Our extended family met in 2008 and then again this summer for a week of family togetherness. We stay in the lakeside cabins, twice now several of them have been "chalets" which have hot tubs on the porches and screens to open the windows. The chalets have leather furniture in the living room, 2 bedrooms, small kitchen with supplies, 3/4 bathroom. We actually began these reunions in 1993, and have met several times since then. We have noticed a difference in the general upkeep of the cabins~ our recent trip found the porches looking like they needed to be made more sturdy, kitchen cabinets had broken drawers, shelves hanging on nails, etc. Just seem to be "worn" and we really hope that management will do an overhaul of these cabins soon. We plan to go back in 2012 and it would be great if they were updated. However, you cannot beat the beautiful views of the lake, the fishing right out your door, and the many great activities at the Lodge, including a gorgeous outdoor pool with plenty of lounge chairs, cabannas, baby pool, playground, shuffleboard, etc. It is a great place for a family vacation. We mostly eat our meals in our cabins, but an occasional takeout of their delicious french fries & chicken fingers, etc. for snacks while at the pool area. One thing to note though, most of these cabins are not easily accessible for those with limited mobility. The hillside cabins have many stairs leading up to them, the lakeside cabins & chalets have steep grounds to get to the lake, many steps leading to the cabins, etc. Just want to inform for those that this is an issue. It appears they do not have many cabins/cottages that are easily accessible for those with special needs. Overall, a great place for a family vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to Salt Fork State Park can enjoy overnight accommodations at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center. Conveniently located close to the intersection of Interstates 70 and 77, the lodge boasts 148 guestrooms, 54 cottages and eight meeting/conference rooms with a professional sales and catering staff. Also at the lodge you will find indoor/outdoor pools, a Jacuzzi, game room, fitness center, gift shop, lounge and full-service restaurant. Attractions and amenities at the park include an 18-hole championship golf course, nature center, two marinas, picnic area, seasonal hunting and fishing, boating, swimming and more. Whether you are planning a getaway for your family, a reunion with your classmates or a business conference away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Salt Fork provides the perfect atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salt Fork Hotel Cambridge
- Salt Fork Lodge And Conference Center Cambridge, Ohio