“UGGHHH”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Hackettstown, New Jersey
“UGGHHH”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I'm down to my last few minutes of drive time before the damn computer is going to start Nagging me that I'm in violation of hours of service rules. The only place coming up on my CLC app close is Days Inn. So there I go. I usually don't care what the rate is, since the company pays. But $92 with tax for this dump? Besides keeping me from an HOS violation , the other nice thing was I got a king bed even though they said only doubles were available. Also the front desk, on both shifts I met spoke English as a primary language and were very polite. The fridge in the room was turned off and smelled. The nice king size bed did not have king size sheets! The fitted ends could not be tucked in. Almost funny. Also being on the first floor I had the pleasure of hearing people going outside and having a smoke while laughing it up at midnite. The free breakfast was really not bad(microwave cheese omelette) as long as you didn't mind the hairy fat guy in a tank top and shorts waddling around the breakfast/lobby area. Dude, at least put on a short sleeve shirt and button it! I heard the front desk quote $99 plus tax as their regular rate. If I could legally next time I'd rather sleep over my steering wheel

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 2dixiecup

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

After reading some of the reviews, I was concerned, but now that we are here, I'm happy to say that perspective matters! It's not the classiest place, and it is pretty basic, but if you are traveling with a pet, it's your best bet for the area. We were put on the ground level, near an outer door, just as we requested. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: rear ground level was great.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Omaha
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Great experience for me, my sister, and her 5 grandchildren (4yrs-13yrs). After checking in, I went to front desk to ask for additional blankets. Not only was I offered several blankets, she also provided extra towels without me asking. Loved having popcorn and soda provided. At breakfast, a member of the staff came over to our table of 7 and talked with the kids, asking if there was anything special we needed (we didn't). We were all wished a safe trip and happy new year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Middleburg Heights, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

The Days Inn Cambridge is absolutely disgusting. The room was filthy, the bathroom was disgusting. The carpet was rolled up all over. The tv was older than I am. I can't believe they are charging $109 a night! This hotel is not worth spending $40 a night on. The bar is way over priced too. The best advice I can give is to spend an extra $20 or so and stay at the Hampton!

Room Tip: Drive right by Days Inn and go to the Hampton Inn! Don't stay at Days Inn. Disgusting!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joe C

Travellers are raving about these Cambridge hotels

Urbana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

The accommodations were generally acceptable, but the price of the room was untypically high from my experience. The continental breakfast is a bit meager.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family