“Looking for just a place to stay”
Review of Deer Creek Motel

Deer Creek Motel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 26 September 2013

It was a decent hotel for the price paid and the lowest priced in the area. No frills but it was clean,, the bed was comfortable and the people nice. I would stay here again for another week if I come back to this area.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We have been staying at this motel for many years when we come in town for Deerassic Classic. Even at it's best it was just "OK" but it was a shower, a bed and a roof over our head after a long day outside. We were just there over the weekend and could almost tell right away something was different. We found out the place had sold and has new owners. The rooms are even less clean than before. Our friends room was missing a couch and table which left a big open space and no place to sit. When going to the front desk, they said the new owner was removing all the couches and did not plan to replace them. For us, this is a big problem since all the couches in the rooms were sleeper sofa's and we used it for our son to sleep on when we were there. The pool is shut down and there used to be an ice machine in the pool area that we could use to fill our coolers. Now you get ice from the lobby and there is a "one bucket" limit. In talking with some of the employees, there has been high turn-over and most don't like the new owners. They are poor on customer service and don't seem to care about long term people who stay there. We also tried to make our reservation for 2014 (just in case we need it) and they no longer would take them that far out, told us to call back in January. So much for loyalty and ensuring we get our room. We have booked a room at the hotel next door, higher price but it is also a "hotel" with breakfast and is fairly new. If your expectations are very low and you don't really care about a super clean room and are just looking for a place to stay, go for it, otherwise look at the other 6-8 hotels in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JCFOhio
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My husband and I checked in last Friday for a one night stay on our way home from the mid-west to the East Coast. The room was clean, comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Saturday morning as we hopped in our car ready to complete our trip home...the car wouldn't start! We called AAA who came and had to flatbed it to the nearest mechanic (Cambridge Car Repair). The people at Deer Creek couldn't be nicer! They told us we could keep the same room for at least the next 3 nights, or as long as we needed it. They gave us advise on where to eat and pick up any other supplies we might need! We had a refrigerator and microwave in the room, so we didn't have to eat out for every meal. They made our room up daily, crisp and clean. When it came time to pick up our car, they even drove us to the mechanic, because the only taxi service was closed! We can't thank this thoughtful and compassionate staff enough. Deer Creek Motel was small and personal and really made us feel "at home" for our prolonged stay. Thank you Deer Creek.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy P
Reviewed 9 July 2013

First, there were no rooms available at the advertised rate of $54.99. With tax, the price was $81. When I checked in the stench in the room was terrible and I asked for another room. I finally settled on the fourth room, since they all smelled to some degree. (The manager on duty was very friendly and accommodating.) There was a dirty towel on the back of the bathroom door. I figured I could live with that, since it was too late to look for another place. Then at 3:30 AM, the door to my room opened (no safety locks on the doors) and someone walks in, discovers me in bed, and says they will get another room - thank heaven! All innocent mistakes - management hadn't changed my room assignment in the office records and the night shift manager assigned my room to an unknowing customer. The carpet was dark and spongy and in the morning an ant was carrying debris across the rug. My recommendation - spend an extra few bucks and take your business elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank C_B721
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I believe that the Deer Creek Motel is the best value in all of Cambridge. The rooms are clean, the hotel is in a quiet area & the staff is very helpful. What's nice about the Deer Creek is that the hotel's rates are guaranteed to be the lowest in the area. Lower than the Days Inn, Comfort Inn, Econolodge & Baymont Inn. The hotel also has the typical amenities: Cable, Wifi & airconditioning / heating.

This place is ideal of oil services / E&P workers since you can park your truck right outside of your room & is located close to the where the all of oil and gas activity is. The hotel allows workers to hot bunk and gives out deals for weekly and monthly stays which is a little bit unique for hotels in the area.

Lastly, travelers should ask to stay in Building #2. Building #2 is where renovations have recently been completed. The carpeting is new, walls newly painted & furniture updated.

The staff is very responsive and wants to make everyone's stay as comfortable as possible. If a customer has any issues they should not hesitate to speak up to the front desk as they strive to make weary travellers stay comfortable.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in Building 2 where renovations have recently been completed.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank 833AlexM833
Reviewed 16 November 2012

The non-smoking rooms SMELL LIKE SMOKE?! The TV made a funny sound when in use.
This room was used just to sleep at night and wake up early to hunt at Salt Fork State Park. I would not recommend anyone use this place for anything else but to crash, if all other motels in the area are filled.

Room Tip: don't choose a room. There are other hotels in the area. You pay more, but it will be worth it!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank J M
michael c, Manager at Deer Creek Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Thanks for your feedback. I am the new manager here at the Deer Creek Motel and I am sorry that you werent happy with your room. I take guest feedback very seriously. If you rent a non-smoking room it shouldnt smell like smoke. The motel has a new owner and they are in the process of updating all of our rooms one building at a time. The first building that we are working on is all non smoking and almost everything in the rooms are brand new. I think you would be pleased if you rented a non smoking room now.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

West bound from Allentown, PA to Columbus, OH made it this far. Was okay with having the dog. Have to look for it since it is hidden behind a larger motel. Place was fair and for one night not that bad. At least it was clean. Took the coupon from the travel booklet. Would I stay there again. Probably not unless I really had to. If I had not run into contruction enroute I would have made it to my destination in one drive.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Michael C, Manager at Deer Creek Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are one the only pet friendly hotels in Cambridge but it does cost ten dollars more a day for your pet to stay in the room. I think we are the most reasonably priced hotel in the area and part of the reason is you really have to look hard to find us even though we are right next to Interstate 70.