This was our second stay at Salt Fork Resort for a family reunion. All of our adult children and their families stayed as well. When you arrive at Salt Fork State Park you have an incredible drive of seven miles to the Lodge. The lake and wooded areas are just beautiful. Be very watchful for deer and other animals.
The park offers numerous activites, fishing, boat rentals, horse back riding, hiking just to name a few. There is the Kennedy House to visit which has a lovely view of the lake. There is also a cave to explore, but caution is advised. My son was very interested in the hike that looks for Big Foot, which meets in the park on Saturday evenings.
The Lodge is just what you'd expect in the middle of the park. It has a rustic quality but also very luxurious. The rooms are very clean, spacious and the decor is wonderful. There are two pools, one indoor and one outdoor for everyone to enjoy. There is a playscape and sand box for the kids along with volleyball and shuffle board to play. They have a very nice play room for the kids with video games, ping pong and air hockey. The Lodge also has a very nice variey of activities and crafts for kids of all ages. If you want you can put your handprints on the wall in the activity room. Our grandson cannot wait to go back and see his handprint that he did on our visit in August 2012.
If you have a large family there are plenty of areas available for you to gather. There is a nice size area by the fireplace, another by the large screen TV or just above the indoor pool where everyone could meet to play games. The resturant has very good food for a reasonable price.
The outside grounds surrounding the Lodge are beautiful. There are some trails that you can walk just outside. Watch for the deer as there are many in the area. As my family and I walked one of the trails we were so surprised to discover when we got to the bottom of the hill that a deer was just above us. My grandson was very surprised as he stood on the sidewalk one afternoon that a young fawn that still had spots came running up to him as if to say hi. We also had about eight deer show up during our private bonfire for the family.
I would strongly recommend a visit to Salt Fork State Part and Resort. You will not regret the drive once you see how beautiful it is. We are already talking about when we'll go back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to Salt Fork State Park can enjoy overnight accommodations at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center. Conveniently located close to the intersection of Interstates 70 and 77, the lodge boasts 148 guestrooms, 54 cottages and eight meeting/conference rooms with a professional sales and catering staff. Also at the lodge you will find indoor/outdoor pools, a Jacuzzi, game room, fitness center, gift shop, lounge and full-service restaurant. Attractions and amenities at the park include an 18-hole championship golf course, nature center, two marinas, picnic area, seasonal hunting and fishing, boating, swimming and more. Whether you are planning a getaway for your family, a reunion with your classmates or a business conference away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Salt Fork provides the perfect atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salt Fork Hotel Cambridge
- Salt Fork Lodge And Conference Center Cambridge, Ohio