We have been staying at this motel for many years when we come in town for Deerassic Classic. Even at it's best it was just "OK" but it was a shower, a bed and a roof over our head after a long day outside. We were just there over the weekend and could almost tell right away something was different. We found out the place had sold and has new owners. The rooms are even less clean than before. Our friends room was missing a couch and table which left a big open space and no place to sit. When going to the front desk, they said the new owner was removing all the couches and did not plan to replace them. For us, this is a big problem since all the couches in the rooms were sleeper sofa's and we used it for our son to sleep on when we were there. The pool is shut down and there used to be an ice machine in the pool area that we could use to fill our coolers. Now you get ice from the lobby and there is a "one bucket" limit. In talking with some of the employees, there has been high turn-over and most don't like the new owners. They are poor on customer service and don't seem to care about long term people who stay there. We also tried to make our reservation for 2014 (just in case we need it) and they no longer would take them that far out, told us to call back in January. So much for loyalty and ensuring we get our room. We have booked a room at the hotel next door, higher price but it is also a "hotel" with breakfast and is fairly new. If your expectations are very low and you don't really care about a super clean room and are just looking for a place to stay, go for it, otherwise look at the other 6-8 hotels in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clean and quite American owned and operated. All rooms have at your door parking, all ground level, Pets Welcome, and free hi-speed wireless internet. We have a couple of 2 room suites/apartments, and an efficiency apt. We also have smoking and non smoking rooms available. Our rooms have a microwave and fridge included in all rooms. We make special arrangements for our hunters, fishermen, and will cater to your needs as best as we can. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Deer Creek Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deer Creek Hotel Cambridge
- Deer Creek Motel Cambridge, Ohio