Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center
US$58
US$87
US$75
SleepInn
Quality Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$148
Orbitz.com
Comfort Inn(Cambridge)
US$94
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstate parktimbers restaurantgolf coursebunk bedsgift shopindoor poolhiking trailsall agesthe cottagesbeautiful sceneryhot tubtennis courtspontoon boatrocking chairshorseback ridinglake viewlove salt
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in the lodge there at the end of June after a family event nearby. The resort also has a number of cabins available. This resort, with a huge pool, well staffed with life guards, is more of a family getaway locale than couples destination. The one restaurant had good, not great food, with helpful service, The only nightlife available is a quiet bar with great bartenders and one pool table. Oh, you could go looking for bigfoot if you were brave, I suppose. The state park around is awsome, just beautiful. If you golf, be sure to take on their golf course. It is also beautiful, impeccably maintained but be ready for a hill climbing challenge. Our only complaint was the housekeeping. The first full day there, our room was not made up until well after 5 P.M. The second day, we did not get enough towels till late afternoon. Most of the people staying there seemed to be in small groups and families. For these it seems to be ideal

Room Tip: Some look out on incredible vistas and some look out on the pool,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gbthree
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I thank you for your kind words. My team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like the ones you’ve shared make it all worthwhile. I apologize for the delayed housekeeping service, and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay!

With Gratitude,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great lodge, one of the best in Ohio. The lounge was nice, the staff was very friendly and the kids loved the pools and game room. The pontoon boat rental was a bit pricey. Just disappointed that we didn't catch a glimpse of Bigfoot!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are convenient.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Salt Fork. I am thrilled to learn that your stay was enjoyable and have taken the liberty to share your comments with my staff (and Bigfoot). I know they appreciate positive feedback just as much as I do.

Please visit us again; we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I just spent a wonderful night in a rustic lodge. My friends, who are locals, sent me mixed reviews when it came to whether or not to say at the lodge. But when it came down to staying in shady Cambridge or out at Salt Fork, I chose wisely. Cons: I was concerned when I first walked in that it wouldn't be up to par - the lodge is old, dusty, and in need of some updates. The room had a few flying guests that had died on the counters/beds/floors/side tables and the room should have been given a once over before guest were allowed in (like maybe no one had been in it for weeks), the beds squeaked like turn of the century springs had been used, pillows were flat, room was dusty, and the shower head was really grimy. I have a germ problem with the "community" soap/lotion/shampoo despensers rather than new soaps for every guest. Finally, a bit pricey for what's available. Pros: The staff was friendly, the views were amazing, the room itself was cute (not Four Seasons but very cabin-like), decent bar/lounge, and we had lots of fun in the pool and the game room. The wildlife was abundant.
I heard they will be working on the state park soon, so while I had a good time, I am going to wait until the updates are performed before going back. I would still recommend a visit before staying off I-70 in Cambridge though.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BenjiTriptaker
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for the candid feedback. I do apologize for the condition of your room. No excuses in terms of cleanliness, but those doggone bed foundations. In our efforts to keep moving in a "green direction", we purchased a product called Forever Foundations less than two years ago. Produced by Serta, these function as both a base and box spring and are designed to last a "lifetime". Unfortunately, the problem we are having is the bolts tend to come loose ... which explains the bed squeeking. We hope to have a permanent solution to this problem very soon.

Most importantly, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

we've done probaly 5 or 6 stays here and always leave being refreshed.if you have children .the lodge has plenty of activtiies for them. not only interesting for them but teachable at the same time.there is an outdoor swimming area and a walk up bar there also.plenty of lifeguards for your saftey.

Room Tip: recommend the "B" wing.deers come up over the hill from the lake and is fun to see looking out over your balcony!!"A" wing is nice but less active in the deer part. we didn't use the the spa therefore couldn't comment on it!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Salt Fork. I am thrilled to learn that your stay was enjoyable. I especially like your perspective on our various activity programs. Our Activity Director (former elementary school teacher) designs programs intended to educate. The lodge's on-site Naturalist makes learning fun!

Please visit us again; we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

About 20 minutes off the interstate but easy to find and well worth the trip. Classic (perhaps 80s?) rustic timber and stone design main lodge, older but clean rooms in the lodge very well maintained, each with own balcony. Pool, game room and outdoor activities make this a great place for family. Even though we as a couple we only spent one night, it was very relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the woods and perhaps a view of the lake, instead of pool side.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. Everyone on the Salt Fork team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like these make it all worthwhile. Thanks for visiting our lodge, and I encourage you to visit our website for specials specifically designed for couples.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best Regards,