed correctly, and that you received your points for this stay.

Many of our gold and diamond members don't want the snack, just the water. Tiffany thought you asked for a water, and that Jerry got a water for you. When you came back down for tea, Tiffany thought you again asked if we gave diamond members water. The 'deer in the headlights" look was genuine.

Tiffany even said that she made an effort to understand what you wanted, and you told her you would just take this route. I am very sorry. I do believe that it was a misunderstanding and that she didn't hear you say snack.

I hope the rest of your stay and that your business went well. We really do want all of our guests to feel welcome.

marjorie

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel after Christmas for one night on our way to Canton, OH to visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It was right at the intersection of two major highways and was about an hour outside of Canton. Main reasons we picked the Hampton Inn was the location and overall positive reviews on Trip Advisor. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly. We literally only slept there and had breakfast, that was it. So I am not sure how nice the pool or fitness center were. It was nice to be in Queen sized beds after spending two nights in double beds a different hotel. The room and bathroom were nice, nothing special, but updated. We had breakfast the next morning, which had a bunch of warm options. Not great, but a good breakfast. Only complaint I have that keeps this from an excellent stay is the hotel overall is a bit pricey for its location out in the middle of nowhere in Ohio. Maybe because its the only decent hotel is why they charge so much. If it was a better value I might have given it an excellent rating.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Cambridge! Thank you also for taking your time to write such a nice review!

Our property is the least expensive Hampton on I-70 from Zanesville, OH to Washington, PA!
As far as the other hotel properties in Cambridge, they charge almost the same as we do.

We do hope that you come back and stay with us again! We love having you here!