“Sparkling Clean, and Brand New”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cambridge
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Lovely property easily accessed off either I-77 or I-70 and adjacent to many good restaurants. Set back from highway noise, this is a new hotel with comfort and value high on their priority list. Staff upgraded me without my even requesting. Breakfast was large, hot, and delicious. This will be my new destination while traveling in east central Ohio.

Room Tip: High, even numbered top floor rooms put you furthest away from highway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SaintVitas
Mark H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

I am thrilled that you found your stay at our hotel to be so enjoyable. We definitely try our best to be as accommodating to each guest as possible, and I'm glad that you were able to experience that. Guest satisfaction and comfort are certainly at the top of our priority list, and reviews like this make it so worthwhile.

Thank you for the excellent review and we truly appreciate your loyalty. We'll see you the next time you are stopping through!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for work. Have to share rooms with someone on the opposite shift because of 24 hour operations. Cleaning staff did an awesome job at coordinating cleaning times to where sleep was never interrupted. Entire staff was very friendly! Breakfast was good. Beds were the most comfortable I've ever had in a hotel and I live in hotels. Very attractive staff too ;)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jason S

Thank you for the review and compliments. We try our very best to work with guests to make sure you receive both the service we promise, and the comfort you seek. I am glad you have found us to be so accommodating and friendly.

If you find yourself in the area again, we hope to see you back!

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I booked one night at this hotel, and requested to check in early, as we had a wedding to attend. We got there at 1 PM, about 2 hours before regular check in time. They had us in a beautiful room already, no problem. I will be going back! The staff was friendly, the breakfast was spot on. The pool and hot tub were wonderful.
The Internet and phone lines had even been out all day, but you couldn't see any frustration from the staff. Wonderful ladies!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Victoria B

Thank you for the sparkling review! It is always a priority to accommodate guests and their requests, and I'm very happy that we were able to do so for you. I'm also thrilled that you were able to enjoy our great indoor pool and spa, as well as the breakfast (which certainly offers a great start to anyone's day).

I will pass on the compliments to the staff, and we hope to see you again should you find yourself stopping through Cambridge. Thanks for being our guest!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I work as a frac hand so we get shuffled around hotels across the country. In all my experience this hotel is the only hotel where the staff allow us to wake up and be out of the room to clean without any disturbance. This is a huge deal because we work 14 to 16 hours a day. The people and rooms are amazing as well as the breakfast. We asked for hot sauce for eggs and they went right out to get it. I can't say enough about the experience here at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Butterbals

I am beyond happy to hear that you're having such a great experience at our hotel. We have been diligent when it comes to ensuring that each guest receives a high quality, comfortable stay. I have to agree with you that our staff is exceptional, and I know that they will appreciate hearing it from a guest as well.

We look forward to providing you with the same great service whenever you find yourself back in Cambridge. For the review and your loyalty - thanks!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was a new hotel, just recently opened. The hotel was nice, like most Holiday Inn's. However what blue me away was the staff. No matter where/what/when the staff wanted to help. They never acted interrupted and went out of their way to help us out. I can't believe the manager found that many great people in a city that small. The staff made the stay worthwhile.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JHMoss

Thank you for such a heartwarming, complimentary review. I definitely feel that our staff is the best of the best, and it's fantastic when a guest can experience that and feel the same way. I will certainly be passing along the compliments to each staff member and let them all know that their hard work is clearly NOT unnoticed! This is the type of review that can pep up morale and I truly do appreciate it.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we would love to have you again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

On the final night of our week long family road trip we pulled into this property a little after 10 pm. Being a family of 5, I had meticulously chosen each night's accommodations to ensure that there was a bed or sofa bed for each of us each night. I booked this property online1-2 weeks before it opened, and, while it cost more than we were hoping to spend, we readily made a reservation for a 2 bed suite with sofa bed as it was one of the only hotels in the area that could accommodate all of us in one room and it was going to only be open less than a month so it should be clean and well-appointed. My husband went in to check us in but was motioning through the door for me to join him after just a minute or two. When I joined him at the front desk, he explained to me that the hotel had no rooms with sofa beds and that all the rollaways were in use. The two ladies at the front desk were very kind and gracious but were at a loss as to what to do. They told us we were the third family who booked one of these rooms believing it had a sofa bed. They allowed me to go up to the room and see if it would work for us as what the website had said was a sofa bed was actually just a love seat with no bed in it. They checked their other property in Zanesville for us, too, to see if they had a room available that would meet our needs, but they didn't. In the end, we made do with a child on the love seat. I cannot say enough good things about the kindness we received from the ladies at the front desk or the other staff at the hotel. It is a very nice property and it seems very well-appointed. The breakfast was the best we have seen anywhere on our trip. The only other difficulty we encountered during our stay was that the deadbolt wasn't properly lined up on the door so it was unusable. One of the ladies from the front desk was with us when we noticed it and she said it would be dealt with the next day. Overall it is a very nice property and easily accessible from I70, just don't expect a sofa bed in the suite.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank StLouisMom3

First of all, let me thank you for both choosing our hotel and for the very informative review. Secondly, I would like to apologize for all of the confusion you experienced when checking in regarding our room types and amenities. Unfortunately, when we first opened, some webpages did provide inaccurate descriptions of what we offer; the issues have been taken care of, however, and that is due in part to our exceptional guests (like you) who have brought that to our attention. While we still do not offer any sofa beds, we did purchase several more rollaway beds to accommodate future guests.

I'm very glad that, despite that mishap, staff was friendly and able to make your stay enjoyable. Kindness definitely goes a long way and we try to make sure that every guest experiences that. I have to agree that our Express Start breakfast is among the best and is a great beginning to the day.

Thank you again for the review and for staying with us. I hope you choose the Holiday Inn Express of Cambridge the next time you find yourself in the area.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

A coworker and I were on our way home from a business trip in Pennsylvania and stopped for the night on 5/22/14. Hotel had only been opened a week, they were still doing some outside work and the pool was not completely full. The area has lots of new hotels and restaurants, the girl at the front desk said the area is having a oil and gas boom and bringing lost of new businesses to the area.

This is a very nice hotel we were given a suite with nice sofa area and 2 comfortable queen beds. We found the front desk girl to be very friendly and helpful. She recommended a nice local place to eat down the street, The Forum, it was very good with nice variety from steak to pasta, pizza to Greek. Also, served maybe the best breadsticks I've ever had. It was a nice change of pace from a chain. Breakfast the next morning was the standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast but kept hot and fresh.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank teetee830

Thanks for the great review! It looks like you were among the very first few guests we had, so let me also thank you for being understanding while we put the last few finishing touches on the hotel.

The suites in our hotel are exceptional; I'm pleased that you were able to relax comfortably and enjoy that space. We try to ensure the breakfast is fresh and satisfying to our guests while also maintaining temperatures at an optimal level. As for our front desk staff, they are always happy to offer recommendations on local dining and leisure activities; I'm glad you were able to make a good choice based on her suggestions!

Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!