“From Excellent to Very Good”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Mechanicsburg, United States
“From Excellent to Very Good”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

At one time an Excellent Hotel has slipped to just a very good hotel. But I am holding out hope that Bobbi Williams and Staff can bring the Hampton Inn Cambridge back to its prior level of excellence.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Thank DR. Charles R. W
marjoriebucci, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cambridge, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
We are very sorry that you did not have the best stay. We continually work to make certain that all of our guests have a pleasant experience here. Thank you for the compliments for Bobbi. she does a great job!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

1st let me say we r from Cambridge and had traveled back home for a funeral. Stayed at the hampton and the new hampton shad become my favorite place to stay. Well not this one! Floors were filthy, room was small and the shower was very disappointing. We were there in the winter and you needed to wear your hat and gloves in the elevator. It was a beautiful area but with all the fracking going on this hotel caters to them. Big trucks parked in the best spots though they didn't seem to be moved for days since they were covered with snow and ice. Was very uncomfortable in this hampton didn't want to go out of the room at night.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Missmymts
marjoriebucci, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cambridge, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
We are very sorry that you were unhappy with your stay at the Hampton Inn Cambridge. We just received this on Easter week-end, but it appears that you stayed during the winter.

We are very sorry that you felt unsafe. We have 18 security cameras that record all movement on all 4 floors and all entrances and exits.

Working to keep the hallways and stairwell clean is very challenging to our housekeeping team, and most often they do receive compliments. I am sorry that wasn't the case for you.

general Manager
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was making a long journey in my car and realized somewhere between Dayton and Columbus that I wouldn't be able to go much farther. I quickly looked up some options while at a rest stop and decided on Cambridge. I've stayed at Hampton Inns before and have found them consistently nice - this one was no exception. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly. Perfect for a quiet night's rest. My room faced the interstate and I never heard a thing. Not a ton of food options around, but I was only there about 10 hours.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Deat Pleased Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the hampton Inn Cambridge! Thank you also for taking your time to complete the guest satisfaction and loyalty tracking form. We really appreciate your kind words and compliments!

We hope you come back and stay with us again soon! We love having you here!

kindest Regards,

Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 5 years. As with each time, we found the hotel to be very clean and in good shape. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. It is a great location just off of I-70 and near I-77.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

marjoriebucci, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cambridge, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Cambridge! Thank you
also for taking your time to write such a complimentary review!

We hope that you will continue coming back and staying with us! We love having you here!

Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Newly refurnished hotel, right off the highway. Close to decent restaurants. (forum, bob evens, ruby Tuesdays.) The breakfast was okay most days, have had better at the Hilton family. Clean rooms and good staff. Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

marjoriebucci, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cambridge, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you again for your fantastic review!
Covington, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This hotel is remarkable for its two star rating. The property and grounds are clean and well maintained, The room was clean and comfortable. The bath/shower was perhaps more that one would expect from a two star. The bed was comfortable and the large LED HD television a nice touch. Staff were welcoming and efficient. The free breakfast was OK, the operative word being free. Yes, the rate is a bit steep, but the alternatives in Cambridge are not particularly attractive. Tip: I would avoid the McDonalds in Cambridge. Definitely "third world".

Room Tip: For a better nights sleep ask for a room in the rear of the property. Front rooms face I-71.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
marjoriebucci, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cambridge, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Hello,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Cambridge! Thank you for taking your time to write a nice review!

I am a little confused about the 2 star rating you refer to in your letter. If you can fill me please, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Happy Spring!

marjorie
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here several times since my last review of this property.
Simply put, they do a lot things right here.
It is a higher priced stay but it's the area, supply and demand. This is not the hotels fault.
I think the room rate and the lack of personality by another desk clerk that normally sets the tone and expectations to the highest levels.
Not the case this stay, Steven checked me in fast and friendly (nice job).
This was the first time I have ever been recognized as a Diamond HH member at this the property (offer of perks).
I have received the letter on the bed before but the interaction at check in sets the tone for the stay.
My rooms have always been clean and comfortable. Never once have I had a issue with cleanliness here.
The property is right off the exit and there is also plenty of chain restaurants situated around it.
There is a lot of hotel construction in the area including a IHG property. The rates in the area should drop slightly very soon.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Again, thank you for such a nice review, and contacting me personally.

marjorie