“Just off the Interstate”
Review of Deer Creek Motel

Deer Creek Motel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 10 October 2012

West bound from Allentown, PA to Columbus, OH made it this far. Was okay with having the dog. Have to look for it since it is hidden behind a larger motel. Place was fair and for one night not that bad. At least it was clean. Took the coupon from the travel booklet. Would I stay there again. Probably not unless I really had to. If I had not run into contruction enroute I would have made it to my destination in one drive.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Michael C, Manager at Deer Creek Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are one the only pet friendly hotels in Cambridge but it does cost ten dollars more a day for your pet to stay in the room. I think we are the most reasonably priced hotel in the area and part of the reason is you really have to look hard to find us even though we are right next to Interstate 70.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Apparently room rates are at a premium in Cambridge,Ohio. Seemed to be many work trucks all over the area, that would explain the high room rates I encountered on my recent stop. This Deer Creek Motel is an old style Knights Inn where you can still park at your room door,while the front desk staff was friendly, I found the rooms to be old and dated, with stained carpets and old 19in wall mounted TV's,, yet the rooms were relatively clean . Any time I pay over $70 a night to stay anywhere, I expect fairly nice rooms. The rooms were acceptable that's it. For $50 a night this would be a good value but for over $70 not so much. Obviously there is a high demand for rooms in Cambridge so that justifies the higher price. This was the LOWEST rate in the area on the Saturday night I was in Cambridge. So the next time I plan my trip I will just stay somewhere else besides Cambridge,Ohio.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank foto_johnyoc
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I was at the motel for a few weeks for work in the area, overall the staff and the rooms were good. Except for a blond b***h name kathy or something like that, she was rude when asked for towels, she didn't do a good job on my room, didn't clean my toilet and when asked If she was going to, she said she didn't have time because she had other rooms to do. I had to ask another maid which was extremely helpful and pleasant. A couple hours later the blonde maid from hell gave me her phone number and said she was fun. Not even if I was not married!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Oilworkerguy
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I have pictures of prostitution that went on at your hotel . and you didn't take any coupons or AAA or AARP. I like at least one night back, the staff was very rude . had to move room because air didn't work and it didn't work to well in the other room. and it was 100 out everyday.

Room Tip: let me know if you like pictures.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Teena R
Reviewed 25 May 2012

First off, my Garmin GPS is off by about two blocks on their actual location. A bit hard to find, back behind some restaurants.Watch closely for their sign. Once there, we found that the several staff members that we dealt with in our three-day stay were very helpful. We were pulling a trailer, so they did not rent out the two rooms beside us, to give us room to park crossways with the van and trailer. Rooms were clean and odor-free. Staff members repeatedly asked if there was anything that we needed (we didn't).

We didn't use the swimming pool, but it looked very nice.

Hint: it might be good to avoid the rooms on the side facing the highway, as they are more exposed to the traffic noise, and also avoid the rooms on the far end of the motel, as they are near a railroad tracks. We were at the front, and I did not hear any trains.

Nice little place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Buckeye4990
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

Parking lot completely flooded. Room smelled like wet dog/mildew. Toilet overflowed on 1st flush (#1). Did I mention how bad it smelled? Would not come back.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Teamsixshooter
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I live at Deer Creek for 3 weeks out of the month and it really is our home away from home. We rent one of their apartments, which is 2 roooms in 1, but we have stayed in a regular King size room. It is clean, there are NO smelly air freshners, no breakfast any more either. But the pool is open late, the staff is great, and our dog is welcome. My 2 year old has room to play (there are even basketball hoops in the parking lot as well ) The restaurants around are WONDERFUL! (The Forum and Theo's**) It is nothing fancy but it is clean, comfortable, and not in the middle of a lot of hustle-and-bustle.

Room Tip: The more "updated" are in the 100's. I think the quietest are the low 300's though...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business