Days Inn Cambridge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$69
US$68
Southgate Hotel(Cambridge)
US$76
US$64
Quality Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$63
Priceline
All reviewsinformation on local restaurantsbob evansconvenient locationcomfortable staybusiness travelnice place to stayparking lotsoapohiozanesvilleexit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2009

Older hotel that has been refurbished, room was ok, you can hear through the rooms, shower was old, we had room 116 on first floor, two full size beds that were old and bouncy and smelled like urine, too tired the night before to notice or we would have asked for another room. To me, the beds are the most important part of the room, I hope they are all not like the ones we had. Breakfast was as usual for free. Got a coupon book at a rest stop and got for 49.99. I think I'll try Super8 or Deer Creek next time. Location a little busy, lots of big trucks, but looks safe.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2008

nice place for the money,the people are really nice. new lounge built on to the hotel few years ago really makes this this a top location in cambridge. days inn is in walking distance to many restaurants and night nife. had a wonderful time will and do stay here when in cambridge....

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 31 July 2008

Just an overnight stay, arriving late and leaving early, so our needs and expectations weren't very high -- just a clean, quiet room and bed, and a modest breakfast. So I went with the cheapest hotel that got decent reviews. Which happened to be this one. (Dark halls I could deal with, and we don't need internet access.)

Alas, our needs were not met. Check in was extremely slow. The gal at the desk, while polite enough, was taking a VERY long time helping the previous customer. Once she got to me it was pretty quick -- I had, after all, reserved and pre-paid through expedia.

Heading to the room, the halls were indeed a bit dark, but not a problem. The room looked fine on first glance -- also a bit dark, but it looked clean. An odd smell, but nothing too awful. The beds were comfy enough. Going into the bathroom, I saw a bug scurrying across the counter .Wasn't a cockroach- not sure what it was. I brushed my teeth and went to bed .. it WAS late. In the morning, walking shoe-less across the carpet, I noticed it felt oddly sticky. The stickiness was all over, so it wasn't a spill or stain. Maybe the stuff they use to clean the carpets with? Water pressure in the shower was fine, towels a bit thin.

Finally, the breakfast was pathetic. The board in the lobby had promised 'fresh fruit, cereal, bagels' and more. The actual offerings were apples and oranges wrapped in plastic (it's July for heaven's sake -- why not peaches and plums?), horrible, pasty bagels, mini muffins that tasted of artificial vanilla and fake blueberry flavoring, decent juice, and ok coffee.

Checkout was slow too -- polite enough, but I had to stand there for about 10 minutes before the desk clerk showed up.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2008

I'll start with the good points... There was lots of parking for vehicles of all sizes, and there's a Bob Evan's right next door!

The lighting in the hallway was extremely dim, I'm 36 years old and have no issues with my vision, I also found the lighting in the room to be very poor, I had to turn all the lights on in the room to provide adequate lighting.

I was not able to connect to the Internet, when I called the front desk to tell them about it, I was told that there were no other complaints, so nothing was done to correct the problem.

When I checked out, it seemed like a big deal to provide me with a receipt, I was given the small MasterCard receipt, but had to ask for the larger detailed one.

Overall this was a very unpleasant experience.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Avistow
Reviewed 29 June 2004

Very nice - 1 night passing through in September 2003... interior corridors and clean and comfortable all for about $32 per night plus taxes and as mentioned the breakfast bar is good...pool is nice as well... also, across the street from the grocery store and a couple restaurants.

1  Thank fjnovak1