“Out of date, questionable bill addition - and NO waffles!”
Review of Days Inn Cambridge

Days Inn Cambridge
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Connecticut/NYC
“Out of date, questionable bill addition - and NO waffles!”
Reviewed 1 May 2011

The hotel itself is out of date and seems a bit expensive for its quality, vintage and location. That said, it was a lot cheaper than the other place I checked out (Hampton Inn).
The wireless was pretty weak. Worst of all, the breakfast buffet did not have a waffle iron!
Do read your bill closely. Mine included a random line for something like "safe" for $1. It's not a huge amount, but that's BS. Yes, my room had a safe, but I didn't ask for one nor did I want to pay for one. It's just a way for them to extract an extra dollar tucked in with the taxes, and it's not fair. (The room also had curtains and a lock, but they don't have a "curtains" or "lock" fee.) Anyway, get them to take this bogus charge off. They will, you'll be a dollar richer, and you leave the hotel in the morning with that winning feeling.
The hotel was loud the night I was there, but I'm not sure why. The bar was smoke-free, a bit dead, but not unpleasant.

Room Tip: Best rooms? Stay in a better hotel!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
West Michigan
Reviewed 11 March 2011

I had to stay at this hotel for the month of January while I was working nearby. The hotels I stay at for work are usually picked for me by my work and this one was no exception. For the price my company paid per night it was a pretty fair deal. Better than most cheap hotels, which is where I usually end up.
The room was nice and clean and the maids did a good job keeping it up. The pillows were worthless but at least the beds were not bricks. The hotel has a washer and dryer for a good price too. The continental breakfast was a complete joke and was usually skipped. The high point of this location is that the bar and lunge adjacent to the front desk was of the least expensive I've ever seen, and there was ample selection of restaurants within a moments drive.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
stockton, ks
Reviewed 26 September 2010

this place was not in my plans, but rain and travel changes, made us stop early. we found this place at about 11pm. the room was not dirty, it appeared to be old, but was functional. i dont think there was anything special about the place, but it was what was needed when when we stopped for the night in the situation i would stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Brutal. I don't write a lot of negative reviews and I'm not really a "can I speak to the manager" kind of guy, but this place was bad. Unfriendly and unhelpful staff (older, male night manager). Gross rooms (cigarette burns on the bed spread and holes.........HOLES! in the curtains). The wifi didn't work. The tv was old and the channels were fuzzy. And my "extended checkout time" was noon. Nice. I only paid $62.00 for this room (AAA discount) but I've paid less for a much better room. I was too tired to check out and find another hotel, so the best thing I can do is warn others.

One last thing. There's a bar attached to this "hotel". I came in after midnight and the place was still rocking. If I'd have had a room on that end of the building, I'd have lost my mind.

This hotel is one small step above a motel.

Stayed April 2010, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Cambridge hotels

Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Our truck broke down in Ohio so we scrambled for a hotel. The Days Inn gave us a great deal and was pet friendly. The managers we extremely helpful and the housekeepers couldn't be friendlier. All the staff that we dealt with on our two day stay were great! The only reason I didn't rate this excellent was b/c the breakfast wasn't very big and the pool was outdoors.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
New SMyrna Beach, FL
Reviewed 23 December 2009

This was the worst Days Inn EVER!! Ants in the beds, which we didnt discover until late at night when we return to the room. Bugs in the bathroom. A very loud noise coming from mechanical room just down the hall from our room. DO NOT STAY HERE! When we asked to be compensated or changed to another room, they said there was nothing they could do. Please stay elsewhere! Not worth your hassel or the trama after effects!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NancyBaer
washington, DC
Reviewed 11 August 2009

So, I wasn't a really happy camper to start. I stay in Cambridge a lot for business, and had always managed to stay at the Comfort Inn across the street, so this was a first for me.

I checked in and went to my room, only to find the door didn't accept my card. Went back and got another one, it also failed t work. The clerk had followed me to the room, and we both verified the card/door inoperable. She gave me another room, across the hall.

The room looked ok, and all was well until around 9p when loud noises filled the room. I called the desk, they checked and said they couldn't find the source (it sounded like banging pipes) . By 11p the noise was still present, I called again, and the desk offered me another room. Not feeling like moving, and risking the whole caper again, I just decided to stay in the room. The noise did continue all night, making for a poor nights sleep.

Overall, the hotel was a bit dark (as noted by others) and does have that trade worn look and feel to it. It's not bad for the price, I guess, but is more than the Comfort Inn, which is a much cleaner, and quiet place to stay. And, for some reason, it was hard to find a parking spot as the lot was filled with pick ups and various other large trucks.

If you can't stay at the Comfort Inn, I guess this place will do. But, on my next trip here I'll make sure and get a room at the CI.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business