“Stay at Best Westeren”

BEST WESTERN Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
Avondale, United States
“Stay at Best Westeren”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

One of the best of the top 3 places to stay when in the United States, and the only place to stay when in Ohio. The hotel is located around many places of interest, and many places to shop and eat. I would tell anyone this is the only place to stay when in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ravenna, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have travelled a lot. All over the US and throughout Europe. My honey and I stayed at this Best Western last weekend. We were pleasantly surprised with our total experience. The staff was most friendly and helpful. The room was VERY clean and nicely decorated. Like one of the other visitors mentioned, the bathroom was rather small, but having the sink in a separate room from the toilet and tub made getting ready in the morning quite easy for two people. The hot breakfast was very good. I had seen the self-serve waffle makers before, but the "do-it-yourself" pancake machine was rather cool. Me Me, the woman who was working in the breakfast room the morning we were there was very friendly, helpful and a pleasure to deal with. We would most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay attention to the settings on the heating/air conditioning system. I set ours too cold, and beli...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hickory, NC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The only negatives were the surprisingly poor wifi (slow speed and kept getting dropped) and a bed that was rather hard. Hotel was very clean and everyone on the staff was very helpful.

Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Family really enjoyed the pool-could've been a little warmer, though the kids didn't seem to mind. Rooms were very clean. Bathrooms fairly small-difficult to get in and shut door but I managed. Good security.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

We have stayed here multiple times and always enjoyed our stay. Staff is friendly. Good location near by many restaurants and mini shopping malls. pool area is attractive. We love their cozy beds. Last time we ware staying here and there was church conference was going on, hotel was sold out but still they accommodate everyone very smoothly. Person who serve the breakfast in the morning is friendly and she helped my daughter to make pancake.

Room Tip: away from breakfast room
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

The ENTIRE room smelled like MOLD and/or Mildew from the minute we walked in until we left. We told multiple employees and no one did anything about it. It was absolutely horrible!! I was also charged an additional $222.23 because they misplaced my Employee form. I am a visiting General Manager. I called the hotel and spoke to Tammy who said the owner is the one who placed the additional charges and that no one but her could remove them. I find this appalling!!! My entire staff has the ability and authorization to make these corrections. If the owner/manager needed a copy of my employee form I would have been happy to resend it. For her to just go in and charge my card without a courtesy call is very unprofessional. I faxed over a duplicate on Tuesday 9-10 and also called Best Western and filed a formal complaint. I want my card credited back the entire amount immediately!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

36149, Manager at BEST WESTERN Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear, Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Best
Western Plus Canal Winchester inn. I am disappointed we failed to give
you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for with all
our guests – the type of service in which we pride ourselves.
AS a employee for the bestwestern, you should know that at check inn time, hotel needs employee voucher, if hotel does not get it which we never received it via fax as you mention and waited another 3 days after you checked out and still did not received it. Also hotel does not have contact phone number to call you??
so as a hotel policy, hotel did charge you for the full price upon not receiving employee certificate.
I like to apologized for the room that smell like mold. We would it switch it for you But after staying 4 night and letting us know How can we help you?
we upgrded you free upon your request as a manger from the other hotel. Eventhough hotel was sold out and rate was higher still as a courtsy we upgraded you for free. we sell this room every day and never get complain about mold.
Hotel and staff is doing everyhting that is possibal to make our guest stays enjoyable.
Again, i am apologizing for the all the trouble that you gone thru.

I hope that you still enjoy the hotel service and friendly staff services.
manager.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stay at this hotel regularly. There are other options, near the local military installation where I work part-time. I honestly believe that the management and workers of this hotel take pride in providing the best accommodations possible. There's never any surprises when I stay here. It's always clean and it's always secure. To the southeast Columbus Ohio traveler, I would say that this hotel is surprisingly close to points of interest in Columbus. It may not seem so when you look at the map, but it's easy to get to a lot of different places from this location. I'm entirely confident that if you call this hotel to make arrangements, you will be greeted by a friendly and willing voice. During a recent stay, I witnessed firsthand their carpet cleaning procedures. As much of a neat freak as I am, I wish this crew could come and do my house too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
#1 of 3 in Pickerington
Hampton Inn Columbus Hamilton

Been to BEST WESTERN Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East? Share your experiences!