Best Western Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
Miami, Florida
“Good hotel!!!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We have stayed here multiple times and always enjoyed our stay. Staff is friendly. Good location near by many restaurants and mini shopping malls. pool area is attractive. We love their cozy beds. Last time we ware staying here and there was church conference was going on, hotel was sold out but still they accommodate everyone very smoothly. Person who serve the breakfast in the morning is friendly and she helped my daughter to make pancake.

Room Tip: away from breakfast room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The ENTIRE room smelled like MOLD and/or Mildew from the minute we walked in until we left. We told multiple employees and no one did anything about it. It was absolutely horrible!! I was also charged an additional $222.23 because they misplaced my Employee form. I am a visiting General Manager. I called the hotel and spoke to Tammy who said the owner is the one who placed the additional charges and that no one but her could remove them. I find this appalling!!! My entire staff has the ability and authorization to make these corrections. If the owner/manager needed a copy of my employee form I would have been happy to resend it. For her to just go in and charge my card without a courtesy call is very unprofessional. I faxed over a duplicate on Tuesday 9-10 and also called Best Western and filed a formal complaint. I want my card credited back the entire amount immediately!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Roger_Nation
36149, Manager at Best Western Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear, Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Best
Western Plus Canal Winchester inn. I am disappointed we failed to give
you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for with all
our guests – the type of service in which we pride ourselves.
AS a employee for the bestwestern, you should know that at check inn time, hotel needs employee voucher, if hotel does not get it which we never received it via fax as you mention and waited another 3 days after you checked out and still did not received it. Also hotel does not have contact phone number to call you??
so as a hotel policy, hotel did charge you for the full price upon not receiving employee certificate.
I like to apologized for the room that smell like mold. We would it switch it for you But after staying 4 night and letting us know How can we help you?
we upgrded you free upon your request as a manger from the other hotel. Eventhough hotel was sold out and rate was higher still as a courtsy we upgraded you for free. we sell this room every day and never get complain about mold.
Hotel and staff is doing everyhting that is possibal to make our guest stays enjoyable.
Again, i am apologizing for the all the trouble that you gone thru.

I hope that you still enjoy the hotel service and friendly staff services.
manager.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stay at this hotel regularly. There are other options, near the local military installation where I work part-time. I honestly believe that the management and workers of this hotel take pride in providing the best accommodations possible. There's never any surprises when I stay here. It's always clean and it's always secure. To the southeast Columbus Ohio traveler, I would say that this hotel is surprisingly close to points of interest in Columbus. It may not seem so when you look at the map, but it's easy to get to a lot of different places from this location. I'm entirely confident that if you call this hotel to make arrangements, you will be greeted by a friendly and willing voice. During a recent stay, I witnessed firsthand their carpet cleaning procedures. As much of a neat freak as I am, I wish this crew could come and do my house too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
PA
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is a great hotel except for the breakfast seating. If you plan to sit while eating you will most likely have to wait while others who have eating are socializing. There are only 20 seats available in the breakfast room. The food is good.

Normal, Illinois
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Room smelled dirty. Carpet was very old and dirty. Bathroom floor was scummy with built up dirt in all the corners. The bathroom door needed to be removed because it wouldn't close. The refrigerator didn't work and had to be replaced; the replacement was so loud we couldn't sleep. When we turned on the air conditioning, it stunk. The free breakfast is manned by the personnel who also clean the rooms! The waffle mix was so runny that it spurted all over our clothing; we complained, but no apology and no change in the waffle mix was even offered. The same donuts and muffins were left there all week...the bagels were like rocks. No one was obviously eating them because they were stale. This hotel needs updating, better service, and a management who cares about their customers!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

36149, Manager at Best Western Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
I want to personally apologize for the issues that you experienced and I have discussed these issues with our Housekeeping and Maintenance staff. I am sorry that we did not deliver to your expectations. Thank you for your feedback.

Best Regards

Jackie Johnson
Front Desk Manager
Fayetteville, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I would rather grab a sleeping bag and sleep in a rescue mission than stay in this hotel again. I walked into my hotel room and it smelled like a gym. The desk hlep was average at best and for the price that I paid, I could have found a similar hotel with better accomodations.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

36149, Manager at Best Western Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear, Guest
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Manager
Canal Winchester, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Room smelled like smoke, though is was a nonsmoking room. We called the desk and were told BW had a can of oder eliminator we could use, if we would come to the desk. No extra personal to deliver it or to check our room Couldn't control the air conditioning. It was freezing. No one came to fix it. The exercise equipment was broken, so the only exercise we got was swimming. We were very disappoint

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Dear, Guest

I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I heared your complained and like to apologize to you once again. In the August month, weather is very hot out side and as a default we keep all our room A/C is on. When guest arrives to a room, room will be cool and do not have to wait until the room gets cold. I am sorry that your room was cold and not warm.
Our all guest room A/C unit are easy and self control from heater to Air condition. it is very simple to do it. Also you said room was smelling like smoke, again i am very sorry for room but the hotel was sold out and could not switch you to another room. hotel did offer you can of airfreshner and still you did not happy so hotel give you as compensate 3450 Bestwestern reward points.
Again hotel staff and myself like to apologized to you.

Arti
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
#1 of 3 in Pickerington
Hampton Inn Columbus Hamilton

Been to Best Western Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East? Share your experiences!